Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Cambridge here we come!

Cambridge here we come!

Old Aug 18th 2008, 3:14 pm
Forum Regular

elsieB is a jewel in the roughelsieB is a jewel in the roughelsieB is a jewel in the roughelsieB is a jewel in the roughelsieB is a jewel in the rough
Default Cambridge here we come!

Hi guys,

Not sure if this thread already exists, but on advice from the new intro forum, Can I start one for all things Cambridge! Any advice and tips on the area would be much appreciated. Me, OH and 2 DD hope to arrive Oct/Nov 08from sunny Dorset!

Ps. Think you guys are all sooooo brave and mucho respect to all who have done the move already!
Old Aug 19th 2008, 11:20 am
Stoke City fanatic

nelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cambridge here we come!

Originally Posted by elsieB
Hi guys,

Not sure if this thread already exists, but on advice from the new intro forum, Can I start one for all things Cambridge! Any advice and tips on the area would be much appreciated. Me, OH and 2 DD hope to arrive Oct/Nov 08from sunny Dorset!

Ps. Think you guys are all sooooo brave and mucho respect to all who have done the move already!
Good luck guys can't give any advice on Cambridge but had to reply as we left Cambridge UK to come here
Old Aug 19th 2008, 5:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

j19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond repute

Hi guys,

Hi there, might seem a bit obvious but have you looked at www.cambridge.co.nz or www.cambridge4kids.co.nz or www.cambridgerealestate.co.nz
guess where we want to end up!! Visiting Cambridge in mid October.What made you want to got there?
Good luck

ps wasn't sure what '2DD' meant

Last edited by j19fmm; Aug 19th 2008 at 5:30 pm. Reason: sdded
Old Aug 19th 2008, 9:43 pm
Forum Regular

nic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to all

Originally Posted by j19fmm

Cheryl, I think it is two darling daughters! Oh and thanx for the birthday karma, I drank more than the extra glass of wine.... hope tim had a good birthday

nic

Last edited by nic.gem.soph; Aug 19th 2008 at 9:44 pm. Reason: still can't spell - blame hangover!
Old Aug 20th 2008, 2:49 pm
Forum Regular

elsieB is a jewel in the roughelsieB is a jewel in the roughelsieB is a jewel in the roughelsieB is a jewel in the roughelsieB is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by j19fmm
Hi there, might seem a bit obvious but have you looked at www.cambridge.co.nz or www.cambridge4kids.co.nz or www.cambridgerealestate.co.nz
guess where we want to end up!! Visiting Cambridge in mid October.What made you want to got there?
Good luck

We went over in February for a recce, stayed just outside cambridge in a great little bach! we chose Cambridge cos DH (dear husband) is going to be working in Te Awamutu area and we have friends living there already. It's also a lovely town with quite a good english contingent! we found it really nice. Just the sort of place to bring up 2 kids. However, we are open minded and will look all around the surrounding areas before we buy our first Kiwi home. Enjoy your visit in Oct. We hope to be out there around that time! Pop in for a glass of wine!!

Old Aug 20th 2008, 6:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

j19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond repute

We went over in February for a recce, stayed just outside cambridge in a great little bach! we chose Cambridge cos DH (dear husband) is going to be working in Te Awamutu area and we have friends living there already. It's also a lovely town with quite a good english contingent! we found it really nice. Just the sort of place to bring up 2 kids. However, we are open minded and will look all around the surrounding areas before we buy our first Kiwi home. Enjoy your visit in Oct. We hope to be out there around that time! Pop in for a glass of wine!!

Nice one Elsie, let me know when you arrive. We're doing a flying visit this time but plan to be in Cambridge itself for 8 days