Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Insuring an unsold, UK House

Insuring an unsold, UK House

Old May 12th 2010, 9:09 am
Forum Regular

thedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of light
Default Insuring an unsold, UK House

Hello peeps.

Our house in the UK shows no sign of selling and our house insurance has come up for renewal... in order to maintain the insurance whilst the house is unoccupied etc, one of their requirements is that "we" inspect the house once every 7 days...

We're in New Zealand, we don't really have any family convenient to the house and we don't have a particularly good relationship with the neighbours we left behind.

I may be able to organise an inspection at least once every 30 days but anything more frequent is just not going to happen.

Is there anybody else in (or been in) a similar position and if so what are you doing or did you do about it?

?
Old May 12th 2010, 9:35 am
TeamEmbo

TeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Insuring an unsold, UK House

can your estate agent not check on the property once a week?
Old May 12th 2010, 9:40 am
Forum Regular

thedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Insuring an unsold, UK House

Originally Posted by TeamEmbo
can your estate agent not check on the property once a week?
ummmm - I don't know - didn't think of that. I guess I'll ask them :-)