Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Corrections on my way at last

Corrections on my way at last

Old Mar 19th 2006, 10:13 pm
Forum Regular

MV5555 has a brilliant futureMV5555 has a brilliant futureMV5555 has a brilliant futureMV5555 has a brilliant futureMV5555 has a brilliant futureMV5555 has a brilliant future
Default Corrections on my way at last

well after months of will i wont i......with some encouragement from my wife we will be flying out to hamiliton on may 22nd. Over the last few months i have heard the good the bad and the ugly things about nz and correction jobs and on more than one occasion thought nooooo stuff it stay here. in 10yrs time thougn i know i will be saying to myself what if now i will be saying well i gave that a go or its the best thing i did............now i know its going to be hard i know im proberbly going to be skint but jesus i look at our inner cities and the disease that spreading fro them and im willing to give up alot to see my kids grow up in an enviroment thats more in tune with my own values.
anyway enough of the soap box the decisions been made initialy my family will only be with me for a week thet will returjn when the house is sold and things are in order. wE WONT BE RICH IF WE ARE LUCKY WE MIGHT HAVE 100,000 DOLlars towards a new home so far from mortgage free and im sure people have arrived with less aka andrew cross and still remain positive.
hope to see some of you there

mv
Old Mar 19th 2006, 10:32 pm
Susie..

Andrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Corrections on my way at last

Originally Posted by MV5555
well after months of will i wont i......with some encouragement from my wife we will be flying out to hamiliton on may 22nd. Over the last few months i have heard the good the bad and the ugly things about nz and correction jobs and on more than one occasion thought nooooo stuff it stay here. in 10yrs time thougn i know i will be saying to myself what if now i will be saying well i gave that a go or its the best thing i did............now i know its going to be hard i know im proberbly going to be skint but jesus i look at our inner cities and the disease that spreading fro them and im willing to give up alot to see my kids grow up in an enviroment thats more in tune with my own values.
anyway enough of the soap box the decisions been made initialy my family will only be with me for a week thet will returjn when the house is sold and things are in order. wE WONT BE RICH IF WE ARE LUCKY WE MIGHT HAVE 100,000 DOLlars towards a new home so far from mortgage free and im sure people have arrived with less aka andrew cross and still remain positive.

mv
Best of luck to you and the family, im sure the other half will pm you later when he gets back from his first day at work after the training. Sue
Old Mar 19th 2006, 10:34 pm
Forum Regular

MV5555 has a brilliant futureMV5555 has a brilliant futureMV5555 has a brilliant futureMV5555 has a brilliant futureMV5555 has a brilliant futureMV5555 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Andrew Cross
Best of luck to you and the family, im sure the other half will pm you later when he gets back from his first day at work after the training. Sue
THAX SUE I THINK HE WILL END UP BEING A LIFELINE FOR A WHILE :-)
Old Mar 19th 2006, 10:55 pm
Forum Regular

mv

BY THE WAY GOT A GREAT DEAL ON FLIGHTS SINGAPORE AIRLINES OFF OF EBAY OF ALL PLACES 1396.00 2 ADULTS 2 CHILDREN RETURNS FROM MAN TO AUCKLAND ( I WILL NOT BE USING MY RETRN BUT THE PRICE WAS THE SAME . T I THINK THEY WERE AGENTS DISCOUNT TICKETS COS I COULDNT FIND THEN THIS CHEAP ANYWHERE IF ANYONE WANTS THE GUYS EMAIL WHO GOT ME THEM GIVE ME A SHOUT
Old Mar 19th 2006, 11:30 pm
Forum Regular

annaerb will become famous soon enoughannaerb will become famous soon enough

Good Luck on your Ventures to NZ. I hope it all works out for you and your family. You have a very positive attitude which helps.
Look forward to hearing more from you.

Hamilton is a nice place. In June the place is buzzing with the Mystery Creek Fielday's Agriculture show. It's on for four days and if you get a chance go and have a look it's not all Farm related.
Old Mar 19th 2006, 11:34 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by annaerb
Good Luck on your Ventures to NZ. I hope it all works out for you and your family. You have a very positive attitude which helps.
Look forward to hearing more from you.

Hamilton is a nice place. In June the place is buzzing with the Mystery Creek Fielday's Agriculture show. It's on for four days and if you get a chance go and have a look it's not all Farm related.
thanx ann i will need to keep myself busy till my family can jion me.
Old Mar 20th 2006, 1:07 am
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck, safe journey and all the best
Old Mar 20th 2006, 6:16 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by sky
Good luck, safe journey and all the best

thanx sky;-)
Old Mar 20th 2006, 7:30 am
Just Joined

Delsonk9 is an unknown quantity at this point

thanx sky;-)
Congratulations, ive just passed the Hogan tests overnight. Does anyone know if the teams are coming to the UK again to interview ? I think i may have to go over to do my written tests and interview. ive applied for South Island.
Old Mar 20th 2006, 8:13 am
Just Joined

Noel and Rachel is an unknown quantity at this point

BY THE WAY GOT A GREAT DEAL ON FLIGHTS SINGAPORE AIRLINES OFF OF EBAY OF ALL PLACES 1396.00 2 ADULTS 2 CHILDREN RETURNS FROM MAN TO AUCKLAND ( I WILL NOT BE USING MY RETRN BUT THE PRICE WAS THE SAME . T I THINK THEY WERE AGENTS DISCOUNT TICKETS COS I COULDNT FIND THEN THIS CHEAP ANYWHERE IF ANYONE WANTS THE GUYS EMAIL WHO GOT ME THEM GIVE ME A SHOUT
That's not bad, Singapore have some good fares on their website at the moment - from around £440 + tax makes it about £550-600 if you get the right dates. Mine were £620 all in for my recce trip - it was £580 from London so works out cheaper than getting a connecting flight down to London.
Old Mar 21st 2006, 9:29 pm

taffinkent will become famous soon enough

Good luck mate......We are here already. On the ITC. If you need any honest views please get in touch !! Going to Invercargill, South Island.

Taff.
Old Mar 21st 2006, 9:33 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by taffinkent
Good luck mate......We are here already. On the ITC. If you need any honest views please get in touch !! Going to Invercargill, South Island.

Taff.
thx taff how you getting on? i'm sure its different;-0 :scared:
Old Mar 21st 2006, 10:07 pm
Susie..

Andrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Delsonk9
Congratulations, ive just passed the Hogan tests overnight. Does anyone know if the teams are coming to the UK again to interview ? I think i may have to go over to do my written tests and interview. ive applied for South Island.
Hi there, I got your email, sorry i never got back to you. I am going to find out for you if there is anyone over there or if they intend to send people over to the UK to interview. I'm sure with your experience you will have no problems at all getting into the NZ corrections service. I'm sure you are aware that the wages to start with are pretty poor, but if you have a little put aside and are willing to do abit of overtime, you will be fine. If you need any more info mate, I'd be happy to help. Best of Luck!
Old Mar 22nd 2006, 9:15 pm
Forum Regular

ranbysue has a brilliant futureranbysue has a brilliant futureranbysue has a brilliant futureranbysue has a brilliant futureranbysue has a brilliant futureranbysue has a brilliant future

Hello MV5555

I'm really pleased for you that you'll soon be finally on your way. Like all the other officers on this site we've spoke quite often over the last year. If we decide to go (which has to be soon) we would be at Waikeria which I believe that is where you will be. If you come accross Tony Collins then please say "Hi" on my behalf.

Good Luck and keep in touch

Suze x
Old Mar 22nd 2006, 10:44 pm
Banned

Power will become famous soon enough

All the very best, good luck to you and your family.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.