Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Kiwi born and bred - over it

Kiwi born and bred - over it

Old Aug 15th 2013, 5:16 am
Looking for my marbles.

pippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Kiwi born and bred - over it

Originally Posted by Snap Shot
Yes, the decision has been made. Carry on with the, 'wait and see' that we have been doing since arriving in Feb 2011.
Get me out of this cartoon ! Yup, I can fully appreciate that. This experience is supposed to be an adventure, right ? I do voluntary work so my cv doesn't have more holes in it than swiss cheese. That was born out of desperation because I can't bear being unemployed for months on end

I can't claim unemployment benefit in NZ either. When I have been in paid employment here in NZ, I was taxed as an individual. When I go to claim unemployment benefit, household income as a whole is taken into account . I wanted to live in NZ because........
That sounds like the start of another good thread Snap Shot.

I wanted to live in NZ Because....... I believed what they said at the seminars about emigrating and I also bought a pair of spectacles whilst I was there. They had a hint of rose colour in them.
Old Aug 15th 2013, 6:38 am
Forum Regular

marblep has a reputation beyond reputemarblep has a reputation beyond reputemarblep has a reputation beyond reputemarblep has a reputation beyond reputemarblep has a reputation beyond reputemarblep has a reputation beyond reputemarblep has a reputation beyond reputemarblep has a reputation beyond reputemarblep has a reputation beyond reputemarblep has a reputation beyond reputemarblep has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TommyLuck
Oops

It was meant to be a sarcastic comment.

No offence intended.
No probs Tommy. Offence was all at my end. It was one of those days. Hope all is well with you.
Old Aug 15th 2013, 7:51 am
Forum Regular

pixiewink has much to be proud ofpixiewink has much to be proud ofpixiewink has much to be proud ofpixiewink has much to be proud ofpixiewink has much to be proud ofpixiewink has much to be proud ofpixiewink has much to be proud ofpixiewink has much to be proud ofpixiewink has much to be proud ofpixiewink has much to be proud ofpixiewink has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by pippalonghorn
I wanted to live in NZ Because....... I believed what they said at the seminars about emigrating and I also bought a pair of spectacles whilst I was there. They had a hint of rose colour in them.
Old Aug 15th 2013, 9:33 am
BE Enthusiast

davros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by davros1984
Same - I never want to live in the South East of England again, a materialistic and pretentious hell-hole.
Oh, Guildford's not that bad ! I was fed up with the middle class encouragement to show off in S.E. England when we left a couple of years ago. It's funny, these days, I kinda miss it. I miss laughing at it too, but still.. Agree
sorry snap but Guildford is pretty bad. a pretentious hotspot that's been overrun with way too many cars. I'm sure it was a lovely place to be once upon a time. now though its full of overpriced barbers, land rover, range rover, jag, BMW and Audi fascists. I have to admit though that I do miss laughing at those sorts of people, but I guess there are more cropping up in Auckland now to laugh at.

Last edited by BEVS; Aug 15th 2013 at 9:30 pm. Reason: quoties
Old Aug 16th 2013, 2:03 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

We purchased our first house in Woking 1995. Bottom of housing market. Prices were just about to turn upwards. We purchased our first house, a 3 bed terrace for 64,500GBP. We had got married a few months earlier.
weird - ours was same year, same type/beds and same price. lost all of the deposit when we had to sell in 1998.......both relocated.....then rented three places, two of which the landlord themselves moved back into.....ooopps.....
but then landed a good one that we sold after being in NZ for 6 years
Old Aug 16th 2013, 6:33 am
Account Closed

shocked kiwi is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by davros1984
sorry snap but Guildford is pretty bad. a pretentious hotspot that's been overrun with way too many cars. I'm sure it was a lovely place to be once upon a time. now though its full of overpriced barbers, land rover, range rover, jag, BMW and Audi fascists. I have to admit though that I do miss laughing at those sorts of people, but I guess there are more cropping up in Auckland now to laugh at.
I lived in guildford surrey and LOVED it - all the gorgeous hansel and gretel houses - and the amazing shops and so beautiful
Old Aug 19th 2013, 9:57 am
Forum Regular

marblep has a reputation beyond reputemarblep has a reputation beyond reputemarblep has a reputation beyond reputemarblep has a reputation beyond reputemarblep has a reputation beyond reputemarblep has a reputation beyond reputemarblep has a reputation beyond reputemarblep has a reputation beyond reputemarblep has a reputation beyond reputemarblep has a reputation beyond reputemarblep has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pippalonghorn
Immigrants buy 5% of the houses in New Zealand. English make up just over half of that 5%. Even if all of the English stop buying properties over here it won't make any difference. it is the whole system that sucks the living daylight out of hardworking families who don't have the privilege of having a spare 1 to 2 million dollars in the bank.
I'd love to hear the true figures. One of my friends from the UK is married to a Chinese woman. He used to rent a bedsit in Colchester till he met her. Now he lives in Hong Kong. He has been to NZ once, but now owns properties all over NZ - 8 in all. 2 in St Heliers!!! He has no plans of ever coming here again. But in his words 'NZ and Canada are the most profitable countries - no capital gains or overseas investor taxes'. Tell us the true figures John Key.
Old Aug 20th 2013, 10:35 am
BE Forum Addict

TommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by marblep
No probs Tommy. Offence was all at my end. It was one of those days. Hope all is well with you.
All good.
Old Aug 20th 2013, 10:42 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by TommyLuck
All good.
Right back at ya