How metric is NZ?

Old Feb 2nd 2007, 6:57 am
By name and by nature

Batty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How metric is NZ?

Originally Posted by Maz
Well that took a weird turn, but it's great to see you online Sarah! *waves*

That reminds me... so bra sizes are in centimetres too? I think I'll be carrying a tape measure around with me for the first few years. Uh... not that I'll go up to women wanting to measure their boobs or anything ... I'll leave that kind of thing to Doctor Jack. LOL!
No, they're not BUT they don't go 34,36 etc, they're 10a,b, & 12,a,b,etc.etc. and tbh I find it a lot easier that way
Old Feb 2nd 2007, 6:59 am
Banned

Jack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Batty
No, they're not BUT they don't go 34,36 etc, they're 10a,b, & 12,a,b,etc.etc. and tbh I find it a lot easier that way
Whats the a, b ect thingy?

Pictures speak a thousand words allegedly
Old Feb 2nd 2007, 7:04 am
By name and by nature

Batty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jack The Lad
Whats the a, b ect thingy?

Pictures speak a thousand words allegedly
A woman's greatest asset is a man's imagination
Old Feb 2nd 2007, 7:26 am
Forum Regular

Tooanfrom has much to be proud ofTooanfrom has much to be proud ofTooanfrom has much to be proud ofTooanfrom has much to be proud ofTooanfrom has much to be proud ofTooanfrom has much to be proud ofTooanfrom has much to be proud ofTooanfrom has much to be proud ofTooanfrom has much to be proud ofTooanfrom has much to be proud ofTooanfrom has much to be proud of

All metric except time--you have European time -Hrs Mins Secs--then you have Maori/Islander time, which is a unknown system to white people.

There is also a Tradesmen/service/repair person time system which is entirely different.Telecom have there own niche in this setup

Most interesting one is Builders--they work on the Gregorian Calender--set to 40 days after but not including the Crucifixion-but only if it is a Wednesday or Shrove Tuesday-but you must have a fish under each arm.

We will not go into T/V aerial installers
Old Feb 2nd 2007, 8:07 am
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

Yes sizes are 10, 12,14, etc ... a,b,c,d etc.
I didn't have a clue what size to get when I first arrived but it's fairly easy now.
Old Feb 2nd 2007, 3:56 pm
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Batty
Right now, that sounds really confusing especially as I'm measured differently depending on whether I go to a department store, or a proper lingerie shop, where my proper size is carried.
Old Feb 2nd 2007, 5:55 pm
Account Closed

mazi is an unknown quantity at this point

To be honest, the best thing you can do is not even look at the size, just try a load on and see which fits - because, as I'm sure you well know, it depends on the quality of the shop as to what they consider to be a size 12, for example. The lower quality shops' size 12 is more like a 10 or an 8 in a good quality shop. Every single bra I have is a different size with the exception of my M and S ones - good old, unchanging (if slightly boring) M and S.
Old Feb 2nd 2007, 5:59 pm
Banned

Jack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond repute

Can we change the subject back to boobies?
Old Feb 2nd 2007, 6:08 pm
Account Closed

Having said that about different bra sizes, part of the reason for that is that my boobs change by two cup sizes depending on the time of the month. I went to a real lingerie shop in NZ once and the woman didn't believe me when I told her that so I went back at the appropriate time of the month and she was gobsmacked.

Cheap shops do skimp on material though - not just in NZ, all over the world.
Old Feb 2nd 2007, 6:59 pm
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mazi
Having said that about different bra sizes, part of the reason for that is that my boobs change by two cup sizes depending on the time of the month. I went to a real lingerie shop in NZ once and the woman didn't believe me when I told her that so I went back at the appropriate time of the month and she was gobsmacked.

Cheap shops do skimp on material though - not just in NZ, all over the world.
Wow that's quite a change! Yeah I'll just go and get measured properly, but if we do make the move, I'm going to get a good stock of correctly-fitting 32D bras from my lingerie shop.
Old Feb 2nd 2007, 7:09 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Maz
Wow that's quite a change! Yeah I'll just go and get measured properly, but if we do make the move, I'm going to get a good stock of correctly-fitting 32D bras from my lingerie shop.
I know, it's bloody awful - I'm at that point in the month right now. When I was a teenager my mum was always asking me if I was pregnant, in a very accusatory way. She always discovered a few days later that I wasn't.
Old Feb 2nd 2007, 7:22 pm
Maz

Originally Posted by mazi
I know, it's bloody awful - I'm at that point in the month right now. When I was a teenager my mum was always asking me if I was pregnant, in a very accusatory way. She always discovered a few days later that I wasn't.
Too funny! I used to have to tell my Mum that I wasn't pregnant when I gagged when brushing my teeth, in case she thought I had morning sickness. I just have a weak gag reflex. Blimey, wish my boobs would grow a bunch when I was preparing to blob! (there you go, Jack, that better? )
Old Feb 2nd 2007, 7:25 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Maz
Too funny! I used to have to tell my Mum that I wasn't pregnant when I gagged when brushing my teeth, in case she thought I had morning sickness. I just have a weak gag reflex. Blimey, wish my boobs would grow a bunch when I was preparing to blob! (there you go, Jack, that better? )
I do the gagging thing too! Although that seems to be since I had my stomach ulcer.

Why do you wish your boobs would grow - you said you're a D cup!
Old Feb 2nd 2007, 7:33 pm
Banned

You two are bloody ( ) disgusting!!!

Keep it up
Old Feb 2nd 2007, 7:34 pm
Banned

Oh yeah, and if not careful I'll give you both summit to gag on

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.