Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

I'm going to see McFly !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm going to see McFly !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old Mar 18th 2007, 1:41 am
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I'm going to see McFly !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by Nice Guy
I saw Mud in the seventies at the Pally in Purley.....those were the days..........when music was music............ah I can still hear the rendition of Tiger Feet ringing in my ears.........sheer bliss.........now where's my gramaphone?

Over here I've seen The Who, Sting (phwoar!!!! toned muscles up the yin-yang, pun intended ), Kula Shaker, Junior Wells (before he snuffed it, obviously - hubby's band was backup ), Cherry Poppin' Daddies and a whole slew of local bands.
Old Mar 18th 2007, 3:36 am
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

I haven't a clue who they are, but having looked at their pictures I would feel far too pervy to like them ... they look like babies!
Old Mar 18th 2007, 9:14 am
BE Forum Addict

mickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Michelle&Carl
:

McFly have decided to come to this crappy old town and do a concert here next month yay! tickets went on sale today but I didn't know until tonight so I'll have my arse down that Box Office Monday 9am on the dot !!!!!

OMG - I can't wait - oh yeah I'm taking my eldest as it's for his birthday treat

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW We didn't get to see Busted, before they Busted lol, so he's really chuffed !!!

Just thought I'd share teehee

Michelle xx
Make the most of them, as far as New Zealand is concerned Mcfly don't exist.
My Daughter is soooo Jealous. We saw them in Nottingham 2 years ago, great show, especially the covers they did at the end, ENJOY
Old Mar 18th 2007, 9:33 am
BE Forum Addict

Boopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RobClubley
I saw Bon Jovi in 1995 and they were ace - They had Thunder and Van Halen as support!!

We went to Sydney in December to see Robbie Williams, that was brilliant

IN NZ we've seen Elton John, David Gray and we should have seen Pete Murray but I got the day wrong and we missed it (still gutted about that one)
Rob, where did you see Bon Jovi in '95. We seen them at Gateshead, they had Val Halen & Ugly Kid Joe for support. But Thunder was kind to us, came to Newcastle 3 years running - they're brill.
Isn't Jon Bon Jovi tiny - not my type now.
Old Mar 18th 2007, 9:36 am
BE Forum Addict

Boopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sky
I haven't a clue who they are, but having looked at their pictures I would feel far too pervy to like them ... they look like babies!
Here's some useless info, 3 of them went to the same Music College in Newcastle as my son, but just a few years before.
Old Mar 18th 2007, 9:42 am
BE Forum Addict

Hubby is into punk, and 2 of the bands that we'd seen in UK, we'll see here in Wellington.
The Anti NoWhere League, played here in November - a better gig here than back home.
And The UK Subs - if anyone's heard of them, they play here next month. They are not the kind of bands you'd expect to come to NZ, hubby thought that he'd never get a chance to see either again.
Old Mar 18th 2007, 9:46 am
Forum Regular

ballsrburning is just really niceballsrburning is just really niceballsrburning is just really niceballsrburning is just really niceballsrburning is just really niceballsrburning is just really niceballsrburning is just really niceballsrburning is just really niceballsrburning is just really nice

Originally Posted by mickey_d
Make the most of them, as far as New Zealand is concerned Mcfly don't exist.
That is music to my ears . One thing I noticed when I travelled but this was only in aus, is the amount of talented musicians just doing local pubs, I hope NZ is the same.
Old Mar 18th 2007, 9:53 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by ballsrburning
That is music to my ears . One thing I noticed when I travelled but this was only in aus, is the amount of talented musicians just doing local pubs, I hope NZ is the same.
Our local has a band on every friday night, there's not one I've seen there that I could say was crap. From what I've seen (generally speaking) the pub muso's here are more talented than pub bands I've seen back home.
Old Mar 18th 2007, 9:56 am
Happy in Wellington

RobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boopy
Rob, where did you see Bon Jovi in '95. We seen them at Gateshead, they had Val Halen & Ugly Kid Joe for support. But Thunder was kind to us, came to Newcastle 3 years running - they're brill.
Isn't Jon Bon Jovi tiny - not my type now.
I saw them in Sheffield - the night before my final exam at uni
Old Mar 18th 2007, 9:58 am
conquering the world!

karonious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond repute

Hubby is into punk, and 2 of the bands that we'd seen in UK, we'll see here in Wellington.
The Anti NoWhere League, played here in November - a better gig here than back home.
And The UK Subs - if anyone's heard of them, they play here next month. They are not the kind of bands you'd expect to come to NZ, hubby thought that he'd never get a chance to see either again.
My brother is seriously considering coming out when the UK subs are here. He watches a lot of live bands in the UK and has seen the Damned so many times I often wonder if they look out and say "Hey, Pete's in tonight!"
Anti-nowhere League - I may well still have 'so what?' ( ) on vinyl if I could be bothered to look!
How about a poll to see which is the least street-cred gig anyone ever went to?
Leo Sayer
An ex-colleague admitted to queuing to see Acker Bilk.......
Old Mar 18th 2007, 9:58 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by RobClubley
I saw them in Sheffield - the night before my final exam at uni
And was it a night you'll never forget. I remember being abit disappointed with Van Halen.
Old Mar 18th 2007, 10:03 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by karonious
My brother is seriously considering coming out when the UK subs are here. He watches a lot of live bands in the UK and has seen the Damned so many times I often wonder if they look out and say "Hey, Pete's in tonight!"
Anti-nowhere League - I may well still have 'so what?' ( ) on vinyl if I could be bothered to look!
How about a poll to see which is the least street-cred gig anyone ever went to?
Leo Sayer
An ex-colleague admitted to queuing to see Acker Bilk.......

We've seen then Dammned loads. Stiff Little Fingers would play in Newcastle every year for St Patricks Day - first we've missed in years. Sunderland had just started having a big Punk festival, it was to be every year. That was the final hurdle to get Paul out here, he'd waited years for it to start in our city. At least he can see old Charlie Harper again on Easter Saturday.
Old Mar 18th 2007, 10:08 am
BE Forum Addict

Karen, Hubby has just told me the Subs are playing Newcastle on May 27th with the Buzzcocks.
Old Mar 18th 2007, 10:20 am
CockneyLass

dazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud of

We've seen then Dammned loads. Stiff Little Fingers would play in Newcastle every year for St Patricks Day - first we've missed in years. Sunderland had just started having a big Punk festival, it was to be every year. That was the final hurdle to get Paul out here, he'd waited years for it to start in our city. At least he can see old Charlie Harper again on Easter Saturday.
Stiff Little Fingers, wow thats a blast from the past. I didnt even know they were still going. I used to love them. Jake Burns was a hero of mine in my younger days along with Joe Strummer and Mick Jones - unfortunately I never got to see the Clash I would love it if SLF made ithere way out here. Unlikely me thinks!
Old Mar 18th 2007, 10:39 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by dazal
Stiff Little Fingers, wow thats a blast from the past. I didnt even know they were still going. I used to love them. Jake Burns was a hero of mine in my younger days along with Joe Strummer and Mick Jones - unfortunately I never got to see the Clash I would love it if SLF made ithere way out here. Unlikely me thinks!
We never got to see the Clash either. Before we came to NZ the big punk fest in Sunderland had The Stranglers head lining, with the Damned, Wayne's County, Penetration, GoldBlade. The year before had the Dead Kennedys & UK Subs.
Last year when we seen SLF, Jake didn't look too good & was real twisty with the audience, walked off when the beer started to get thrown on stage.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.