Insulation again

Old Aug 18th 2007, 8:54 am
conquering the world!

karonious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond repute
Question Insulation again

Has anyone used Airfoam for their cavity wall insulation?
I saw an advert in our local free paper and had a look at their website:

http://www.airfoam.co.nz/

and read all their info. Seems like a good idea. I just wondered if anyone had dealt with them and had any comments?
Karen B
Old Aug 18th 2007, 9:01 am
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Insulation again

Originally Posted by karonious

and read all their info. Seems like a good idea. I just wondered if anyone had dealt with them and had any comments?
Karen B

Isn't it the same as cavity wall insulation??? Sorry still in a rental so can't help you, but I bet someone can (Where's Lardyl gone?)
Old Aug 18th 2007, 9:27 am
Forum Regular

mojos has a spectacular aura aboutmojos has a spectacular aura aboutmojos has a spectacular aura about

Karen B
Yep we have Airfoam insulation and Lee from the Hamilton franchise did the work. If this is who was advertising, I can recommend them over and over.

They were very quick and efficient. Cleared up everything afterwards. Can't fault their work at all. And the insulation works so we definitely didn't waste money. We paid $3993 for the work this time last year. We have a 50 year old 3 bed "shed" but it's u shaped so lots of external walls. We did manage to reduce the price too.

IMO the best money we spent on improvements. Word of warning though, you end up with a pink spotty house so you'll need to paint afterwards. We did it ourselves....

Rob Clubley has had this done too and I'm sure he was happy with the work.

Jo

Last edited by mojos; Aug 18th 2007 at 9:28 am. Reason: Added stuff
Old Aug 18th 2007, 9:28 am
BE Forum Addict

UKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kev&sarah
Isn't it the same as cavity wall insulation??? Sorry still in a rental so can't help you, but I bet someone can (Where's Lardyl gone?)
He's probably still picking bits of sandwiches and pizza up Kids parties eh! LOL

Sorry I can't help Karen - we haven't looked into anything like that yet

Michelle x
Old Aug 18th 2007, 9:32 am
conquering the world!

karonious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kev&sarah
I think Lardyl is on the pop tonight
Old Aug 18th 2007, 9:38 am
conquering the world!

Originally Posted by mojos
Yep we have Airfoam insulation and Lee from the Hamilton franchise did the work. If this is who was advertising, I can recommend them over and over.

Yes, it would be Lee from Hamilton that we would be looking at getting to do it. That's a really good recommendation, thanks for that. Did they take long to get round to it?
Old Aug 18th 2007, 10:19 am
Forum Regular

mojos has a spectacular aura aboutmojos has a spectacular aura aboutmojos has a spectacular aura about

Yes, it would be Lee from Hamilton that we would be looking at getting to do it. That's a really good recommendation, thanks for that. Did they take long to get round to it?
I can't remember exactly but I don't think so. We'd got their info from the internet and can remember that we did have to wait until they were actually in the area to get a quote but once that was sorted, it was completed within 3 weeks.

The work took 2 full days. Started early and finished late and didn't stop hardly at all. Think I only made 2 cups of coffee over the 2 days and that wasn't cos I didn't ask them. They did say that we had a model shed though and the work went by the book . We were both so impressed with the work.

And don't worry about the spots . They're covered with just 1 coat of paint. It was just cos our house was long overdue a fresh coat of paint that we went the whole hog.

Jo
Old Aug 18th 2007, 10:39 am
conquering the world!

Originally Posted by mojos
I can't remember exactly but I don't think so. We'd got their info from the internet and can remember that we did have to wait until they were actually in the area to get a quote but once that was sorted, it was completed within 3 weeks.

The work took 2 full days. Started early and finished late and didn't stop hardly at all. Think I only made 2 cups of coffee over the 2 days and that wasn't cos I didn't ask them. They did say that we had a model shed though and the work went by the book . We were both so impressed with the work.

And don't worry about the spots . They're covered with just 1 coat of paint. It was just cos our house was long overdue a fresh coat of paint that we went the whole hog.

Jo
Really useful answer - karma to you!
We shouldn't have to wait too long as we live in Hamilton. Our house is rectangular so shouldn't be too expensive hopefully. Ours is brick clad - wonder if they charge different rates for different exteriors? Never mind, I have emailed for a quote so should find out soon enough.
Thanks again Jo for your prompt reply
Old Aug 18th 2007, 10:54 am
Banned

Colin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really nice

Great thanks for the link another useful link which now goes on the must do list.
Old Aug 18th 2007, 11:19 am
conquering the world!

Originally Posted by Colin in the middle
Great thanks for the link another useful link which now goes on the must do list.
Might get rid of those penguins yet!!
Old Aug 19th 2007, 4:01 am
Banned

Colin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really nice

Might get rid of those penguins yet!!

Na just get a few homeless Polar Bears
Old Aug 20th 2007, 8:34 am
Happy in Wellington

RobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond repute

Yep, they did a great job with our house too - we had it painted afterwards because it really needed doing anyway.

It's definitely worth doing , makes a huge difference to the comfort level of the house (admittedly in our case combined with double glazing and underfloor insulation)

Old Aug 20th 2007, 8:47 am
conquering the world!

Originally Posted by RobClubley
Yep, they did a great job with our house too - we had it painted afterwards because it really needed doing anyway.

It's definitely worth doing , makes a huge difference to the comfort level of the house (admittedly in our case combined with double glazing and underfloor insulation.
Thanks for that Rob - still waiting for them to get back to me - hopefully they will come out soon and give us a quote.