IRRV!!!

Old Apr 2nd 2009, 12:42 am
---

bourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond repute
Default IRRV!!!

Phew!

We lived in NZ for two years to the day! I'm here in Oz for the foreseeable future but as my husband and kids are NZ citizens I am totally thrilled to have my passport returned to me today with a blue sticker firmly stuck in telling me I may return to NZ to live whenever I wish

So relieved that that door is open for me! Honestly, we're so fickle dh and I that I just *know* that that sticker has saved me a whole heap of form filling somewhere in the distant future .....
Old Apr 2nd 2009, 3:26 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: IRRV!!!

Originally Posted by bourbon-biscuit
Phew!

We lived in NZ for two years to the day! I'm here in Oz for the foreseeable future but as my husband and kids are NZ citizens I am totally thrilled to have my passport returned to me today with a blue sticker firmly stuck in telling me I may return to NZ to live whenever I wish

So relieved that that door is open for me! Honestly, we're so fickle dh and I that I just *know* that that sticker has saved me a whole heap of form filling somewhere in the distant future .....
Congratulations!! I'm in exactly the same boat and have to send mine off the week after next! Can't wait!
Old Apr 2nd 2009, 4:14 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Phew!

Congratulations. There is no guarantee that even an Australian passport will always offer permanent residence rights in NZ.

NZ citizenship is the safest way to preserve re-entry rights, but if that's not available than an IRRV is the next best option.
Old Apr 2nd 2009, 10:51 am
---

bourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JAJ
Congratulations. There is no guarantee that even an Australian passport will always offer permanent residence rights in NZ.

NZ citizenship is the safest way to preserve re-entry rights, but if that's not available than an IRRV is the next best option.
Yep, and thanks again for your (gentle) persistance that resulted in my two kids getting NZ citizenship- if you hadn't persisted (even when I told you you were wrong TWICE ) we would have left NZ without it and who knows what the future may hold for them ......
Old Apr 2nd 2009, 7:55 pm
Forum Regular

CCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud ofCCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud ofCCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud ofCCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud ofCCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud ofCCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud ofCCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud ofCCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud ofCCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud ofCCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud ofCCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud of

Congratulations bourbon. I haven't looked that far along yet but does anyone know if IRRV is a necessity? I mean, do you need this just to get back into NZ after a holiday abroad or is it just for people who may be looking to live in another country for a while and then return to NZ?
Old Apr 2nd 2009, 9:11 pm
Forum Regular

Soppydot4 has much to be proud ofSoppydot4 has much to be proud ofSoppydot4 has much to be proud ofSoppydot4 has much to be proud ofSoppydot4 has much to be proud ofSoppydot4 has much to be proud ofSoppydot4 has much to be proud ofSoppydot4 has much to be proud ofSoppydot4 has much to be proud ofSoppydot4 has much to be proud ofSoppydot4 has much to be proud of

I think, although I could be wrong and I'm sure someone will set the record straight if I am, that you need a RRV for whatever reason you leave the country even on holiday. You need it to be able to re-enter NZ. I presently have a 2 year RRV but will be applying for an IRRV (which I'm assuming is an Indefinite Returning Residents Visa) and then hopefully the next step will be citizenship.
Old Apr 2nd 2009, 11:46 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Yep, and thanks again for your (gentle) persistance that resulted in my two kids getting NZ citizenship- if you hadn't persisted (even when I told you you were wrong TWICE ) we would have left NZ without it and who knows what the future may hold for them ......
Not only that, but based on the fact that your children are naturalised New Zealanders, they will be able to pass on NZ citizenship to their own children.

So your grandchildren should be New Zealand citizens too.

(check their citizenship certificates - they should just mention New Zealand citizenship and nothing specifically about the "by descent" provision).
Old Apr 3rd 2009, 12:45 am
BE Enthusiast

Joshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Soppydot4
I think, although I could be wrong and I'm sure someone will set the record straight if I am, that you need a RRV for whatever reason you leave the country even on holiday. You need it to be able to re-enter NZ. I presently have a 2 year RRV but will be applying for an IRRV (which I'm assuming is an Indefinite Returning Residents Visa) and then hopefully the next step will be citizenship.
You are correct - if you leave for any reason you need a returning residents visa to get back in. we just got our IRRV - a simple form and $140 easy peasy.
Old Apr 3rd 2009, 3:44 am
---

Originally Posted by JAJ
Not only that, but based on the fact that your children are naturalised New Zealanders, they will be able to pass on NZ citizenship to their own children.

So your grandchildren should be New Zealand citizens too.

(check their citizenship certificates - they should just mention New Zealand citizenship and nothing specifically about the "by descent" provision).
The 'by descent' that is on my husband's certificate is absent from theirs

Grandchildren?????
Old Jun 14th 2009, 9:37 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

The 'by descent' that is on my husband's certificate is absent from theirs

Grandchildren?????
I can't find the right place for information and forms to get my 4 kids from citizens by descent to naturalised New Zealanders - any ideas please anyone?
Old Jun 14th 2009, 2:31 pm
JAJ
Retired

Originally Posted by Am Loolah
I can't find the right place for information and forms to get my 4 kids from citizens by descent to naturalised New Zealanders - any ideas please anyone?
http://www.citizenship.govt.nz/ , I would have thought.