Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Information Cockle Bay/Howick?

Information Cockle Bay/Howick?

Old May 21st 2007, 10:26 am
BE Forum Addict

garryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of light
Default Information Cockle Bay/Howick?

Hi Again......

We have now got a house rental in Cockle Bay. We would like to know more about the area?

Things to Do? Travel in to the City Road/Ferry? Place to go?

Also do any of your kids go to Cockle Bay Primary or Howick College? Do they like it?

Any info would be much appreciated.

Cheers
Old May 22nd 2007, 2:30 pm
Forum Regular

Amanda has a brilliant futureAmanda has a brilliant futureAmanda has a brilliant futureAmanda has a brilliant futureAmanda has a brilliant futureAmanda has a brilliant futureAmanda has a brilliant future
Default Re: Information Cockle Bay/Howick?

Hi There,

We are now back in the UK but we lived in Cockle Bay and two of my children went to Cockle Bay Primary. They enjoyed the school, which is situated in a lovely position with views over to the sea (oh how I miss those sea views). There is a diverse mixture of children from many backgrounds (particularly UK and South African). The teachers are good and the Principal I found to be quite outstanding.

Cockle Bay is a lovely place to live, with close proximity to Howick and it's cafes and great Thai restaurants.

Have fun!
Old May 22nd 2007, 9:55 pm
Forum Regular

minky is just really niceminky is just really niceminky is just really niceminky is just really niceminky is just really niceminky is just really niceminky is just really niceminky is just really niceminky is just really nice
Default Re: Information Cockle Bay/Howick?

Hi
We are just down the hill at the moment in Dannemora the boys both go to Cubs at Cockle Bay opposite the beach.Travel to the city by car min 45 mins as the bridge to the motorway can be quite busy.Half Moon Bay is where the ferry goes into town.Lloyd Elsmore has swimming rugby hockey etc swimming is free during the day and at weekends.Botany is the shopping centre ice rink cinema with a large Pak n Save and countdown.
I only know one person who has children at that school with 3 children and she is really happy with it.Somerville intermediate seems to be the preferred option from people here. Macleans has a good reputation as well as the new Botany Sec School.
As for things to do depends what you like doing.
Boys have just started playing for Bucklands Beach football team.
We find it a good base for beaches getting into Auckland ferries to the islands.
Karen