Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

If You Could, Would You Go Back Home?

If You Could, Would You Go Back Home?

Old Oct 22nd 2006, 8:32 am
BE Forum Addict

danny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: If You Could, Would You Go Back Home?

Some tremendous postage going down in this thread-really tremendous. Nice to read some stuff from people who've been there a while-still cannot wait to make my own mind up though.
For some people it seems like once you've moved once,a bug is planted and off you go-pogoing round the world! Fab. Good luck to you all.
Old Oct 22nd 2006, 10:19 am
BE Enthusiast

Winnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud of

I would never, never, never go back to the UK. I couldn't be happier living here in NZ and am here to stay for good. Short, I know, but what else can I say?????
Old Oct 22nd 2006, 10:25 am
BE Forum Addict

poppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Maz1
I have read on other forums about people wanting to go back to the UK to live. So come on now, hands on hearts, if you could - would you?

no - 6 mths on & we still love it, this place just seems to suit us, if you know what i mean.
if i could bring some friends & family over that would be great, but generally we're good here, would go back to visit family etc , & possibly a wee bit of shopping
Old Oct 22nd 2006, 9:10 pm
Forum Regular

IainW is just really niceIainW is just really niceIainW is just really niceIainW is just really niceIainW is just really niceIainW is just really niceIainW is just really niceIainW is just really niceIainW is just really niceIainW is just really niceIainW is just really nice

We've been here just over 18 months and it feels like home to us. We still intend to do some travelling and maybe live elsewhere, but NZ is where we'll come back to. I wouldn't waste the air fair going back to the UK - too many other cool places to visit!
Old Oct 25th 2006, 11:40 pm
Forum Regular

ranbysue has a brilliant futureranbysue has a brilliant futureranbysue has a brilliant futureranbysue has a brilliant futureranbysue has a brilliant futureranbysue has a brilliant future

Don't come back as it's getting worse here. Today Richmond borough council arrogantly with their heads held high announced (who are lib dem run at the mo) that they are proposing to charge every householder in their area a fee of £300 to park on their own drives if they own what they deem to be a "gas guzzling car". This they say is becuase the UK People significantly contribute (as always) to the decline of the world climate and ozone layer etc.

How long before all the rest of the UK councils start rubbing their hands and force this easy to obtain tax from the working classes to give back to who....the criminals and their "free legal aid" solicitors and minority groups... as we certainly don't see the promised upgrade of the public transport system to entice us away from our cars!

Believe me stay where you are because if you want to work in the UK and are an honest law abiding citizen,then you aint going no-where fast in life.. only paying out with little return

sorry but this is how I feel we are treated here now. I love Britain but do often wonder if it's a country I want to live in anymore

Last edited by ranbysue; Oct 25th 2006 at 11:47 pm.
Old Oct 25th 2006, 11:48 pm

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ranbysue
Don't come back as it's getting worse here. Today Richmond borough council ( ho are lib dem run at the mo) are now arrogantly proposing to charge every householder in their area a fee of £300 to park on their own drives if they own what they deem to be a "gas guzzling car". This they say is becuase the UK People significantly contribute (as always) to the decline of the world climate chanage and ozone layer etc.

How long before all the rest of the UK councils start rubbing their hands and force this easy to obtain tax from the working classes to give back to who....the criminals and solicitors and minority groups... as we certainly don't see the promised upgrade of the public transport system to entice us away from our cars!

Believe me stay where you are because if you want to work in the UK and are an honest law abiding citizen then you aint going no-where in life.. only paying out

sorry but this is how I feel we are treated here now
/That
might be to pay for the FREE CHILDCARE PLACES for Travellers, Eastern Europeans and those with Learning Difficulties kids under 4years (in our Borough!) Just not us working parents who pay tax - we have to pay for ours but in fairness get some funding now she's nearly 4!
Old Oct 26th 2006, 12:34 am
Forum Regular

Stevie1963 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ranbysue
Don't come back as it's getting worse here. Today Richmond borough council arrogantly with their heads held high announced (who are lib dem run at the mo) that they are proposing to charge every householder in their area a fee of £300 to park on their own drives if they own what they deem to be a "gas guzzling car". This they say is becuase the UK People significantly contribute (as always) to the decline of the world climate and ozone layer etc.

How long before all the rest of the UK councils start rubbing their hands and force this easy to obtain tax from the working classes to give back to who....the criminals and their "free legal aid" solicitors and minority groups... as we certainly don't see the promised upgrade of the public transport system to entice us away from our cars!

Believe me stay where you are because if you want to work in the UK and are an honest law abiding citizen,then you aint going no-where fast in life.. only paying out with little return

sorry but this is how I feel we are treated here now. I love Britain but do often wonder if it's a country I want to live in anymore
I couldn't agree more. As you say, if you are born and bred here, honest and try to pay your way in this country then you are penalised in every direction. What incentive do we ever get in the Uk to be honest and responsible. Here in Milton Keynes there is a spate of youths setting light to rubbish bins and in some cases nearly burning the adjacent builds down with them. Where are the Police ? Sat on the motorway bridges and hiding behind trees and bushes on the A5 with B****Y speed cameras grabbing more of our hard earned money. I will be moving to NZ in the new year and I say "good riddance to the UK and all it's political/ethnic correctness" I wont be back very often other than to occasionally visit relatives. That's unless I can persuade them to visit us instead then I wont be back at all !
Old Oct 26th 2006, 12:42 am
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

You still have the police waging war on motorists over here with the speed cameras.
Old Oct 26th 2006, 12:49 am
Forum Regular

Stevie1963 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: If You Could, Would You Go Back Home?

Originally Posted by sky
You still have the police waging war on motorists over here with the speed cameras.
Ok, I can accept that if they are doing their job in other areas. I don't blame the Police as such. I understand that they can spend hours, days even months trying to build a case against a criminal only to have it quashed by some politically correct judge in court. I just feel this whole country has gone to the dogs over the last few years and is very unfair on the law abiding citizen or am I just getting old ?
I would rather you didn't answer that one
Old Oct 26th 2006, 1:05 am
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stevie1963
or am I just getting old ?
I would rather you didn't answer that one
OK
Old Oct 26th 2006, 2:23 am
Banned

Budowsky is a splendid one to beholdBudowsky is a splendid one to beholdBudowsky is a splendid one to beholdBudowsky is a splendid one to beholdBudowsky is a splendid one to beholdBudowsky is a splendid one to beholdBudowsky is a splendid one to beholdBudowsky is a splendid one to beholdBudowsky is a splendid one to beholdBudowsky is a splendid one to beholdBudowsky is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Stevie1963
I couldn't agree more. As you say, if you are born and bred here, honest and try to pay your way in this country then you are penalised in every direction. What incentive do we ever get in the Uk to be honest and responsible. Here in Milton Keynes there is a spate of youths setting light to rubbish bins and in some cases nearly burning the adjacent builds down with them. Where are the Police ? Sat on the motorway bridges and hiding behind trees and bushes on the A5 with B****Y speed cameras grabbing more of our hard earned money. I will be moving to NZ in the new year and I say "good riddance to the UK and all it's political/ethnic correctness" I wont be back very often other than to occasionally visit relatives. That's unless I can persuade them to visit us instead then I wont be back at all !

I used to do volunteer shifts for my local ambo station in NZ, and trust me, their is crime here - just like England. Stabbings, beatings, rapes, gang fights....but for the average middle class pom you don't get to see it.

I was also amazed how many people wanted to kill themselves. Probably the same in the UK, but still.
Old Oct 26th 2006, 2:27 am
Account Closed

Apple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Budowsky
I used to do volunteer shifts for my local ambo station in NZ, and trust me, their is crime here - just like England. Stabbings, beatings, rapes, gang fights....but for the average middle class pom you don't get to see it.

I was also amazed how many people wanted to kill themselves. Probably the same in the UK, but still.
Same shit, different bucket.
Your life is what you make of it.
Old Oct 26th 2006, 3:29 am
Banned

Budowsky is a splendid one to beholdBudowsky is a splendid one to beholdBudowsky is a splendid one to beholdBudowsky is a splendid one to beholdBudowsky is a splendid one to beholdBudowsky is a splendid one to beholdBudowsky is a splendid one to beholdBudowsky is a splendid one to beholdBudowsky is a splendid one to beholdBudowsky is a splendid one to beholdBudowsky is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Apple12

In a nutshell.
Old Oct 26th 2006, 5:01 am
Account Closed

Sally is an unknown quantity at this point

Might have to home if the war continues...lack of research funding.
Old Oct 26th 2006, 6:30 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Apple12

Actually, I do believe you need to be lucky as well. Some are some aren't.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.