Irony. BIG irony.

Old Mar 3rd 2013, 9:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Irony. BIG irony.

2 finance house bosses have won a 6 figure settlement from the NZ shareholders assn. over alleged 'defamation' over spats about the failed company and the bosses' responsibility etc. towards the 16,000 who lost $554 million.

How ironic is that? They have always remained very, very rich and now get even more!! If anyone had defamed me after losing the amount above I think I would have taken it on the nose. Wonder how the public will react to this? The 2 in question may even become more hated than they are now.
Old Mar 3rd 2013, 9:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

scottishstacey has a reputation beyond reputescottishstacey has a reputation beyond reputescottishstacey has a reputation beyond reputescottishstacey has a reputation beyond reputescottishstacey has a reputation beyond reputescottishstacey has a reputation beyond reputescottishstacey has a reputation beyond reputescottishstacey has a reputation beyond reputescottishstacey has a reputation beyond reputescottishstacey has a reputation beyond reputescottishstacey has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Irony. BIG irony.

I doubt they'll care what people think of them
Old Mar 3rd 2013, 10:12 pm
Forum Regular

northeastlad has a reputation beyond reputenortheastlad has a reputation beyond reputenortheastlad has a reputation beyond reputenortheastlad has a reputation beyond reputenortheastlad has a reputation beyond reputenortheastlad has a reputation beyond reputenortheastlad has a reputation beyond reputenortheastlad has a reputation beyond reputenortheastlad has a reputation beyond reputenortheastlad has a reputation beyond reputenortheastlad has a reputation beyond repute

As above. Plus they have enough money to go anywhere they like so if public pressure in NZ eve got unbearable (unlikely) they'd just jump ship to Aus.
Old Mar 3rd 2013, 10:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by northeastlad
As above. Plus they have enough money to go anywhere they like so if public pressure in NZ eve got unbearable (unlikely) they'd just jump ship to Aus.
One is based in the UK, the other Hotchin already has jumped ship to Oz apparently due to serious threats made to him/his family. BTW Hotchin took a well earned rest in Hawaii arvo the collapse renting a villa for $45k NZ a week. That was nice eh? No rubbing salt into the wounds there. Wonder who his PR guru is?
Old Mar 3rd 2013, 10:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by scottishstacey
I doubt they'll care what people think of them
Of course they don't. They could not give a shit. Its just so ironic it is actually funny.
Old Mar 3rd 2013, 10:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

scottishstacey has a reputation beyond reputescottishstacey has a reputation beyond reputescottishstacey has a reputation beyond reputescottishstacey has a reputation beyond reputescottishstacey has a reputation beyond reputescottishstacey has a reputation beyond reputescottishstacey has a reputation beyond reputescottishstacey has a reputation beyond reputescottishstacey has a reputation beyond reputescottishstacey has a reputation beyond reputescottishstacey has a reputation beyond repute

People like that in most countries, hopefully karma will get them one day!
Old Mar 4th 2013, 9:39 am
Forum Regular

marblep has a reputation beyond reputemarblep has a reputation beyond reputemarblep has a reputation beyond reputemarblep has a reputation beyond reputemarblep has a reputation beyond reputemarblep has a reputation beyond reputemarblep has a reputation beyond reputemarblep has a reputation beyond reputemarblep has a reputation beyond reputemarblep has a reputation beyond reputemarblep has a reputation beyond repute

Genesis - I feel your pain and I also have some amount of empathy with you.

But this shit happens everywhere in every city in every country. I'm sorry you were so far invested. I wish I had have met you years ago and been able to say DON'T DO IT! But sadly, our paths weren't destined to pass.

So, as much as it hurts, now is the time to deal with it. I can scream and shout at the unethical pricks (trust me I do) - but ultimately, it's time to deal with it.

Let it go.
Old Mar 4th 2013, 10:30 am
Forum Regular

northeastlad has a reputation beyond reputenortheastlad has a reputation beyond reputenortheastlad has a reputation beyond reputenortheastlad has a reputation beyond reputenortheastlad has a reputation beyond reputenortheastlad has a reputation beyond reputenortheastlad has a reputation beyond reputenortheastlad has a reputation beyond reputenortheastlad has a reputation beyond reputenortheastlad has a reputation beyond reputenortheastlad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Genesis
One is based in the UK, the other Hotchin already has jumped ship to Oz apparently due to serious threats made to him/his family. BTW Hotchin took a well earned rest in Hawaii arvo the collapse renting a villa for $45k NZ a week. That was nice eh? No rubbing salt into the wounds there. Wonder who his PR guru is?
My heart bleeds for the guy... Looks like financial fiddling is the game to be in!
Old Mar 4th 2013, 7:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by marblep
Genesis - I feel your pain and I also have some amount of empathy with you.

But this shit happens everywhere in every city in every country. I'm sorry you were so far invested. I wish I had have met you years ago and been able to say DON'T DO IT! But sadly, our paths weren't destined to pass.

So, as much as it hurts, now is the time to deal with it. I can scream and shout at the unethical pricks (trust me I do) - but ultimately, it's time to deal with it.

Let it go.
Just sharing the irony, that is all. I do genuinely find this amusing.
Old Mar 4th 2013, 7:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

whitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to behold

Genesis, I understand what you're saying. For a small country it sure has more than its share of greed and corruption. Greed permeates this place, from the price of food, through rentals and house prices to downright conning. It seems the victims suffer whilst the crookds and con guys flourish.
Old Mar 4th 2013, 8:30 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by marblep
I wish I had have met you years ago and been able to say DON'T DO IT! But sadly, our paths weren't destined to pass.
That's interesting. Have you a nose for the unethical perhaps and so doubts about Hanover from the beginnings.
If so, got a feeling about any others. Like Perpetual for instance. Just asking like.
Old Mar 4th 2013, 11:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by whitesand
Genesis, I understand what you're saying. For a small country it sure has more than its share of greed and corruption. Greed permeates this place, from the price of food, through rentals and house prices to downright conning. It seems the victims suffer whilst the crookds and con guys flourish.
Blimey! That is a brave thing to say on this board!! I totally agree with you and want to vomit when I hear the 'informed' on the radio say 'how uncorrupt NZ is' And greed does indeed permeate throughout and maybe that is why some people are a tad hacked off with what prevails in NZ.

I have had prices for a reroof vary from $50k to over $100k

Labour vary from $14k to over $35k. One had ALL the parts needed (that is everything, roofing, wood, spouting, iron, etc, etc) PLUS $8k for 'other materials'

No one else had 'other materials'. One was off 'Builderscrack' and added in 5% on the job that Builderscrack was going to charge him for me replying to their advert!!