Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Importing a car - my experiences

Importing a car - my experiences

Old Apr 12th 2007, 9:06 pm
Has left the building

Geelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Importing a car - my experiences

Originally Posted by Sal41
Ooooh crap we were gonna ship our car over but now I'm not so sure, we have a '96 Shogun which is my baby and don't really want to sell it, it may not be the newest car but i love her, anyway will have a look at the website to see if it is worth it.

Out of interest we were quoted approx £1500 to ship the car over in its own container if we drove it to Southampton, an extra £600 if we wanted to ship it from Tilbury which is nearer to us.

loadsa luv
Sal
Have they not just brought in an age limit of 10 years?
Old Apr 12th 2007, 10:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

brussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to behold

Great post, i was going to bring over a LHD (Left Hand Drive) from Belgium and there are even more restrictions, you virtually can never sell it ! Also LHD cars must have the correct VIN plate, (the NZ government vehicle websites are very vague about specfic LHD models), or you will not even be able to import it past customs and you will have to send it back or pay to have it scrapped. I would agree with you car importing is something only to be done if you really love the car ! Reading about all the damage to your car, i am now glad i didn't import mine!
Old Apr 13th 2007, 12:42 pm
The Levy's are coming!!!!

Sal41 will become famous soon enoughSal41 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Geelong Gent
Have they not just brought in an age limit of 10 years?
Hi,
will look into that, thanks

loadsa luv
Sal