British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   I'm going to see McFly !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/im-going-see-mcfly-435349/)

UKNZAUS Mar 17th 2007 8:41 pm

I'm going to see McFly !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

McFly have decided to come to this crappy old town and do a concert here next month yay! tickets went on sale today but I didn't know until tonight so I'll have my arse down that Box Office Monday 9am on the dot !!!!!

OMG - I can't wait - oh yeah I'm taking my eldest as it's for his birthday treat ;) :rofl:

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW We didn't get to see Busted, before they Busted lol, so he's really chuffed !!!

Just thought I'd share teehee

Michelle xx

Jack The Lad Mar 17th 2007 9:49 pm

Re: I'm going to see McFly !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by Michelle&Carl (Post 4529062)

McFly have decided to come to this crappy old town .....

What a sick country this is turning into :thumbdown:

:rofl:

PS Michelle your kiddin right? :p

UKNZAUS Mar 17th 2007 9:53 pm

Nope! Not kidding! My boy wants to see McFly and doesn't want his embaressing Dad to take him - so he's taking nutty Mum along who will show him up by bouncing around like a looney :eek: :rofl:

This was one of the things on our 'to-do before leaving for NZ' list :D 4 weeks and counting :thumbsup:

Michelle x

PS: See if I could have gotten Take that tickets - we wouldn't have moved ANYWHERE until I'd been to see them !!!!! I'm heartbroken that I can't see them!

Nice Guy Mar 17th 2007 9:53 pm

Who or perhaps what are McFly?

Some popular music group, circus performers, illusionists??

Buggered if I know!

UKNZAUS Mar 17th 2007 10:01 pm

Originally Posted by Nice Guy (Post 4529225)

Buggered if I know!

http://www.mcflyofficial.com/home/

Jack The Lad Mar 17th 2007 10:02 pm

Originally Posted by Nice Guy (Post 4529225)

Buggered if I know!

Most of the above except the music thing :rofl:

ballsrburning Mar 17th 2007 10:04 pm

Can't believe people want to go see them what a bunch of talentless cretins they are.

UKNZAUS Mar 17th 2007 10:05 pm

Originally Posted by ballsrburning (Post 4529263)
Can't believe people want to go see them what a bunch of talentless cretins they are.

So you don't want me to pick you a ticket up then ??? :rofl:

ballsrburning Mar 17th 2007 10:14 pm

Originally Posted by Michelle&Carl (Post 4529272)
So you don't want me to pick you a ticket up then ??? :rofl:

No thanks i'd rather shoot myself :)

Did see james morrison last week, he was truly awsome.

I get your point about seeing bands before you go though, next on my list is jamiraqoui, would love to see Bob Dylan or Tracy Chapman befoer I go but there you are will have to wait for them.

UKNZAUS Mar 17th 2007 10:18 pm

I much prefer the term 'Rather boil my own head' than shoot myself :rofl:

Would love to see Jamiroquai too :thumbsup: ... and Bon Jovi ... in fact I'd see anyone :rofl:

Am Loolah Mar 17th 2007 10:39 pm

Originally Posted by Michelle&Carl (Post 4529309)

Would love to see Jamiroquai too :thumbsup: ... and Bon Jovi ... in fact I'd see anyone :rofl:

We saw Jamiroquai last year in Birmingham and they are amazing - JayKay is on my "To Do" list !!;) His live singing voice is no different from an edited recording, probably better in the raw sense and don't even get me started on his moves!!!! Phwoar!!!!! Showed my mother the full colour piccies in the souvenir brochure and she thought he looked like he could work the checkout in Asda???!!! Should have gone to Specsavers (or any other generic opticians!!):thumbsup:

RobClubley Mar 17th 2007 10:47 pm

Originally Posted by Michelle&Carl (Post 4529309)

I saw Bon Jovi in 1995 and they were ace - They had Thunder and Van Halen as support!!

We went to Sydney in December to see Robbie Williams, that was brilliant :)

IN NZ we've seen Elton John, David Gray and we should have seen Pete Murray but I got the day wrong and we missed it (still gutted about that one)

UKNZAUS Mar 17th 2007 10:55 pm

WOW

I just love the atmosphere at Live concerts - I'm hoping and praying that Take That will come over seeing as I'm going to miss their UK tour this year :(

In fact, I've just added this to my to-do list .....

'Email ALL bands/artists I like to beg/plead/arse-kiss to come over to NZ constantly until they do'

Now if i get a petition going, it may just work :D I've tried searching NZ and their gigs ... came up with Chilli Peppers :thumbsup: there soon.

Michelle xx

Nice Guy Mar 17th 2007 11:25 pm

Originally Posted by Am Loolah (Post 4529393)
...........and don't even get me started on his moves!!!! Phwoar!!!!!

Mrs Nice Guy says that about me!

Nice Guy Mar 17th 2007 11:56 pm

I saw Mud in the seventies at the Pally in Purley.....those were the days..........when music was music............ah I can still hear the rendition of Tiger Feet ringing in my ears.........sheer bliss.........now where's my gramaphone?

Maz Mar 18th 2007 1:41 am

Originally Posted by Nice Guy (Post 4529542)
I saw Mud in the seventies at the Pally in Purley.....those were the days..........when music was music............ah I can still hear the rendition of Tiger Feet ringing in my ears.........sheer bliss.........now where's my gramaphone?

:lol: :rofl:

Over here I've seen The Who, Sting (phwoar!!!! toned muscles up the yin-yang, pun intended :p ), Kula Shaker, Junior Wells (before he snuffed it, obviously - hubby's band was backup :D ), Cherry Poppin' Daddies and a whole slew of local bands.

sky Mar 18th 2007 3:36 am

I haven't a clue who they are, but having looked at their pictures I would feel far too pervy to like them ... they look like babies!

mickey_d Mar 18th 2007 9:14 am

Originally Posted by Michelle&Carl (Post 4529062)
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :

McFly have decided to come to this crappy old town and do a concert here next month yay! tickets went on sale today but I didn't know until tonight so I'll have my arse down that Box Office Monday 9am on the dot !!!!!

OMG - I can't wait - oh yeah I'm taking my eldest as it's for his birthday treat ;) :rofl:

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW We didn't get to see Busted, before they Busted lol, so he's really chuffed !!!

Just thought I'd share teehee

Michelle xx

Make the most of them, as far as New Zealand is concerned Mcfly don't exist.
My Daughter is soooo Jealous. We saw them in Nottingham 2 years ago, great show, especially the covers they did at the end, ENJOY:thumbsup:

Boopy Mar 18th 2007 9:33 am

Originally Posted by RobClubley (Post 4529416)
I saw Bon Jovi in 1995 and they were ace - They had Thunder and Van Halen as support!!

We went to Sydney in December to see Robbie Williams, that was brilliant :)

IN NZ we've seen Elton John, David Gray and we should have seen Pete Murray but I got the day wrong and we missed it (still gutted about that one)

Rob, where did you see Bon Jovi in '95. We seen them at Gateshead, they had Val Halen & Ugly Kid Joe for support. But Thunder was kind to us, came to Newcastle 3 years running - they're brill.
Isn't Jon Bon Jovi tiny - not my type now.

Boopy Mar 18th 2007 9:36 am

Originally Posted by sky (Post 4529802)
I haven't a clue who they are, but having looked at their pictures I would feel far too pervy to like them ... they look like babies!

Here's some useless info, 3 of them went to the same Music College in Newcastle as my son, but just a few years before.

Boopy Mar 18th 2007 9:42 am

Hubby is into punk, and 2 of the bands that we'd seen in UK, we'll see here in Wellington.
The Anti NoWhere League, played here in November - a better gig here than back home.
And The UK Subs - if anyone's heard of them, they play here next month. They are not the kind of bands you'd expect to come to NZ, hubby thought that he'd never get a chance to see either again.:thumbsup:

ballsrburning Mar 18th 2007 9:46 am

Originally Posted by mickey_d (Post 4530122)
Make the most of them, as far as New Zealand is concerned Mcfly don't exist.

That is music to my ears :thumbsup: :eek: . One thing I noticed when I travelled but this was only in aus, is the amount of talented musicians just doing local pubs, I hope NZ is the same.

Boopy Mar 18th 2007 9:53 am

Originally Posted by ballsrburning (Post 4530198)
That is music to my ears :thumbsup: :eek: . One thing I noticed when I travelled but this was only in aus, is the amount of talented musicians just doing local pubs, I hope NZ is the same.

Our local has a band on every friday night, there's not one I've seen there that I could say was crap. From what I've seen (generally speaking) the pub muso's here are more talented than pub bands I've seen back home.

RobClubley Mar 18th 2007 9:56 am

Originally Posted by Boopy (Post 4530155)
Rob, where did you see Bon Jovi in '95. We seen them at Gateshead, they had Val Halen & Ugly Kid Joe for support. But Thunder was kind to us, came to Newcastle 3 years running - they're brill.
Isn't Jon Bon Jovi tiny - not my type now.

I saw them in Sheffield - the night before my final exam at uni :D

karonious Mar 18th 2007 9:58 am

Originally Posted by Boopy (Post 4530181)
Hubby is into punk, and 2 of the bands that we'd seen in UK, we'll see here in Wellington.
The Anti NoWhere League, played here in November - a better gig here than back home.
And The UK Subs - if anyone's heard of them, they play here next month. They are not the kind of bands you'd expect to come to NZ, hubby thought that he'd never get a chance to see either again.:thumbsup:

My brother is seriously considering coming out when the UK subs are here. He watches a lot of live bands in the UK and has seen the Damned so many times I often wonder if they look out and say "Hey, Pete's in tonight!"
Anti-nowhere League - I may well still have 'so what?' (:eek: ) on vinyl if I could be bothered to look!
How about a poll to see which is the least street-cred gig anyone ever went to?
Leo Sayer :thumbsup:
An ex-colleague admitted to queuing to see Acker Bilk.......

Boopy Mar 18th 2007 9:58 am

Originally Posted by RobClubley (Post 4530219)
I saw them in Sheffield - the night before my final exam at uni :D

And was it a night you'll never forget. I remember being abit disappointed with Van Halen.

Boopy Mar 18th 2007 10:03 am

Originally Posted by karonious (Post 4530226)
My brother is seriously considering coming out when the UK subs are here. He watches a lot of live bands in the UK and has seen the Damned so many times I often wonder if they look out and say "Hey, Pete's in tonight!"
Anti-nowhere League - I may well still have 'so what?' (:eek: ) on vinyl if I could be bothered to look!

We've seen then Dammned loads. Stiff Little Fingers would play in Newcastle every year for St Patricks Day - first we've missed in years. Sunderland had just started having a big Punk festival, it was to be every year. That was the final hurdle to get Paul out here, he'd waited years for it to start in our city. At least he can see old Charlie Harper again on Easter Saturday.

Boopy Mar 18th 2007 10:08 am

Karen, Hubby has just told me the Subs are playing Newcastle on May 27th with the Buzzcocks.

dazal Mar 18th 2007 10:20 am

Originally Posted by Boopy (Post 4530241)
We've seen then Dammned loads. Stiff Little Fingers would play in Newcastle every year for St Patricks Day - first we've missed in years. Sunderland had just started having a big Punk festival, it was to be every year. That was the final hurdle to get Paul out here, he'd waited years for it to start in our city. At least he can see old Charlie Harper again on Easter Saturday.

Stiff Little Fingers, wow thats a blast from the past. I didnt even know they were still going. I used to love them. Jake Burns was a hero of mine in my younger days along with Joe Strummer and Mick Jones - unfortunately I never got to see the Clash:sad_smile: I would love it if SLF made ithere way out here. Unlikely me thinks!

Boopy Mar 18th 2007 10:39 am

Originally Posted by dazal (Post 4530274)
Stiff Little Fingers, wow thats a blast from the past. I didnt even know they were still going. I used to love them. Jake Burns was a hero of mine in my younger days along with Joe Strummer and Mick Jones - unfortunately I never got to see the Clash:sad_smile: I would love it if SLF made ithere way out here. Unlikely me thinks!

We never got to see the Clash either. Before we came to NZ the big punk fest in Sunderland had The Stranglers head lining, with the Damned, Wayne's County, Penetration, GoldBlade. The year before had the Dead Kennedys & UK Subs.
Last year when we seen SLF, Jake didn't look too good & was real twisty with the audience, walked off when the beer started to get thrown on stage.

karonious Mar 18th 2007 10:48 am

Originally Posted by Boopy (Post 4530312)
We never got to see the Clash either. Before we came to NZ the big punk fest in Sunderland had The Stranglers head lining, with the Damned, Wayne's County, Penetration, GoldBlade. The year before had the Dead Kennedys & UK Subs.
Last year when we seen SLF, Jake didn't look too good & was real twisty with the audience, walked off when the beer started to get thrown on stage.

You would SO get on with my brother!
He is a walking encylopedia re the Punk years. He now lives near Cardiff and works nights at one of the Hilton Hotels. He often blags himself tickets to whatever is going on there as he also works agency at ST David's Hall. He is in his late 30's and by the sound of it, you may well have been in the same crowd several times :thumbup: .
MY Favourite top 3 songs of all times:
No more Heroes - the Stranglers
Olivers army - Elvis Costello
Reward - The Teardrop explodes

Anyone care to share?

RobClubley Mar 18th 2007 6:31 pm

Originally Posted by Boopy (Post 4530228)
And was it a night you'll never forget. I remember being abit disappointed with Van Halen.

Yeah me too - shame really. Thunder were brilliant - better than I expected. Certainly better than Van Halen

shell and mark Mar 18th 2007 6:38 pm

Well i'm going to see Dolly Parton on Tuesday In Manchester..Can't Wait :thumbsup:

leaseuk Mar 18th 2007 8:01 pm

Originally Posted by shell and mark (Post 4531516)
Well i'm going to see Dolly Parton on Tuesday In Manchester..Can't Wait :thumbsup:

We're going to the V-festival in Chelmsford just before we got home. I managed to get tickets before they sold out. It helped that I was at home coughing and spluttering and had nothing else to do but log on to various ticket sites and use my mobile and house phone to try for tickets (put on hold for ages!).

Been to see far too many bands over the years. Loudest band: Motorhead, Brixton Academy. I couldn't do my job the next day as my ears were ringing too much.

Best band seen in NZ: Sex Pistols & Queen (and Tracey Chapman) :thumbsup:

Am Loolah Mar 18th 2007 8:34 pm

Originally Posted by karonious (Post 4530226)

Howard Jones was my first concert!!:o

RobClubley Mar 18th 2007 9:15 pm

Originally Posted by Am Loolah (Post 4531746)
Howard Jones was my first concert!!:o

My first concert was T'Pau on their "comeback" tour for the third album!

P2L Mar 18th 2007 9:17 pm

Yazoo was my 1st, Kid Creole & the Coconuts my 2nd & Human League was my 3rd!!!!!!

I was 15 at the time & there was a load of us used to go with our Art Teacher (who was also a DJ) to gigs.:thumbup: :thumbup: Can you imagine doing that these days. He'd be locked up by now & I'd have sued the ar**e off of him :rofl: :rofl:

My last one was Robbie :wub:

RobClubley Mar 18th 2007 9:22 pm

Originally Posted by kev&sarah (Post 4531859)
Yazoo was my 1st, Kid Creole & the Coconuts my 2nd & Human League was my 3rd!!!!!!

I was 15 at the time & there was a load of us used to go with our Art Teacher (who was also a DJ) to gigs.:thumbup: :thumbup: Can you imagine doing that these days. He'd be locked up by now & I'd have sued the ar**e off of him :rofl: :rofl:

Where did you see Robbie? On the Close Encounters tour?

That stage was just awesome. And he gets better and better every time we see him (we went to Knebworth and melanie saw him at Milton Keynes a few years ago)

Am Loolah Mar 18th 2007 9:23 pm

Originally Posted by kev&sarah (Post 4531859)

Who, clearly only had and only has eyes for me!:p

(Did you see him in Heat magazine this last week out of rehab looking F.I.T!!)

P2L Mar 18th 2007 9:25 pm

Originally Posted by Am Loolah (Post 4531876)
Who, clearly only had and only has eyes for me!:p

(Did you see him in Heat magazine this last week out of rehab looking F.I.T!!)

He told me he's not interested in you any more cos you're leaving these shores, so get over it girlfriend!!!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad: face facts, he's mine!!

:p :rofl: