Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

If not NZ, then where would you settle????

If not NZ, then where would you settle????

Old Oct 28th 2009, 5:07 am

love30stm is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: If not NZ, then where would you settle????

Originally Posted by Vitalstatistix
Erm, sorry Mind you OH was in your neck of the woods yesterday & I shan't tell you what he said about it
Yeah I can imagine! I think I'm in the wrong place in NZ
Old Oct 28th 2009, 9:24 am
BE Enthusiast

pricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond repute

I've always said France...or maybe spain...but I've gone off Europe a bit of late

I dunno.....then...I love it here..I would consider Ireland though
Old Oct 28th 2009, 12:23 pm
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by love30stm
Hey I have yanks! as you put it as friends so yeah I would fit in well
lived with our cousins from over the pond for long enough as a student and in spite of there being some decent qualities in there - they were pretty loyal and certainly determined, I found that the negatves outweigh the positives, particularly having travelled in some parts of some of the southern states, where we have very good friends too, BTW
Not a fan of the NRA but I can live with Southern Baptists.....so go figure on that one

Bit like France really, lovely place but to make it perfect then would need to carry out an almost complete genocide.....

Wouldn't mind living in SW or SE France close to the coast and the mountains, although J-M LePenn is not my favourite either so we'd have to pick and choose.
Old Oct 28th 2009, 12:44 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by lardyl
Bit like France really, lovely place but to make it perfect then would need to carry out an almost complete genocide.....
LARDYL !
Old Oct 28th 2009, 1:31 pm
Life is what YOU make it.

Stormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond repute

mmm......like Califronia for its sate/nat. parks, beaches and climate, but don't like yanks too much and couldn't live with all the gun-totting, ye-hah, look-at-me, crap.......

maybe Oz, Victoria perhaps, or the west coast of Canada

if back in the UK I'd take rural south Warwickshire or maybe somewhere on the Northumbrian coast now we have adjusted to a slower pace of life and got used to being near the sea again
Sorry there is no rural south Warwickshire left.....the M40 runs straight through it so it is now a London commuter belt with property prices to match......also a great escape route for all break in burglaries.
Old Oct 28th 2009, 6:24 pm
Done my time.

wayneL is an unknown quantity at this point

We're 2 weeks away from moving to NZ from UK, so not sure I'd want to leave just yet.

I've lived in UK, USA, Oz, and Canada.

If the politics sorts itself out and they stop trying to %$Ā£* this country up, I'd be happy to live here again.

Canada? Yep, beautiful place, great people, just a bit too close the Great Satan.

USA? Just... No. Empire in decline.

Oz? Trying to be America. No bloody way.

I wouldn't mind giving some parts of Europe a go.

Overall, If we don't like NZ, probably Canada.
Old Oct 29th 2009, 12:25 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stormer999
Sorry there is no rural south Warwickshire left.....the M40 runs straight through it so it is now a London commuter belt with property prices to match......also a great escape route for all break in burglaries.
Banburgh it is then..........time to invest in some decent thermals and a new wind shell........
Old Oct 29th 2009, 2:02 pm

Stormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond repute

Banburgh it is then..........time to invest in some decent thermals and a new wind shell........
And some real cold stoppers for the winter!
Old Oct 29th 2009, 2:18 pm

Can't be the UK as we are now so full you have to put your name on the waiting list (1 leaves..1 enters) you pull a ticket and wait...however if you are over 30 years old you are never going to make it! (unless you are an illegal immigrant claiming political asylum!)
The continent is now twice as expensive as the UK (blame the Euro!) we can't afford to go there so with the NZ$/ukĀ£/Euro differential Kiwi disatisfieds can totally forget it.
Canada is empty with plenty of room but then again so is Antartica and not so far for you to travel!
Oz offers the best possibility because when you realise what a big mistake you have made it's not so far back to NZ!
Better still with 65 million people crushing me in and 40 million vehicles on our roads at any one time and street crime now going unreported because the police force have capitulated......why don't we just swap.......please!....What say you Genesis....your glass is always half full....
Old Oct 29th 2009, 2:57 pm
We're HERE!!!

Kija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond repute

Probably Canada, gosh I really hope it doesn't boil down to that though.
Old Oct 29th 2009, 3:29 pm

Originally Posted by Kija
Probably Canada, gosh I really hope it doesn't boil down to that though.
Just joking Canada is very empty but just a tad cold for me. North California just East of the Sierra Nevada mountains is extremely nice...very much like NZ.
Old Oct 30th 2009, 9:11 am
BE Forum Addict

irnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond repute

Melbourne would be top of my list.

Apart from that, I'd love to try Canada, or failing that back home in Edinburgh or somewhere lovely like Bath.
Old Oct 30th 2009, 7:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

I love france and would love to retire there one day.
Also i know its seen as boring but i've only ever had good times in Belgium
and could happily settle there
Old Oct 30th 2009, 8:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

Perry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond repute

St Kitts in the caribbean could be good......
Old Oct 31st 2009, 7:03 am
BE Enthusiast

Tomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not sure that there is anywhere else where I'd want to live. A few places that I'd love to visit, but no where that appeals as a home. I was very happy in the UK, had a good life there and no real complaints, but so far NZ has been very kind to us & our life here has been beyond all expectations.

I love both countries, maybe given the opportunity I'd prove to be a fickle female & embrace another country just as well, but right now I can't imagine it .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.