Hibiscus coast

Old Aug 19th 2007, 8:24 pm
Forum Regular

jojobooster has a brilliant futurejojobooster has a brilliant futurejojobooster has a brilliant futurejojobooster has a brilliant futurejojobooster has a brilliant futurejojobooster has a brilliant futurejojobooster has a brilliant future
Smile Hibiscus coast

My OH is going to be working for the Dept of corrections in Albany ( as a psychologist) and we are considering where to live.
He stayed in Titirangi on his recce and loved it but figures north of Albany would mean less of a commute (10 mins rather than 40ish).

Any thoughts on the Hibiscus Coast, especially good schools for kids aged 9 and 8.

Thanks so much for all your answers to my earlier questions too. Much appreciated.
Old Aug 19th 2007, 10:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

teambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Hibiscus coast

Not sure if you want state or private schooling but if its private the Kristen School in the Albany area is superb with fantastic facilities....

We visited it in May and would love our daughter to go there but we need to live south and its just to far to travel through the traffic..

Kristen School
Old Aug 19th 2007, 10:12 pm
Forum Regular

jojobooster has a brilliant futurejojobooster has a brilliant futurejojobooster has a brilliant futurejojobooster has a brilliant futurejojobooster has a brilliant futurejojobooster has a brilliant futurejojobooster has a brilliant future

I usually work ina private school but I prefer the children to be at state school, plus finances will be tight.

Thanks for the suggestion though, the website looks very attractive

Jo
Old Aug 19th 2007, 10:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

teambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to behold

You will be looking at zonings for the right school in that case......

Its find an area you like then check out the school zoning that the house fits into.
Old Aug 20th 2007, 1:47 am
Forum Regular

minky is just really niceminky is just really niceminky is just really niceminky is just really niceminky is just really niceminky is just really niceminky is just really niceminky is just really niceminky is just really nice

There are quite a few to choose from Silverdale and Red Beach are close the motorway so a good link to Albany.Orewa North School Orewa School Red Beach School Stanmore Bay School Whangaparaoa School Silverdale School.
Old Aug 20th 2007, 3:50 am
Account Closed

AnnieNell is an unknown quantity at this point

As we don't have any kids I can't help you personally. My good friend has twin boys age 7 (8 in Oct) who go to Gulf Harbour school. I believe it's a good school & it's got some good facilities.

I've heard mixed reports about Whangaparaoa High school. Good luck with your search.

Annie x.
Old Aug 20th 2007, 8:55 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by minky
There are quite a few to choose from Silverdale and Red Beach are close the motorway so a good link to Albany.Orewa North School Orewa School Red Beach School Stanmore Bay School Whangaparaoa School Silverdale School.
of those Red Beach, Silverdale and the Orewas have probably the "best" reputations - our little un (year 1) is in Red Beach. There is also Kingsway, a christian school and the Catholic one both in Silverdale that have long waiting lists, Kingsway goes all the way through from Primary to the end of compulsary schooling - we may get our youngest on the list for Kingsway as it is very good on discipline, etc and has a good pre-school, oddly enough next to Red Beach Primary!
Silverdale is brand new, good reputation and nice building but nothing built around it as yet.
Red Beach is very good (we would say that but MrsL works for the Ministry of Education so she should know!).
Stanmore Bay not quite so good for kids with behaviour probs and has had some problems.
Not sure about the Orewa ones but several parents who do send their kids there are happy with them - the new one is pretty empty as it caters for new housing that is too expensive for young families and so its all cashed-up Pomms and retireees that live there! Annie will be more knowledgeable about the ones out on the peninsula, and there are some parents who frequent the forums out there AFIK.
There are other threads on this subject but PM me if you want more info. LL