Job searches????

Old Jun 27th 2010, 7:23 pm
Just Joined

HunnyB is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Job searches????

Hey all....
calmed down a bit from the other day.. being rejected first time round for partnership visa.. very disheartening..
anyhow on the prowl for a job so i can get a visa under my own right.

Ive noticed lots of you have job offers from NZ and was wondering how you's went about getting them.
Im looking to move to the Far North, not many jobs advertised, and most of them say that the applicant must already have a work visa in place (r b kiwi)

so i dont know how to look for jobs to get a visa, if the jobs already require you to have a visa...

does anyone know of the best websites or places to look for jobs, or even specifically the far north???

any advise would be appreciated
Old Jun 27th 2010, 7:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

newkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Job searches????

Originally Posted by HunnyB
Hey all....
calmed down a bit from the other day.. being rejected first time round for partnership visa.. very disheartening..
anyhow on the prowl for a job so i can get a visa under my own right.

Ive noticed lots of you have job offers from NZ and was wondering how you's went about getting them.
Im looking to move to the Far North, not many jobs advertised, and most of them say that the applicant must already have a work visa in place (r b kiwi)

so i dont know how to look for jobs to get a visa, if the jobs already require you to have a visa...

does anyone know of the best websites or places to look for jobs, or even specifically the far north???

any advise would be appreciated
The far north is always going to be more difficult than say auckland. It also depends on your skills.
as far as websites go seek.co.nz and trademe.co.nz are the best options.
it is a chicken and egg situation a lot of the time, you need a visa for a job offer and a job offer for a visa.
if you are able to find an accredited employer you could qualify for a work to residence visa.

have you considered a student visa? it is expensive but at least it will get you in the country and living here so you can qualify for a partnership visa down the track
Old Jun 27th 2010, 8:15 pm
Just Joined

HunnyB is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Job searches????

yea it is so frustrating. :curse: same with partnership visa (even temp entry), need to live together to get visa, need visa to live together..??

have tried both them websites, listed about 2 jobs where i would need one.

how do i go about finding an accreditted employer..??
I am a new graduate this summer with law and economics degree, and have numerous other qualifications and work experience in community development.

I considered student visa, but i have a 5 year old daughter who would need to attend school, and without work visa she cannot get domestic student status meaning she would be international student as well.
There are no schools that take on international students within 70 miles of the area we are looking to move to...

Walls every which way i turn......