Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Jacinda Adern Resigns

Jacinda Adern Resigns

Old Jan 19th 2023, 12:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Jacinda Adern Resigns

I was just listening to Talk Radio (UK) and heard that Jacinda Adern has resigned, I remember when she was voted into office the media coverage of this promising young lady (I think she also may of been pregnant at the time) seemed to be huge news here in the UK and I thought she sounded like she would “do” a lot of good at the time so what went wrong?
Old Jan 19th 2023, 1:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

shelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Jacinda Adern Resigns

Originally Posted by brits1
I was just listening to Talk Radio (UK) and heard that Jacinda Adern has resigned, I remember when she was voted into office the media coverage of this promising young lady (I think she also may of been pregnant at the time) seemed to be huge news here in the UK and I thought she sounded like she would “do” a lot of good at the time so what went wrong?
She is a WEF globalist and had the strictest rules during lockdown. Hardly surprising!!
Old Jan 19th 2023, 7:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brits1
I thought she sounded like she would “do” a lot of good at the time so what went wrong?
Failed dramatically on every single election promise.

International viewers see her on a podium making bold speeches promising everything and think she's great. They don't see or live with the reality of her hollow words and failed policy's.
Building 10k new homes a year (fail),tackling child poverty (fail), improving social housing (fail), improving hospitals (6 years on and not one single brick has been laid at the new Dunedin hospital she said would be fast tracked in 2017), govt forcing through policy's under emergency so they go through pretty much unopposed, racist policy's, putting an end to NZ farming industry through extra restrictions and levies meaning farmers have little option but to off load their once productive farmland to forestry companies who are laying waste to NZ countryside on an unimaginable scale. Forget coming here for a holiday in 10 years time. In the south island all you will see a wall of pine trees along every road, not very scenic or productive.
Last night my local pub was full of people celebrating her going.
Old Jan 19th 2023, 8:33 pm
Forum Regular

Bermondsey George is an unknown quantity at this point

Blatant liar, good riddance.
Old Jan 19th 2023, 11:35 pm
Forum Regular

LegalEagleTX has a reputation beyond reputeLegalEagleTX has a reputation beyond reputeLegalEagleTX has a reputation beyond reputeLegalEagleTX has a reputation beyond reputeLegalEagleTX has a reputation beyond reputeLegalEagleTX has a reputation beyond reputeLegalEagleTX has a reputation beyond reputeLegalEagleTX has a reputation beyond reputeLegalEagleTX has a reputation beyond reputeLegalEagleTX has a reputation beyond reputeLegalEagleTX has a reputation beyond repute

Worst PM in the history of NZ, by a long way.
Old Jan 20th 2023, 12:01 am
Forum Regular

synthie is an unknown quantity at this point

She only saved a few 10k lives, that's not good enough. The South Island is very much conservative country so whatever she did or would have done would not have been enough. Did Labour everything right? Hell, no. Compared where we'd be with the toxic people currently in opposition it's heaven. Not much different to the UK, only there the toxic guys are in government. Take your pick
Old Jan 20th 2023, 12:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Tom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond repute

South Island a conservative country?

That's odd considering the only Party Vote area Labour didn't win in the recent general election was Epsom, which I believe is in the North Island. 71 out of 72 consituencies voted Labour as the party vote including every single South Island one

Old Jan 20th 2023, 3:21 am
BE Enthusiast

Chocolate eclair has a reputation beyond reputeChocolate eclair has a reputation beyond reputeChocolate eclair has a reputation beyond reputeChocolate eclair has a reputation beyond reputeChocolate eclair has a reputation beyond reputeChocolate eclair has a reputation beyond reputeChocolate eclair has a reputation beyond reputeChocolate eclair has a reputation beyond reputeChocolate eclair has a reputation beyond reputeChocolate eclair has a reputation beyond reputeChocolate eclair has a reputation beyond repute

I won't be shedding any tears over her going. Lots of broken promises on issues already mentioned, also on the use of surgical mesh and midwives pay.
Not to mention the excess of lockdowns in Auckland, the traumatic MIQ system both booking and locations used, just to mention a couple of things.
The "be kind" hypocrisy to mention another.
Old Jan 20th 2023, 3:38 am
BE Irregular

RICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond repute

Indeed, to the outside world (me in Florida) she seemed to be a "breath of fresh air". Interesting to hear she is not as popular as it seemed.
Old Jan 20th 2023, 4:21 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by RICH
Indeed, to the outside world (me in Florida) she seemed to be a "breath of fresh air". Interesting to hear she is not as popular as it seemed.
Don't read too much into here. As far as I am concerned she , as an individual and leader of the NZ Labour Party did fine , as did her team.

These things go in cycles and she is correct with her timing. Or perhaps she just had enough of the unwarranted threats and incredibly OTT hateful bile piled upon her head.

It is election year this year RICH. Oct 2023. Let's see what direction NZ wants now.

The electorate should be careful what it wishes for.
Old Jan 20th 2023, 4:56 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

she seemed to be a "breath of fresh air".
Yes. A complete breath of fresh air . A change . A different approach. A young energetic manner. Just as per the Finnish PM.

Far too many middle-aged/old aged men calling the shots around this world . Even if it is a female , they seem to need to appear almost butch & agressive in their manner to be taken seriously, or that they are genuine in their beliefs. Why ! It's so Handmaids tale in a way.

Anyway. NZ will reset itself probably to where it feels comfortable . It beats its chest that it is a vanguard for womens rights and equality - as long as they know their place and are not too ....erms....female. < said with a deep voice >

Old Jan 20th 2023, 8:37 am
BE Enthusiast

Chocolate eclair has a reputation beyond reputeChocolate eclair has a reputation beyond reputeChocolate eclair has a reputation beyond reputeChocolate eclair has a reputation beyond reputeChocolate eclair has a reputation beyond reputeChocolate eclair has a reputation beyond reputeChocolate eclair has a reputation beyond reputeChocolate eclair has a reputation beyond reputeChocolate eclair has a reputation beyond reputeChocolate eclair has a reputation beyond reputeChocolate eclair has a reputation beyond repute

A lot of people that I spoke to in the UK thought that she was marvellous and then i explained to them the issues I had in getting home and how long it took me to try and get a place in MIQ. The reality of lockdowns in NZ, specifically Auckland, how I'd offered my skills to help with testing and vaccinating but had been rebuffed (and I wasnt alone in this, people far more qualified me were also rebuffed), the poor vaccination sites set up/organisation. No increase in the number of ICU beds during the pandemic, slow to bring in lateral flow tests.
She started off well in the first lockdown but didn't use that to her advantage to prepare for the future. Her delight at restricting people from front line healthcare work etc if they weren't vaccinated and from public life in general left a very nasty, taste in my mouth.
Frankly, I have little time for career politicians, regardless of party or gender.
Old Jan 20th 2023, 8:46 am
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Justcol
Failed dramatically on every single election promise.

International viewers see her on a podium making bold speeches promising everything and think she's great. They don't see or live with the reality of her hollow words and failed policy's.
Building 10k new homes a year (fail),tackling child poverty (fail), improving social housing (fail), improving hospitals (6 years on and not one single brick has been laid at the new Dunedin hospital she said would be fast tracked in 2017), govt forcing through policy's under emergency so they go through pretty much unopposed, racist policy's, putting an end to NZ farming industry through extra restrictions and levies meaning farmers have little option but to off load their once productive farmland to forestry companies who are laying waste to NZ countryside on an unimaginable scale. Forget coming here for a holiday in 10 years time. In the south island all you will see a wall of pine trees along every road, not very scenic or productive.
Last night my local pub was full of people celebrating her going.
I can admit now that I never saw/heard anything about her that would of made me want to vote about her if I had lived in NZ some here in the media are shocked that she resigned before the next election, I think she knew how poorly she would “do” and used the “work life balance”, others in the media are saying “thank heavens she finally has gone”
so mixed reviews here really.
Old Jan 20th 2023, 9:51 am
Forum Regular

LegalEagleTX has a reputation beyond reputeLegalEagleTX has a reputation beyond reputeLegalEagleTX has a reputation beyond reputeLegalEagleTX has a reputation beyond reputeLegalEagleTX has a reputation beyond reputeLegalEagleTX has a reputation beyond reputeLegalEagleTX has a reputation beyond reputeLegalEagleTX has a reputation beyond reputeLegalEagleTX has a reputation beyond reputeLegalEagleTX has a reputation beyond reputeLegalEagleTX has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by synthie
The South Island is very much conservative country so whatever she did or would have done would not have been enough
Bollocks, in the last election Labour took EVERY South Island electorate in the party vote.
Old Jan 20th 2023, 10:22 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Vote For BEVS

Does the job come with a house? It might be quieter.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.