All whites fever

Old Jun 25th 2010, 4:24 am
Forum Regular

rason has much to be proud ofrason has much to be proud ofrason has much to be proud ofrason has much to be proud ofrason has much to be proud ofrason has much to be proud ofrason has much to be proud ofrason has much to be proud ofrason has much to be proud ofrason has much to be proud ofrason has much to be proud of
Default All whites fever

I actually got out of bed to watch the game and havent been to sleep since. I def got caught up in the All Whites, enjoyed it more than the England games
Old Jun 25th 2010, 4:34 am
BE Enthusiast

nukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: All whites fever

Originally Posted by rason
I actually got out of bed to watch the game and havent been to sleep since. I def got caught up in the All Whites, enjoyed it more than the England games
We watched the All Whites too and they should be very proud of their performance.

Didn't watch the last England match as we didn't think they'd get anywhere but they won....perhaps we'll watch the England match on Sunday....after all we are British
Old Jun 25th 2010, 9:17 am
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

People say the all whites have done well even though they didnt get out of the group stage
yet england are being slated for qualifying for the last 16
As JImmy Greeves used to say "Its a funny ol game"
Germany are a more traditional opponent for England, their styles of play are similar
and i think we stand a very good chance of making the 1/4 finals.
Germany are playing very well and England are improving.
They need a shot of self belief and if they can get a good start against the hun
then i see no reason why they cant win and win convincingly.

I'll still have my fingers crossed that they dont bugger it up though
Old Jun 25th 2010, 11:21 am
Account Closed

Yotty is an unknown quantity at this point

Colandros.. remember when we beat them 5-1.. 2001 in Muinich. Owen got a hatrick! Fantastic memories!
Old Jun 25th 2010, 12:17 pm
Near the outer fringe

JohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond repute

The game I saw NZ play in they were pretty good especially the goalie. It is funny but they really did win all three draws.

England played much better in the third game than the first two and deserved the win. They definitely lost the first two draws though.
Old Jun 25th 2010, 1:03 pm
Northern Monkey

adamlt1972 is a name known to alladamlt1972 is a name known to alladamlt1972 is a name known to alladamlt1972 is a name known to alladamlt1972 is a name known to alladamlt1972 is a name known to alladamlt1972 is a name known to alladamlt1972 is a name known to alladamlt1972 is a name known to alladamlt1972 is a name known to alladamlt1972 is a name known to all

Ah, dont you just love the World Cup, 32 nations as one in one country fighting for a single coveted prize. And millions who would never normally watch a game commenting as if they're experts.
Makes me so glad I can avoid English pubs and watch matches in my freezing ChCh living room .
Old Jun 26th 2010, 5:47 am
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by adamlt1972
commenting as if they're experts.
Speaking if which who the hell is this Devlin idiot who hosts the highlights show.
The guy is an absolute numpty. He knows nothing about the game, its tactics,
its history, the competing teams, the players, the managers in fact he appears
to know nothing apart from what he can read on his autocue
Old Jun 26th 2010, 7:48 am
Forum Regular

rason has much to be proud ofrason has much to be proud ofrason has much to be proud ofrason has much to be proud ofrason has much to be proud ofrason has much to be proud ofrason has much to be proud ofrason has much to be proud ofrason has much to be proud ofrason has much to be proud ofrason has much to be proud of

its not soccer!!!!!!

I said I miss the BBC for that reason alone
Old Jun 26th 2010, 10:24 am
BE Enthusiast

zaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by colandros
urban myth - he never actually said that quote. he gets quite miffed when its referred to........
Old Jun 26th 2010, 11:38 am
BE Forum Addict

irnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond repute

Speaking if which who the hell is this Devlin idiot who hosts the highlights show.
The guy is an absolute numpty. He knows nothing about the game, its tactics,
its history, the competing teams, the players, the managers in fact he appears
to know nothing apart from what he can read on his autocue
Breath of fresh air compared to Lineker, Shearer, Hansen, Lawrenson and co on Match of the Day if you ask me...no smugness or cynacism makes a nice change
Old Jun 26th 2010, 8:19 pm
Forum Regular

karron is just really nicekarron is just really nicekarron is just really nicekarron is just really nicekarron is just really nicekarron is just really nicekarron is just really nicekarron is just really nicekarron is just really nicekarron is just really nicekarron is just really nice

People say the all whites have done well even though they didnt get out of the group stage
yet england are being slated for qualifying for the last 16
Germany are a more traditional opponent for England, their styles of play are similar
and i think we stand a very good chance of making the 1/4 finals.
Germany are playing very well and England are improving.
They need a shot of self belief and if they can get a good start against the hun
then i see no reason why they cant win and win convincingly.

I'll still have my fingers crossed that they dont bugger it up though
nz went to the world cup as the minnows/whipping boys and ended up unbeaten in 3 games and even finishing above italy so quite rightly they are being given a fair bit of credit. england go into the tournament as one of the favourites and struggle to get past the smallest nation to qualify for the next stage and probably rightly get slated yet you have a gripe at nz getting praise,any wonder so many get pleasure in england failing.
Old Jun 27th 2010, 1:30 am
BE Forum Addict

I'm guessing from your user name that you are a woman? in which case
all you views about football are irrelevant
Old Jun 27th 2010, 5:38 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by rason
I actually got out of bed to watch the game and havent been to sleep since.
It's the 27th !
Old Jun 27th 2010, 9:18 am
BE Forum Addict

mickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by karron
nz went to the world cup as the minnows/whipping boys
Only because of their world ranking & that's due to them hardly ever playing anyone good enough to raise it.
When you look at the All Whites starting 11 it is actually quite an experienced side & most play or have played in Europe, not always at the highest level but still good experience. A few, like Nelson, Killen, Fallon & Wood Have done pretty well for themselves, Fallon even played for England at youth levels!!
For the future, anyone's guess, but most of the squad are now late 20's, early 30's, so it may go backwards for a while
Be nice to see more investment/interest in footy from the powers that be (I read somewhere football now has taken over from rugby re. participation numbers), but it's probably just another bandwagon jumped onto briefly & to be forgotten just as quickly.

Last edited by mickey_d; Jun 27th 2010 at 9:24 am.
Old Jun 27th 2010, 9:32 am
BE Enthusiast

chocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by irnbru14
Breath of fresh air compared to Lineker, Shearer, Hansen, Lawrenson and co on Match of the Day if you ask me...no smugness or cynacism makes a nice change
I'd agree, I don't mind him, but the highlights program could be better presented with a bit more debate, having a co presenter or 'expert'.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.