Reload this Page >

Just moved to Papamoa

Just moved to Papamoa

Old Jan 17th 2011, 11:53 pm
Just Joined

Debs78 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Just moved to Papamoa

Hello everyone !

Myself, my husband and our 4 year old daughter have recently moved here we have work visas and are awaiting getting residency. We are currently living with my parents who moved over here in Feb 2010. My husband has a job in Greerton and we are waiting 3 months before we can get a mortgage and buy our own home ! we are looking to buy in area which has a good primary school for our little girl....does anyone know of any good schools? we have heard Bethlehem is a nice area and has a good school! any help would be great...also how do you guys get friends we have been here 2 months now and are struggling with the no friends department...only have my parents to socalize with !!

Debs x
Old Jan 20th 2011, 7:41 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Just moved to Papamoa

Originally Posted by Debs78
Hello everyone !

Myself, my husband and our 4 year old daughter have recently moved here we have work visas and are awaiting getting residency. We are currently living with my parents who moved over here in Feb 2010. My husband has a job in Greerton and we are waiting 3 months before we can get a mortgage and buy our own home ! we are looking to buy in area which has a good primary school for our little girl....does anyone know of any good schools? we have heard Bethlehem is a nice area and has a good school! any help would be great...also how do you guys get friends we have been here 2 months now and are struggling with the no friends department...only have my parents to socalize with !!

Debs x
Hi Debs, and a warm welcome to BE and, indeed, sunny Papamoa!

I've been here coming up 4 years and love it. There are loads of us around, but I expect most are quite busy at the moment enjoying the weather and the last weeks of school holidays.

Lots of us have kids at Tahatai Coast School in Evans Rd in Papamoa if you were thinking of staying in the area?

We have a bunch of us ladies who meet on a Friday evening for a fun netball session followed by a few wines. We'll be hopefully starting back on to that in a couple of weeks.

Haven't organised a meet up for ages, but watch this space. Let me know if you are interested in netball? Or wine ...
Old Jan 21st 2011, 4:27 am
BE Enthusiast

bolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to behold

Hello & welcome

Hope to see you at the netball or for wine - we should be having a 'social ' for our end of last season & restarting play - the wine just helps to wet the whistle !!
Old Jan 21st 2011, 7:37 am
Just Joined

Debs78 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey thank you ladies sounds good keep me posted xx
Old Feb 25th 2011, 9:33 am
BE Enthusiast

MooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond repute

Hey thank you ladies sounds good keep me posted xx
Hello from me am in Papamoa too, i have a little un like loolah at Tahatai Scool and 2 older ones at Mount College, like the ladies have said we like to meet up for a few drinkies !!!!!!!
Old Feb 26th 2011, 2:24 am
BE Forum Addict

Margaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond repute

Pop into the english butchers on Palm Beach Plaza I am sure Doug & Gail will give you a friendly smile and a few pointers if you ask them.

June
Old Feb 27th 2011, 5:22 am
BE Forum Addict

RobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MooMoo290373
Hello from me am in Papamoa too, i have a little un like loolah at Tahatai Scool and 2 older ones at Mount College, like the ladies have said we like to meet up for a few drinkies !!!!!!!

Hey MooMoo! Long time no post!!
Hope everything is going good for you.
Old Mar 1st 2011, 12:23 am
BE Enthusiast

MooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RobDon
Hey MooMoo! Long time no post!!
Hope everything is going good for you.
I know been too busy enjoying life here in Papamoa, hope you and yours are good and still enjoying being here, i am aiming to come on more, as i know i have neglected this site Will post and 18mnth update soon !!!!
Old Mar 1st 2011, 9:32 am
BE Forum Addict

RobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MooMoo290373
I know been too busy enjoying life here in Papamoa, hope you and yours are good and still enjoying being here, i am aiming to come on more, as i know i have neglected this site Will post and 18mnth update soon !!!!
Sweet as!
Old Mar 12th 2011, 8:35 pm
Just Joined

louloubell is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello everyone !

Debs x
Hi Debs,

My husband is English (from Bristol) & I am a kiwi (altho recently spent 10yrs in UK) - we moved here about a year ago and are still looking to increase our circle of friends :-) I'm a housewife altho trying to get into screenplay writing and my husband runs a software company from home. Papamoa is very quiet but we love the beach & lifestyle here... We are in our early thirties and finding it challenging to meet other's around the same age...would love to meet up for a drink or lunch at Rain at some stage whenever you & your husband are free Cheers, Louise
Old Mar 15th 2011, 6:56 am
BE Enthusiast

bolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by louloubell
Hi Debs,

My husband is English (from Bristol) & I am a kiwi (altho recently spent 10yrs in UK) - we moved here about a year ago and are still looking to increase our circle of friends :-) I'm a housewife altho trying to get into screenplay writing and my husband runs a software company from home. Papamoa is very quiet but we love the beach & lifestyle here... We are in our early thirties and finding it challenging to meet other's around the same age...would love to meet up for a drink or lunch at Rain at some stage whenever you & your husband are free Cheers, Louise

Papamoa Quiet - me thinks you must live far away from Am Loolah then !!!!!!!!!
Old Mar 16th 2011, 8:24 pm

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bolton1
Papamoa Quiet - me thinks you must live far away from Am Loolah then !!!!!!!!!
Ahem, I am here you know ...

My poor neighbours don't think Papamoa's quiet!