Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

how much money do i need

how much money do i need

Old Aug 18th 2008, 4:59 pm
Forum Regular

paul2 has a brilliant futurepaul2 has a brilliant futurepaul2 has a brilliant futurepaul2 has a brilliant futurepaul2 has a brilliant futurepaul2 has a brilliant futurepaul2 has a brilliant future
Default how much money do i need

am coming over in jan have been asked to apply for residence now, ive been picket out the migrant pool! thing is my house is loosing money every day as things are not good on the housing market now, how much do i need to come over with if i start work straight away? got a job offer sorted,, help!!!
Old Aug 19th 2008, 1:14 am
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: how much money do i need

Originally Posted by paul2
am coming over in jan have been asked to apply for residence now, ive been picket out the migrant pool! thing is my house is loosing money every day as things are not good on the housing market now, how much do i need to come over with if i start work straight away? got a job offer sorted,, help!!!
Depends how much you will be earning. You will need quite a few ks just to get here presuming you will be bringing stuff with you? 2 adults, 3 kids all the immigration payments and a 40 ft container left us £12k ish lighter.

Rentals are around $1500 month, bills for utilities etc are around $700 per month then you have to factor in food..they say $250-$300 a week for a family of 4-5.

Look at www.ird.govt.nz that will tell you about the tax you will have to pay.

You pay from the 1st cent. If you are not hig earners..deemed less than $85k joint salary and you have kids there are family tax credits you can apply for once you have residency..the less you earn the more you get.

One of the principal graons (and why many jump ship for oz) is poor wages V hih housing and living costs in NZ.

DO YOUR SUMS!!!!! Good luck.
Old Aug 20th 2008, 1:45 am
BE Forum Addict

UKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Genesis
You pay from the 1st cent. If you are not hig earners..deemed less than $85k joint salary and you have kids there are family tax credits you can apply for once you have residency..the less you earn the more you get.
We don't get anything from Tax Credits and earn way under the $85k (one income) and I'm studying at Uni full-time with no student loans or allowances They gave us 2 measly payments then said we weren't entitled to anything! We have 3 kids too.
Old Aug 20th 2008, 2:44 am
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Michelle&Carl
We don't get anything from Tax Credits and earn way under the $85k (one income) and I'm studying at Uni full-time with no student loans or allowances They gave us 2 measly payments then said we weren't entitled to anything! We have 3 kids too.
Check it out, dunno if you are not doing the prerequisite hours..we had HUGE problems getting anything..but we perseverd..call the working for families taxcredit line..tell them exactly what you have and what you earn (all your kids will need IRD nos by the way)..I assume you are p/residents.

Chase them up..its worth it in the end..we got all ours back paid. Our income was around $80k..3 kids all under 8.

Good luck.!!
Old Aug 20th 2008, 7:47 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by paul2
Goodness, You do sound down in many of your posts..

When were you picked and with what points?

Tell us more about your job offer and what you do. Where are you going in NZ ? What dosh do you think you will have after you have paid for the usual expenses.

We are here

It's good to share.
Old Aug 20th 2008, 4:03 pm
Forum Regular

paul2 has a brilliant futurepaul2 has a brilliant futurepaul2 has a brilliant futurepaul2 has a brilliant futurepaul2 has a brilliant futurepaul2 has a brilliant futurepaul2 has a brilliant future

ive got a job offer in pahia on the north, a friend of mine knows him so thats sorted. ive been picket out the migrant pool and asked to apply for residence but we are hanging on to last minute as it only lasts 3 months. i have gone thro an imigration firm bay of islands been brilliant with me! i think the way things are going i am going to rent my house out which will leave me with around £3000 to come over with, i am a joiner and im shipping my tools over, surly its got to be better then grimsby!