Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Job Description EA or PA will INZ mind?

Job Description EA or PA will INZ mind?

Old Sep 10th 2013, 8:13 am
Account Closed

MrsGreen2013 is a name known to allMrsGreen2013 is a name known to allMrsGreen2013 is a name known to allMrsGreen2013 is a name known to allMrsGreen2013 is a name known to allMrsGreen2013 is a name known to allMrsGreen2013 is a name known to allMrsGreen2013 is a name known to allMrsGreen2013 is a name known to allMrsGreen2013 is a name known to allMrsGreen2013 is a name known to all
Default Job Description EA or PA will INZ mind?

Just a quick Q - INZ have PA (Personal Assistant) on their list for skilled migrants
if I were to be offered a job as an EA (Executive Assistant) which essentially is the same perhaps in fact more experienced and higher salaried, will that trip me up on the application forms? should I ask my employer to just call me a PA for the sake of INZ and any potential headaches ??
Old Sep 10th 2013, 8:49 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Job Description EA or PA will INZ mind?

husband had to go back 3 times to his employer to get a job description that CO was happy with. just make sure it fits what the description on the website says
Old Sep 10th 2013, 10:15 am
BE Enthusiast

ellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond repute

If your job title doesn't match the jobs listed for immigration purposes yes they may trip you up. If you have or get offered a EA role, try and see if they will put PA - as you say not much difference job wise but probably a whole lot different in the eyes of immigration - at the very least might save some time and paperwork.
Old Sep 10th 2013, 12:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

cappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond repute

It seems strange that PA is on the list as I have only ever known EAs here - seems like the title PA isn't used very much, if at all.
Old Sep 10th 2013, 12:06 pm
Account Closed

MrsGreen2013 is a name known to allMrsGreen2013 is a name known to allMrsGreen2013 is a name known to allMrsGreen2013 is a name known to allMrsGreen2013 is a name known to allMrsGreen2013 is a name known to allMrsGreen2013 is a name known to allMrsGreen2013 is a name known to allMrsGreen2013 is a name known to allMrsGreen2013 is a name known to allMrsGreen2013 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by cappuccino
It seems strange that PA is on the list as I have only ever met EAs here - seems like the title PA isn't used very much, if at all.
Yes I thought that too and in general it seems EA seems to be more highly regarded so you would have thought if any thing hat it would be EA

However I think EA is a relatively new term - people don't really us it that much in the UK, but my potential boss seemed relaxed and nice enough that I wont feel awkward just to ask him to change it on the paperwork.
Old Sep 10th 2013, 1:39 pm
Just Joined

ellec is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi MrsGreen2013

I wonder if you would mind sharing which sites you have been looking at for job vacancies/prospects? I have also worked as PA/EA although I'm currently in a Senior Business Development Officer role and would prefer to continue within this line of work, however loved working as PA and would do so again. I'm still in UK and want to start looking at vacancies in NZ. Are you currently in NZ? Hope you dont mind me asking...

Cheers