The KIWI BAR

Old Sep 25th 2006, 8:08 pm
conquering the world!

karonious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Kiwi Bar

[QUOTE=spackster]
Originally Posted by karonious

Well good evening Mrs B. Thanks for the drink, I'm not the only one lurking, there's Donna out there as well and not forgeting Sarah B.
Evening Jac! Yes, but I knew you would be first!!

I'll have a guess at ginger beer for Sarah and a cocktail for a change for Donna - let's set her up a tequila sunrise and then if she doesn't like it, well it would be a shame to waste it
Donna - now at Steve's Mum's house. Apparently we will have the visas in our grubby little hands on Wednesday. CO said it can take up to 2 weeks to process but she pushed ot through due to time scale
BIG drink for our Case Officer!
Furniture couldn't leave the country without a visa so it is in England somewhere, CO is going to send them a copy of visa also to get it moving quickly
Old Sep 25th 2006, 8:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

spackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud of

[QUOTE=karonious][QUOTE=spackster]

Evening Jac! Yes, but I knew you would be first!!

I'll have a guess at ginger beer for Sarah and a cocktail for a change for Donna - let's set her up a tequila sunrise and then if she doesn't like it, well it would be a shame to waste it

Sounds good to me. Will need another bottle soon, stressfull day trying to organise mortgage. Fancy another 21 pints?
Old Sep 25th 2006, 8:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

danny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=karonious]
Originally Posted by danny.f
Good morning/evening all. just a quick hello before my footy and pub evening (wasted on a Monday,that). Hope you are all well-hope work/sleep was good, beer available 24 hours now. I've installed a credit/debit card operated pour-your-own alcohol drinks machine. Operates like a coffee machine,but for beer-for while the bar is not staffed!! Woohoo! It's buy one,get one free,I said it's buy one,get one free for this week! Popps,prezzie to be posted tomorrow.

WOOHOOO!! Cheers Danny, don't mind if I do
Right, 21 lagers for me and a bottle of Merlot with a straw for Jac as I saw her lurking about outside... music....ooh... some Red Hot Chillies would be good.... and if I can just prise a packet of pork scatchings out of the machine we will be set...
Excellent, what more could you ask for

Hi Karen,
I'll join you if I may and have 21 largers too and the pork scratchings sounds good but I'll have scampi fries if they've run out. I need some Dutch courage as I'm waiting for Danny to get in from the pub so I can hit him with the news that I think I want to go to Palmerston North now instead of Welly. Palmerston North was always where we fancied but we were put off by other people's reactions (yes we are that fickle) and the fact that the children's department at the local hospital is so small. However having had yet another e mail from the HR department saying how much they want us to go there and will give us relocation costs and will find us both jobs etc, and having read one of Genesis's posts who lives there I can't really understand why we have let ourselves be put off. When we arrived in Palmy North we all (including the kids, well the older 2) said "this is it" and it felt like what we were looking for - we were both disappointed in Welly initially but seem to have talked ourselves into liking it more than we did at the time (there's nothing wrong with Welly but when we were there we prefered Palmy). Well now I've got that off my chest I just have to tell Danny and the company who have found us accomodation (for the second time) and our new employees at Welly and be reinterviewed and get new references sent off and make contacts with hundreds of real estate agents in P North and look at schools.
I think I need another 21 please Karen....
Anyway, delighted your medicals came through - how is the gypsy life treating you?
Donna
Old Sep 25th 2006, 8:27 pm
conquering the world!

karonious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=danny.f]

Hi Karen,
I'll join you if I may and have 21 largers too and the pork scratchings sounds good but I'll have scampi fries if they've run out. I need some Dutch courage as I'm waiting for Danny to get in from the pub so I can hit him with the news that I think I want to go to Palmerston North now instead of Welly. Palmerston North was always where we fancied but we were put off by other people's reactions (yes we are that fickle) and the fact that the children's department at the local hospital is so small. However having had yet another e mail from the HR department saying how much they want us to go there and will give us relocation costs and will find us both jobs etc, and having read one of Genesis's posts who lives there I can't really understand why we have let ourselves be put off. When we arrived in Palmy North we all (including the kids, well the older 2) said "this is it" and it felt like what we were looking for - we were both disappointed in Welly initially but seem to have talked ourselves into liking it more than we did at the time (there's nothing wrong with Welly but when we were there we prefered Palmy). Well now I've got that off my chest I just have to tell Danny and the company who have found us accomodation (for the second time) and our new employees at Welly and be reinterviewed and get new references sent off and make contacts with hundreds of real estate agents in P North and look at schools.
Anyway, delighted your medicals came through - how is the gypsy life treating you?
Donna
Wow, that's a big decision, but best done now maybe rather than move house and school and friends and jobs and and and.. drink up girl!
The gypsy life... we have a deposit on flights for the 8th but I am pushing Steve to get something sooner if at all possible. Best so far is the 2nd Oct without a stopover. I would have liked to have taken a break in the middle to destress and refresh but we seem to have Melissa out of school so long, I just want to get there and start being organised. I'm beginning to realise I am a bit of a control freak - I like being in my own house where I have some control over when we eat, what is on the TV ect
Not to worry, not long now
Old Sep 25th 2006, 8:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

spackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud of

[QUOTE=danny.f]

Hi Karen,
Donna

I thought our move was complicated, we've got nothing on you. Hope it all works out ok. Go with your heart. Anymore drinks? I'll have another bottle please.
Old Sep 25th 2006, 8:49 pm
conquering the world!

[QUOTE=spackster]

I thought our move was complicated, we've got nothing on you. Hope it all works out ok. Go with your heart. Anymore drinks? I'll have another bottle please.

Yup, sup up ladies, Danny said it was free, and free beer always tastes better!
Jac, haven't seen Adie in here for a while - has he gone upmarket and started going somewhere else or have you cut his hands off again to keep him off the mouse? (you could hardly see the joins where you stitched them back on last time )
Old Sep 25th 2006, 8:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

[QUOTE=karonious]
Originally Posted by spackster

Yup, sup up ladies, Danny said it was free, and free beer always tastes better!
Jac, haven't seen Adie in here for a while - has he gone upmarket and started going somewhere else or have you cut his hands off again to keep him off the mouse? (you could hardly see the joins where you stitched them back on last time )
No he's got himself a new job which means he has to get up early so he generally falls asleep on the other sofa or, sits there whinging that i'm ignoring him. But i know he'll make up for the absences when i'm on nights or working at the weekend. Bet your pleased everything has come together at last. More drinks. (Any pickled eggs?)
Old Sep 25th 2006, 9:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

danny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=karonious]

Wow, that's a big decision, but best done now maybe rather than move house and school and friends and jobs and and and.. drink up girl!
The gypsy life... we have a deposit on flights for the 8th but I am pushing Steve to get something sooner if at all possible. Best so far is the 2nd Oct without a stopover. I would have liked to have taken a break in the middle to destress and refresh but we seem to have Melissa out of school so long, I just want to get there and start being organised. I'm beginning to realise I am a bit of a control freak - I like being in my own house where I have some control over when we eat, what is on the TV ect
Not to worry, not long now
We'll probably burn our bridges at Welly as I'm sure the team leaders at Welly will be well p*$$ed off with us as we have already asked them to delay our start but hey - it's our life.

If you go on the 8th will you get a stop over or is that straight there too? The owners of the house we are renting have just accepted an offer so we may well be homeless too in the near future. Danny's mum has made it more than clear that she would rather we didn't live with her plus she has Danny's brother in law living there at the moment. My parents would love us to go there but they live up north so we would be in a similar situation to you and have to take the kids out of school.

How long are you booked into the motel when you get there and do you have to start looking for accomodation straight away? It'll be worth it all in the end, just make the most of your last few weeks!

Anyway, fancy another 21?
Old Sep 25th 2006, 9:04 pm
conquering the world!

[QUOTE=spackster]

No he's got himself a new job which means he has to get up early so he generally falls asleep on the other sofa or, sits there whinging that i'm ignoring him. But i know he'll make up for the absences when i'm on nights or working at the weekend. Bet your pleased everything has come together at last. More drinks. (Any pickled eggs?)
Very quick nightcap for me (bottle of Glenfiddich liquer)
And bottle of merlot for yourself - jar of eggs that Danny had hidden under the bar, only slightly out of date!!
Have to get off the computer as it is in my brother-in-law's bedroom and he has to be up for work early
Yes, hugely releived to know where we are up to, just need to finalise which flight and we will be off.
Tune in tomorrow for the next thrilling episode!!
Goodnight
Old Sep 25th 2006, 9:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Smile Re: Kiwi Bar

[QUOTE=karonious]

And bottle of merlot for yourself - jar of eggs that Danny had hidden under the bar, only slightly out of date!!
Have to get off the computer as it is in my brother-in-law's bedroom and he has to be up for work early
Yes, hugely releived to know where we are up to, just need to finalise which flight and we will be off.
Goodnight
Night night see you tomorrow
Old Sep 25th 2006, 9:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

[QUOTE=karonious]

Goodnight

Goodnight Mrs B, Sweet dreams.
Old Sep 25th 2006, 9:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Well, going to sign off now before him indoors gets the a**e. 'night Donna.
Old Sep 25th 2006, 9:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Well, going to sign off now before him indoors gets the a**e. 'night Donna.
night Jac,
see you tomorrow,
Donna
Old Sep 25th 2006, 10:30 pm

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

night Jac,
see you tomorrow,
Donna
Hey Poppets, seen you're around ... no death by tinsel after all!! Phew!! No-one's around. Shall have to help myself to a drink. deserve it after the 50 LENGTHS swim tonite!! Go Me, Go Me!! Heart attack almost, but that was just a vain attempt to get the lifega=uard's attention. Didn't have contact lenses in. Lifeguard was female!!
Old Sep 25th 2006, 10:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

poppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Am Loolah
Hey Poppets, seen you're around ... no death by tinsel after all!! Phew!! No-one's around. Shall have to help myself to a drink. deserve it after the 50 LENGTHS swim tonite!! Go Me, Go Me!! Heart attack almost, but that was just a vain attempt to get the lifega=uard's attention. Didn't have contact lenses in. Lifeguard was female!!
you daft fairy you, no no death by tinsel, doing clay handprints today (messy)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.