New to the Forum

Old Aug 30th 2013, 4:59 pm
Just Joined

gandhi1888 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello everybody,

I was googling 'moving to NZ' and this forum came up in the results so thought I would take a look.

Anyway long story short, I'm 23 year old male from Scotland moving to Christchurch on 16th September and am just about to start getting ready for the move.

I don't want anybody to reinvent the wheel for me, as I am sure there are countless similar threads to this one that would be useful. I will have a look over the pages over the next couple of days to track these down, but to save time, if anyone is aware of similar threads or other areas of the forum that would be useful... could you point me in the right direction of the best threads to look at and possibly link me up?

Cheers ,
Jamie

And the purpose of the thread was that I will be looking for advice on moving across... what to expect etc, first time moving and its as far away as I can be so want to be prepared

Last edited by BEVS; Sep 4th 2013 at 11:33 pm. Reason: merge
Old Aug 30th 2013, 10:50 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New to the Forum

Hi and welcome to BE!!

I can't help with any tips about NZ I'm afraid as I am in the US and don't know much about NZ, but I just wanted to stop by and say hi!!

Best of luck with the move. How are you feeling, nervous?
Old Aug 31st 2013, 2:33 am

Catchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gandhi1888
Hello everybody,

I was googling 'moving to NZ' and this forum came up in the results so thought I would take a look.

Anyway long story short, I'm 23 year old male from Scotland moving to Christchurch on 16th September and am just about to start getting ready for the move.

I don't want anybody to reinvent the wheel for me, as I am sure there are countless similar threads to this one that would be useful. I will have a look over the pages over the next couple of days to track these down, but to save time, if anyone is aware of similar threads or other areas of the forum that would be useful... could you point me in the right direction of the best threads to look at and possibly link me up?

Cheers ,
Jamie
Hi Jamie

You will have to use the search function to look for threads with particular themes.

Good luck with the move, what visa are you coming over?

Can't give you any particular advice at the moment, except pack a open mind and make sure you email your mum at least once a week.

If you want specific advice ask away!
Old Aug 31st 2013, 6:05 am
BE Forum Addict

chippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Jamie - this thread might be of use.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...tchurch+thread
Old Aug 31st 2013, 6:17 am

Snap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond repute

Or this:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=804971

and this:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=800143

Last edited by Snap Shot; Aug 31st 2013 at 6:37 am.
Old Aug 31st 2013, 10:10 pm

Snap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond repute

Here's one I found earlier:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...light=paddy234

There's a link within this link. Aren't I clever

(Thanks for the Karma, Sue)

Last edited by Snap Shot; Aug 31st 2013 at 10:17 pm.
Old Sep 10th 2013, 3:10 pm
Just Joined

gandhi1888 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Sue
Hi and welcome to BE!!

I can't help with any tips about NZ I'm afraid as I am in the US and don't know much about NZ, but I just wanted to stop by and say hi!!

Best of luck with the move. How are you feeling, nervous?
Thanks ! Haven't been on this until today so thank you everyone for the replies. I'm not nervous at all, can't wait to get across and started. I did wake up with the fear today however, I have so much stuff to get organised before I come across, so have got the wheels in motion for all of that.

Originally Posted by Catchafire
Hi Jamie

You will have to use the search function to look for threads with particular themes.

Good luck with the move, what visa are you coming over?

Can't give you any particular advice at the moment, except pack a open mind and make sure you email your mum at least once a week.

If you want specific advice ask away!
Thank you, I'm coming across on a Work to Residence Visa, specifically the accredited employers option. Yeah, I'll be keeping in touch with family and friends most likely through skype, facebook, whatsapp etc..

Originally Posted by chippy64
Hi Jamie - this thread might be of use.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...tchurch+thread
Thank you for the link

And thank you for these links too, I have had a look through them all and they have been quite useful.