Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

I should be packing boxes...

I should be packing boxes...

Old Aug 29th 2006, 11:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

poppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I should be packing boxes...

Originally Posted by Jude J
A girl!
Hurrah!!!!! Soooo over the moon happy for you, cant believe I genuinely feel this happy for someone I have never met!
I honestly have goose bumps all over my arms!
Glad to hear it is all going well.
Enjoy your new surroundings, it sounds wonderful.

ditto to that , congrats sarah, you'll soon be shopping for everyhthing thats pink
Old Aug 30th 2006, 12:46 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute

ermmmmmmmmm..... already started this morning poppets

Thanks guys for the congrats..... it still seems strange to be having a girl but I'm sure we will get used to the idea. Need some suggestions for names though as we dont agree on anything....... middle name will probably be Elizabeth as thats a family name so what goes with that?? We never agree on girls names although had a few if it was a boy. Its such a novelty this time to know the sex in advance.... I think its brilliant.... I wasnt allowed to know back in Peterborough, UK.
Old Aug 30th 2006, 1:07 am
BE Forum Addict

Jude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by SarahB
ermmmmmmmmm..... already started this morning poppets

Thanks guys for the congrats..... it still seems strange to be having a girl but I'm sure we will get used to the idea. Need some suggestions for names though as we dont agree on anything....... middle name will probably be Elizabeth as thats a family name so what goes with that?? We never agree on girls names although had a few if it was a boy. Its such a novelty this time to know the sex in advance.... I think its brilliant.... I wasnt allowed to know back in Peterborough, UK.
We didn't have a name for our daughter either, we named her Hannah in the end as it was the only one we both liked. Then about an hour after she was born the song Lola was on the radio. That had been on my list but hubby wasn't keen. Anyway, as you can imagine, we heard the song during a very emotional time and decided to give her two first names (middle name already decided, also a family name!) so she became Hannah-Lola, but within weeks we dropped the Hannah and she is just our Lola! Funny thing though, our family in UK mostly still call her Hannah, as do a few friends here that dont see her much, and I find I easily switch between her two names depending on who I am talking to!

So, you've already been in Pumpkin Patch etc?! When is she due?
Old Aug 30th 2006, 10:40 am
BE Forum Addict

danny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond repute

Hiya guys..... have missed you all!! Have moved house OK (ended up with horrendous back pain though... my fault!! )..... the internet has literally just been connected. I will pop on later when nipper is asleep to catch up with you all.

We love our new house, we are surrounded by gorgeous trees and theres plenty of room.... will say more later.

One bit of news I HAVE to tell you is that we had the 20 wk scan yesterday and our son is going to get a SISTER!! Yes, its a dinky little girl and everything looks ok so far... I am still a bit in shock....

Laters

SarahB
Sorry love-just seen the post-so happy for you and your future phone bill!!!
1 each-lurvly,my wife and I are so happy foryou both. Glad all is ok. x
Old Aug 30th 2006, 10:48 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute

We didn't have a name for our daughter either, we named her Hannah in the end as it was the only one we both liked. Then about an hour after she was born the song Lola was on the radio. That had been on my list but hubby wasn't keen. Anyway, as you can imagine, we heard the song during a very emotional time and decided to give her two first names (middle name already decided, also a family name!) so she became Hannah-Lola, but within weeks we dropped the Hannah and she is just our Lola! Funny thing though, our family in UK mostly still call her Hannah, as do a few friends here that dont see her much, and I find I easily switch between her two names depending on who I am talking to!

So, you've already been in Pumpkin Patch etc?! When is she due?
I only bought a couple of pinky patterned fleecy throws as I bought a couple for the cats to sleep on too. Next week when nipper goes to pre-school I'll pop to Botany and have a look around and see what I need.

Bub is due on 19th January but I'm having a c-sect first week in January at about 38 weeks so I'm over half way now Somehow its made it all more exciting for me now I know its a girl.... of course I wouldve loved another boy too but this is unknown territory for us and so new and exciting.
Old Aug 30th 2006, 10:49 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by danny.f
Sorry love-just seen the post-so happy for you and your future phone bill!!!
1 each-lurvly,my wife and I are so happy foryou both. Glad all is ok. x
Thanks danny. Hows things with you anyway?
Old Aug 30th 2006, 10:59 am
BE Forum Addict

danny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks danny. Hows things with you anyway?

Damned fine girl,thank you. In tonight but wifey's on an early so got the boys.
S'posed to be ironing but every 5th item it leaks like a 89 yr old with bad prostates.
Waiting for our bloody University to get its act together. Were waiting for it to get our training transcripts together,been 6 weeks now,until then can't put in our application.
Already told work we're leaving 29/10,and our leaving do is 11/11,and was hoping to fly out end November. Doing my shaven head right in,it is.
And apart from all that-our rented property is sold,so we've got about 6 weeks accomodation left. Bugger. Still dead relaxed though,cos I know it's going to happen,so just keeping the BP in order.
How's you? you must be starting to get a little more uncomfy now-or are you bloomin lovely?
Old Aug 30th 2006, 11:16 am
BE Forum Addict

Damned fine girl,thank you. In tonight but wifey's on an early so got the boys.
S'posed to be ironing but every 5th item it leaks like a 89 yr old with bad prostates.
Waiting for our bloody University to get its act together. Were waiting for it to get our training transcripts together,been 6 weeks now,until then can't put in our application.
Already told work we're leaving 29/10,and our leaving do is 11/11,and was hoping to fly out end November. Doing my shaven head right in,it is.
And apart from all that-our rented property is sold,so we've got about 6 weeks accomodation left. Bugger. Still dead relaxed though,cos I know it's going to happen,so just keeping the BP in order.
How's you? you must be starting to get a little more uncomfy now-or are you bloomin lovely?
Wow.... its all happening for you. I dont even know what month it is most of the time.... we had a Playgroup meeting tonight and suddenly realised that its the end of August and that we have to plan our christmas party for the kids soon.... these back to front seasons mess with ya head!!

I was feeling great til I got that dose of flu the other week now I feel a bit fat and uncomfortable.... certainly not blooming now. Ive been suffering with a pain thats like sciatica lately so have taken it easy today and its a lot better.... I hope its just coz I moved house and did too much. TBH I hate being pregnant... I didnt like it first time around and this time I had more sickness.... I'm looking forward to when its all over..... hell then the sleepless nights arrive..... lol.... jeez why didnt I stick with just one?

Off to bed now as its getting late... have a good-un.

SarahB
Old Aug 30th 2006, 10:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

poppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond repute

ok names , i'll list my friends kids names see if any appeal

maya
anya
olivia
ruby
millie
poppy
lucy
mia

ok stuck now, i'll have a think maybe i'll come up with something different like
daffodil raindrop!!!!

happy shopping
Old Aug 30th 2006, 11:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by poppets
ok names , i'll list my friends kids names see if any appeal

maya
anya
olivia
ruby
millie
poppy
lucy
mia

ok stuck now, i'll have a think maybe i'll come up with something different like
daffodil raindrop!!!!

happy shopping
Some classy Lpool names,true,but not very confidential;
Lacey Curtains
Crystal Ball
Kizzy Nodwell
Demi-Leigh (hundreds of them)
Gordon Bennett

Mates names- Jessica,Mia,Bethany (mine),Niamh (pronounced Neeeeemhhhhhhh),Charlotte,Eva Rose (honest),Daisy,Jasmine,Aimi,Jennie,Becky,Victoria (without a pout),
Old Aug 31st 2006, 12:25 am
BE Forum Addict

Victoria (without a pout),

ok thought of some more

amber
felicia
fleur
amiee
imogen
yasmin
Old Aug 31st 2006, 12:36 am
BE Forum Addict

Jude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by poppets

ok thought of some more

amber
felicia
fleur
amiee
imogen
yasmin

no-one mentioned Madison yet? I thought there were thousands of those on every street in uk?
Old Aug 31st 2006, 1:05 am
BE Forum Addict

no-one mentioned Madison yet? I thought there were thousands of those on every street in uk?

ok,what about-currently in hosp here:
Eboney,Tiffany,Grace,Eleanor,Porscha(!!!),Taylor-Lea,Lucy,Paige,Chelsea,Alisha,Tania,Rebecca,Lily,T illy,Milly,Jilly,Sabrina,Isabella,Ava Mary-Ann ,and for the more cosmopolitan, Halima Yasir or Prabhleen!! Well,it is Liverpool.
Old Aug 31st 2006, 1:19 am
BE Forum Addict

ok,what about-currently in hosp here:
Eboney,Tiffany,Grace,Eleanor,Porscha(!!!),Taylor-Lea,Lucy,Paige,Chelsea,Alisha,Tania,Rebecca,Lily,T illy,Milly,Jilly,Sabrina,Isabella,Ava Mary-Ann ,and for the more cosmopolitan, Halima Yasir or Prabhleen!! Well,it is Liverpool.
ok how about names of people you went to school with for example i went to school with a girl called Muff (honest), jayden, katelyn, kara, megan, morag

Last edited by poppets; Aug 31st 2006 at 1:32 am.
Old Aug 31st 2006, 10:00 am
BE Forum Addict

Thanks guys.... some nice names there... I have written down the ones I like and will ask OH what he thinks to them at some point. I think over the next few weeks everytime I hear a name I like I will write it down else I just forget what it was...