job hunting

Old Jun 21st 2013, 7:35 pm
Just Joined

tina68 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile job hunting

Hi everyone

We really want to move over there from th uk.
Are retirement village managers on the wanted skill list.
I have 22 years experience in this type of work.
Anyone know who could sponsor me with a job please x
Old Jun 21st 2013, 9:25 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: job hunting

no one sponsors you on a jog you either get a job offer from an accredited company or the company has to prove that no one already here can do the job. Unfortunately I believe your type of work you would need an accredited company.
As for being on the skills list you would have to check the Immigration website
Old Jun 21st 2013, 10:00 pm
Just Joined

Thank you.
So if I get an offer for a job I then apply for a working visa?
Old Jun 21st 2013, 10:30 pm

MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

yes if you get a job offer you can apply for the relevant visa. You may have to inform any employer that it is offer first then visa.
You may have other visa options open to you.
Have you checked on the Immigration Website?
Old Jun 21st 2013, 10:49 pm
Just Joined

Hi
Yes I have but its confusing.
I will have to study it more.
Thanks
Tina.
Old Jun 21st 2013, 10:51 pm

I'm sure someone else will be along soon with more advice.
May help if you can give your ages, qualifications etc
Old Jun 22nd 2013, 1:50 am
Forum Regular

Engel is just really niceEngel is just really niceEngel is just really niceEngel is just really niceEngel is just really niceEngel is just really niceEngel is just really niceEngel is just really nice

I know it sounds like a "Catch 22", but where there is a will...
I could not find work in ICT/Project Management (my main occupation for over 10 years) because I had been teaching for the last 5 and was a out of the loop.
However, I was able to get a job and thus a visa to teach. My hope is to do this for a couple of years until I get residency, then I can look for different work.
The rules for a company to hire a non-national can appear a pain. They must demonstrate that the have searched NZ and have not been able to find a suitable candidate. When I sent of my forms for a visa, it included: adverts by the school and recruitment agency, data on skills shortages in my field and letters from the school with reasons why none of the NZ candidate were suitable for the post.
I am not sure if these were exaggurated, but they made me feel good about myself.

Good luck.
Old Jun 22nd 2013, 6:23 am
Just Joined

Thanks very much Engle I will search all the jobsites.
Old Jun 22nd 2013, 6:31 am
Just Joined

I am 45 and have 22 years experience in supported housing management. I have level 3 diploma an housing practice.
Dementia, mental health and learning disabilites. Rencently I have been a visiting officer. This is where I arrange care packages, maximise benefit entitlement , housing benefit and everthing a person may need to have a better and more independent life in their own homes.