Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Hubby kicking off about cost of dogs?!

Hubby kicking off about cost of dogs?!

Old Aug 25th 2006, 10:24 pm

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Hubby kicking off about cost of dogs?!

Originally Posted by helinuk

LOL
Funny- this forum chatting- we'll never meet in uk (you being in Cornwall and us in Surrey), but might in NZ cos we are looking at Tauranga too!

I always have a giggle at 'Maersk'- the Swedes who lived in same condo as us in Sing. worked for Maersk and when they pronounced it it sounded like it rhymed with Smerf, that silly song.. I'm rambling must have had too many G&Ts in the kiwi bar. I'm off to bed.
Nite, nite Helen. Well done with e-bay & work. You blooming bionic woman you!
Old Aug 27th 2006, 7:46 pm

Originally Posted by Am Loolah
Nite, nite Helen. Well done with e-bay & work. You blooming bionic woman you!
We have now decided to get roughly 4 quotes for pets and furniture and then have enough info to make a decision, not just based on price, but full service, professionalism etc. Coz we're very grown up!
Am I right in thinking Golden Arrow do both then? Wasn't aware they did pets. Must give them a ring, they don't have a website do they?
Old Aug 27th 2006, 11:40 pm
Forum Regular

leedge has a spectacular aura aboutleedge has a spectacular aura aboutleedge has a spectacular aura about

We have now decided to get roughly 4 quotes for pets and furniture and then have enough info to make a decision, not just based on price, but full service, professionalism etc. Coz we're very grown up!
Am I right in thinking Golden Arrow do both then? Wasn't aware they did pets. Must give them a ring, they don't have a website do they?
I fairly certain that the only thing Golden Arrow do is ship animals - think they might be quite amused if you ask them about your furniture

And no, they don't *do* websites or email, good old fashioned telephone I'm afraid....it's the personal touch! Sorry I can't give you their number. My dogs go off to them of Tuesday

Laurence
Old Aug 28th 2006, 12:15 am
BE Forum Addict

poppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by leedge
I fairly certain that the only thing Golden Arrow do is ship animals - think they might be quite amused if you ask them about your furniture

And no, they don't *do* websites or email, good old fashioned telephone I'm afraid....it's the personal touch! Sorry I can't give you their number. My dogs go off to them of Tuesday

Laurence
01588 680240 - golden arrow tel no.
Old Aug 28th 2006, 9:49 pm

Originally Posted by pixi-dust
hey loolah! ( pleased to meet another fairy overuser of the exclamation mark!)

Anyway, where was your quote from - it seems really expensive. Last year our friends took over their humungous pooch ( hes quite chubby really) and he was 1100 pounds.

Ours came as a job lot ( 2 cats and a dog) so I dont know individual costs.

We looked into doing it ourselves - but it was so difficult and TBH I dont even know if there is a way!! We couldnt find it.
The blood tests and stuff are very anal - if you go with a carrier ( well ours did) they do all the paperwork, dates, sample bottles - everything - out vet was over the moon cos when we said she had to do tests for animals going to NZ she nearly collapsed - cos its notoriously hard.

Wish I could send you back our crate to save you some money!

oh forgot to say - our quote included the hand making of the crate made to measure!
Hey Pixie, Fairy here - who made your crates and who did you use?
Old Aug 28th 2006, 9:55 pm

Originally Posted by Liz & Co
A 40foot high cube container costs £2,200 to ship from Southampton Docks to Auckland, including all handling and customs paper work charges. Packing material has been put through the books at work so no cost to us!! We were first quoted £30,000.00 for the boat to be shipped - Husband has got that down to £15,00.00 and falling!! He will have plenty of time to spend packing as there be no cooking for him, just take-out as I will already be in NZ. SO A SAVING OF £5,300 - I'm beginning to see his point.

Liz & Co
Hi Liz,

My hubby wants to know do you get a removals company pack a lorry and take it to the container and then load the container at the docks or does the container come to your house and your hubby packs the container and then he/driver takes is to the docks?

Thank you!
Old Aug 29th 2006, 6:11 am
Forum Regular

Liz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud of

Hi Liz,

My hubby wants to know do you get a removals company pack a lorry and take it to the container and then load the container at the docks or does the container come to your house and your hubby packs the container and then he/driver takes is to the docks?

Thank you!
Dear Am Loolah

The container will arrive to our factory, hubby will pack and container company will then collect it later. It could also come to the house.

Liz & Co
Old Aug 29th 2006, 6:35 am
A land far far away

pixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Pixie, Fairy here - who made your crates and who did you use?
Hi
we used Golden Arrow and they did the crates.
We had to still take the animals to the vets to get the tests required - but GA did everything else - they also did all the paperwork to take to the vets with all the dates of when things needed to be done. Our vet had had to get a few dogs into NZ and said that GA were the most organised shippers she'd ever seen!