Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

If not NZ, then where would you settle????

If not NZ, then where would you settle????

Old Oct 27th 2009, 8:17 pm
Forum Regular

crumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to behold
Wink If not NZ, then where would you settle????

Hiya all.

just picking up some threads, and some have said that they cant see themselves staying in NZ, and others dont feel as though they are at 'home'.

So just wondering, if its not NZ, and you dont want to come back to the UK, then where would you go?????

Just interested as we may not get PR..... when the time comes.

But hope to

Thanks

Anna
Old Oct 27th 2009, 8:43 pm

love30stm is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: If not NZ, then where would you settle????

Originally Posted by crumpy10
Hiya all.

just picking up some threads, and some have said that they cant see themselves staying in NZ, and others dont feel as though they are at 'home'.

So just wondering, if its not NZ, and you dont want to come back to the UK, then where would you go?????

Just interested as we may not get PR..... when the time comes.

But hope to

Thanks

Anna
I wish America myself Im sure that would feel like home to me
Old Oct 27th 2009, 8:44 pm

I should have been a yank as I'm annoying as one
Old Oct 27th 2009, 8:50 pm

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by love30stm
Bless!

I think I'd try Oz or Canada - haven't been to either - but that wouldn't bother me! I would do what we did before coming here though and have a reccie first. But I can't see it happening. I like where I am right now. Hubby would probably want to go back to the UK if we weren't happy here. I'd help him pack ...
Old Oct 27th 2009, 9:07 pm
appreciate life

willand tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Am Loolah
Bless!

I think I'd try Oz or Canada - haven't been to either - but that wouldn't bother me! I would do what we did before coming here though and have a reccie first. But I can't see it happening. I like where I am right now. Hubby would probably want to go back to the UK if we weren't happy here. I'd help him pack ...
lol, canada is amazinh am loolah, so beautiful, we done a sking/snowboarding trip there jan this year, and it was going there that re connected us with continuing with our plans for nz, so we are very grateful for that

Tins. x
Old Oct 27th 2009, 9:38 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Karma for making me really giggle.

Originally Posted by crumpy10
So just wondering, if its not NZ, and you dont want to come back to the UK, then where would you go?
Hhmm. Canada would be the first choice but which part or place I am not sure.
Old Oct 27th 2009, 9:44 pm
TeamEmbo

TeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond repute

Florida. It's my OH's dream job is to be Pluto in the Disney parades
Old Oct 27th 2009, 9:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Perry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond repute

I would go to Germany, U.S. or Canada.
Old Oct 27th 2009, 9:52 pm
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

mmm......like Califronia for its sate/nat. parks, beaches and climate, but don't like yanks too much and couldn't live with all the gun-totting, ye-hah, look-at-me, crap.......

maybe Oz, Victoria perhaps, or the west coast of Canada

if back in the UK I'd take rural south Warwickshire or maybe somewhere on the Northumbrian coast now we have adjusted to a slower pace of life and got used to being near the sea again
Old Oct 27th 2009, 10:00 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

I have no idea. I like where I am. After returning to the UK in August for a 'holiday', I can't imagine living there again. I've never fancied Australia, US is full of yanks & I'm not sure about Canada, probably too cold for me.

I've imagined living on an island in the Pacific or Indian Ocean but I'd probably get bored after a short while, so NZ it is for me
Old Oct 27th 2009, 10:13 pm
Cow on the Beach

Wooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond repute

Hmmm - have to be the U.S. - been most other places (except South America) and feel I owe it to myself to 'conquer America' someday!
Old Oct 27th 2009, 10:51 pm

Originally Posted by Vitalstatistix
I have no idea. I like where I am. After returning to the UK in August for a 'holiday', I can't imagine living there again. I've never fancied Australia, US is full of yanks & I'm not sure about Canada, probably too cold for me.

I've imagined living on an island in the Pacific or Indian Ocean but I'd probably get bored after a short while, so NZ it is for me
Hey I have yanks! as you put it as friends so yeah I would fit in well
Old Oct 28th 2009, 12:03 am
Here in Dunedin

southerner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond repute

The UK. Proximity to family and Europe.
Old Oct 28th 2009, 1:07 am
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by southerner
The UK. Proximity to family and Europe.
If i was REALLY rich and didn't need to be reliant on a wage somewhere in europe like Italy or Mallorca. It would have to be by the sea. I think the ONLY other place I would realistically be happy to live given that we need a wage is Oz, thus I would settle in Tazzy.
Old Oct 28th 2009, 5:01 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Hey I have yanks! as you put it as friends so yeah I would fit in well
Erm, sorry Mind you OH was in your neck of the woods yesterday & I shan't tell you what he said about it

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.