Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

just started emmigration process

just started emmigration process

Old Jul 10th 2007, 8:28 pm
Family landed :)

newzealandplease is just really nicenewzealandplease is just really nicenewzealandplease is just really nicenewzealandplease is just really nicenewzealandplease is just really nicenewzealandplease is just really nicenewzealandplease is just really nicenewzealandplease is just really nicenewzealandplease is just really nice
Default just started emmigration process

trying for NZ. appear to have 130 points without a job offer. But crikey isn't the EoI form complicated? We were going to go alone, but decided to get an agent to look after the application, really glad now after making a complete mess of the first draft of the form, I think I sent them more questions than what I gave answers Hard filling out the forms with tw oyoung uns in the house!

Am going to NZ later this year for a look around etc. Trying to base ourselves in Wellington.

Anyone out there with any real info on the IT market in NZ? Pointers appreciated.

M
Old Jul 10th 2007, 11:49 pm

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice
Default Re: just started emmigration process

EOI complicated? I thought it was fairly straightforward, but yeah, long. With littluns running around underfoot the EOI might prove to be a bit of an effort, yeah.

As for IT work in Wellington a good place to start is...

www.wellies.org.nz

Good luck.
Old Jul 11th 2007, 12:27 am
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by newzealandplease
trying for NZ. appear to have 130 points without a job offer. But crikey isn't the EoI form complicated? We were going to go alone, but decided to get an agent to look after the application, really glad now after making a complete mess of the first draft of the form, I think I sent them more questions than what I gave answers Hard filling out the forms with tw oyoung uns in the house!

Am going to NZ later this year for a look around etc. Trying to base ourselves in Wellington.

Anyone out there with any real info on the IT market in NZ? Pointers appreciated.

M
Welcome to the site 'M'
Sorry you didn't find us sooner, we could have saved you a packet. I know what you mean about the EOI. I did ours by myself, as DH was in NZ having interviews at the time & we've got 3 of the little darlings.

Needless to say we got through it all & have been here 3 months now

Good Luck
Old Jul 11th 2007, 1:56 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Hi and welcome to this little forum. Plenty of folk here willing to offer help and support.
Shame about the EOI. It IS long but pretty straighforward. I like the way the on-line form allows you to do a bit at a time as well as save and edit it. I'm currently in the midst of one for someone who is here on a work permit and hoping for PR.
Good luck with your reccy. I'm sure you'll come away with a job offer.
Old Jul 13th 2007, 11:27 am
Forum Regular

scharlonie will become famous soon enoughscharlonie will become famous soon enough

Hi Wait till you get the application pack!!!!!
Joking aside it may be an idea to start photocoping info that you will need to send, as you have to send orginal docs to NZ house. we found the employment info they required a pain as we are self employed.
We've just been accepted after putting our EOI in in September so we will soon be off to sunnier climate!!! Enjoy the waiting game.
Sharon-John
Old Jul 13th 2007, 11:29 am
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scharlonie
Hi Wait till you get the application pack!!!!!
Joking aside it may be an idea to start photocoping info that you will need to send, as you have to send orginal docs to NZ house. we found the employment info they required a pain as we are self employed.
We've just been accepted after putting our EOI in in September so we will soon be off to sunnier climate!!! Enjoy the waiting game.
Sharon-John

Just work through it one page at a time & if you get stuck, shout!! VERY LOUDLY