Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

How Very Dare They??

How Very Dare They??

Old May 23rd 2007, 9:05 pm

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point
Default How Very Dare They??

Estate Agents in the UK emailed last week telling us our purchasers are looking to complete by the 8th June. Fab as we move into our new house here on the 1st so all ticketyboo.

Just got email from our solicitor saying they want to exchange mid-June and complete ... mid August? WTF??!!!

I have sent 2 (yes, I had to add more along the lines of being incensed!) emails back saying absolutely bloody not. So now have probably cut nose off to spite face by saying they have until 1st June to exchange and 29th June to complete. Bear in mind we agreed on accepting their offer that we wanted 28 days to exchange and 28 days to completion and have already moved once on this.

Why are people so annoying?! Why can't everyone follow my example and be perfect?!

Arghhhhhhh!!!
Old May 24th 2007, 12:08 am
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How Very Dare They??

Originally Posted by Am Loolah
Estate Agents in the UK emailed last week telling us our purchasers are looking to complete by the 8th June. Fab as we move into our new house here on the 1st so all ticketyboo.

Just got email from our solicitor saying they want to exchange mid-June and complete ... mid August? WTF??!!!

I have sent 2 (yes, I had to add more along the lines of being incensed!) emails back saying absolutely bloody not. So now have probably cut nose off to spite face by saying they have until 1st June to exchange and 29th June to complete. Bear in mind we agreed on accepting their offer that we wanted 28 days to exchange and 28 days to completion and have already moved once on this.

Why are people so annoying?! Why can't everyone follow my example and be perfect?!

Arghhhhhhh!!!
They've obviously never seen a p***ed off Fairy!!
Old May 24th 2007, 5:41 am
Forum Regular

dash1965 has much to be proud ofdash1965 has much to be proud ofdash1965 has much to be proud ofdash1965 has much to be proud ofdash1965 has much to be proud ofdash1965 has much to be proud ofdash1965 has much to be proud ofdash1965 has much to be proud ofdash1965 has much to be proud ofdash1965 has much to be proud ofdash1965 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Am Loolah

Arghhhhhhh!!!
That's unfortunate.

We have had a few delays ourselves. But be careful if you try hardball until you exchange contracts as it could all go belly up at this late stage and imagine if it all fell through now and you had to re-market.

The housing market is delicate at the moment with predictions that interest rates could soon climb to 6% and some people might get the jitters.

I would try to bite your lip and hold on if you can't get them to change their minds for an earlier completion.

Good luck
Old May 24th 2007, 8:41 am
BE Forum Addict

helinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond repute

oh dear AM that's not nice news to get just as you are moving into your new place.
But look how often we were messed around even on day of completion it fell through because the guy at bottom of chain didn't get his money through in time! We have at last completed on that house and hope to complete on the house we are buying next week- no chain there- phew.

Keep cool -(easier said than done I know!) things happen that are often out of your control so try to keep your buyer- it would surely be easier than going through whole thing again?!