Missing friends.

Old Mar 5th 2011, 4:28 am

Woodpigeon is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Missing friends.

Report on the news says that they didn't find any bodies inside the cathedral, after they had been expecting around 20. Bizarre.
Old Mar 5th 2011, 5:28 am
It is what it is Member

simonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 6.3 quake reported in Christchurch?

Originally Posted by Woodpigeon
Report on the news says that they didn't find any bodies inside the cathedral, after they had been expecting around 20. Bizarre.
Most disasters involving say aircraft or ships, you have a passenger manifest to work from so the list of missing vs found is fairly exact, in this scenario they most often just donĀ“t know, who was in there (except staff), who got out, where they are now....

At least no lives were lost in searching an empty building but it is no different to the fire service, unless you know who was in a building on fire and know they are all out, the building gets searched as soon as possible....
Old Mar 5th 2011, 8:01 am

Yes I know that. Fact is that we're waiting for news of some missing people who were thought to be in the cathedral. We've been waiting for it to be searched in the hope that the uncertainty would be over. Since we know of no reason for these people to have been in either the CTV or PG buildings we now have no idea where they might be.
Old Mar 6th 2011, 9:25 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

. Fact is that we're waiting for news of some missing people who were thought to be in the cathedral.
Poo Hope you hear something soon.
Old Mar 7th 2011, 12:02 am
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

Yes I know that. Fact is that we're waiting for news of some missing people who were thought to be in the cathedral. We've been waiting for it to be searched in the hope that the uncertainty would be over. Since we know of no reason for these people to have been in either the CTV or PG buildings we now have no idea where they might be.
Hoping you get some news soon WP x
Old Mar 7th 2011, 3:00 am
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute

National's news said they had 'disappeared'. Now that IS weird. And why have those who were in the cathederal checking it out not come forward and said "we are alive"?????????????????
Old Mar 7th 2011, 3:39 am
Account Closed

harrogate girl is an unknown quantity at this point

After 9/11 Lots of people disappeared it was said lots do this after a big change to their lives, or even living throughout a big disaster and feeling unsafe, or debt, and family reasons could this be the case?

My Best friend up to sunday has been working with the lads from the Woodend fire brigade . <snip>

Like they have said lots will never come home How Sad..

I have worked for the civil defence and I have to say I would have sooner been in NZ then the Uk after the Quake the size we have had.

Hope you find the missing people

Last edited by BEVS; Mar 8th 2011 at 9:35 am. Reason: sometimes less is more but thanks for sharing
Old Mar 7th 2011, 5:11 am
`

It is such a difficult task. I thought the number within the cathedral came from someone at the Cathedral area at that time who stated that there were that many people within or behind them. Hence the given number. Of course , I could have heard that incorrectly and be talking utter rubbish.

It's such a difficult task. People listed as missing may be safe and we pray & hope that they are. Someone I know was unaccounted for and listed. TBH I thought the worst because of the silence from that person but just yesterday I heard ,via someone I do not know ,that they are OK although I do not know how well they are.

Having seen and met those who have fled Christchurch ,it is palpable just how traumatised they are by this 5 month long 'event'

I'm thankful that there were no dead within the Cathedral. I really am . That doesn't mean that there are not 20 more lives snuffed out or injured somewhere else as rubble is cleared.

My hope is that people are just displaced but safe and when they are able or realise they are listed, they will be found.

That is all my hope.
Old Mar 8th 2011, 9:39 am
`

Default Re: Missing friends.

OK. I've moved these posts into a thread of their own and am closing this thread .

Please don't PM with WP about this. I'm sure she will contact those she wishes to message with.

I'll let WP know that this is now a closed topic .
Old Mar 11th 2011, 4:23 am

Thoughts are with you and your family, kiwigirl.

One of the two people we have been trying to find out about has been identified as being one of the bodies removed from the CTV building. We are still waiting for news of the other one person.
Old Mar 12th 2011, 12:38 am
`

As Woodpigeon has now shared her sad news with us all , I am reopening her thread about her friends.

WP I am very sorry for your loss .It's all so very sad. I sincerely hope you receive better news of your friend. I really do.

Last edited by BEVS; Mar 12th 2011 at 12:42 am.
Old Mar 12th 2011, 6:50 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Thoughts are with you and your family, kiwigirl.

One of the two people we have been trying to find out about has been identified as being one of the bodies removed from the CTV building. We are still waiting for news of the other one person.
Deepest sympathy Woodpigeon

Hopefully you will hear something soon about your other friend.......
Old Mar 12th 2011, 8:39 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

My sincere condolences Woodpigeon at this sad time for you.
Old Mar 13th 2011, 2:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

j19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond repute

So sorry to hear your news WP x
Old Mar 13th 2011, 4:21 pm
MnB

MnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond repute

WP thinking of you & sending big hugs & sincere condolences to all lol
B x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.