British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   How metric is NZ? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/how-metric-nz-423004/)

Maz Feb 1st 2007 5:33 pm

How metric is NZ?

I know you lot down there use kilometres, and I'm happy enough with that. ;)

Are fruits and veggies weighed in pounds and ounces or kilos? How about newborn babies?

Are people's heights in feet and inches, or in metres and centimetres?

Can't think of anything else right now...

SarahB Feb 1st 2007 5:36 pm

Re: How metric is NZ?

Ha... can answer the baby one for you!! :D They are weighed in KGs!! But the midwifes are happy to convert the weight to pounds for you if you ask. My midwife has a converter she uses so obviously its a thing that happens regularly. If somebody tells me their baby weighed 3 and a half kilos I just look at them blankly... :o

Fruit and veggies are in KGs too.

Boopy Feb 1st 2007 5:42 pm

Yeah! they use metric. At work I have to take people's height in cm's - still can't compare with imperial.

Sarah - how are you and bubs, are you getting more sleep now.

happynz Feb 1st 2007 5:49 pm

Definitely metric.

SarahB Feb 1st 2007 5:55 pm

Originally Posted by Boopy (Post 4351154)
Yeah! they use metric. At work I have to take people's height in cm's - still can't compare with imperial.

Sarah - how are you and bubs, are you getting more sleep now.

Hiya.... on and off really. Wednesday night was awful as she wanted her bottle every single hour without fail... got no sleep at all. She also seems to dislike her moses basket and wont settle in it at all. Last night I decided that things cant get any worse and tried her in her cotbed... she looked a bit lost in there! She fell asleep straight away and woke once for her bottle at 3am and then slept like a good-un til 6am. Maybe just flukey or maybe the mattress is a lot more comfortable? I still feel tired though. :D

Jack The Lad Feb 1st 2007 6:47 pm

Originally Posted by SarahB (Post 4351188)
Hiya.... on and off really. Wednesday night was awful as she wanted her bottle every single hour without fail... got no sleep at all.

Stick a nipple in the mouth. Works on me :rofl:

Congratulations Sarah. I must have been away when she arrived :)

SarahB Feb 1st 2007 7:04 pm

Originally Posted by Jack The Lad (Post 4351365)
Stick a nipple in the mouth. Works on me :rofl:

Congratulations Sarah. I must have been away when she arrived :)

Thanks... she was born 10th January. Did you have a good trip??

Jack The Lad Feb 1st 2007 7:10 pm

Originally Posted by SarahB (Post 4351427)
Did you have a good trip??

Yes :thumbup:

Now back to your nipples. Where were we? :D

SarahB Feb 1st 2007 7:12 pm

Originally Posted by Jack The Lad (Post 4351451)
Yes :thumbup:

Now back to your nipples. Where were we? :D

Nowhere!! lol.... totally off topic for the poor OP!! BTW I'm bottle feeding and milk just about all dried up now... been left with yet bigger boobs again though! :D :D

sniffydog Feb 1st 2007 7:27 pm

Originally Posted by SarahB (Post 4351466)
Nowhere!! lol.... totally off topic for the poor OP!! BTW I'm bottle feeding and milk just about all dried up now... been left with yet bigger boobs again though! :D :D

cant believe this thread is on about the size of boobs!

poppets Feb 1st 2007 7:29 pm

Originally Posted by sniffydog (Post 4351530)
cant believe this thread is on about the size of boobs!

what do you expect when jacks involved!!

Jack The Lad Feb 1st 2007 7:53 pm

Ok back on topic :)

What size in metric are your norks now Sarah?

:rofl:

SarahB Feb 1st 2007 8:01 pm

Originally Posted by Jack The Lad (Post 4351645)
Ok back on topic :)

What size in metric are your norks now Sarah?

:rofl:

lol.... my OH says they are huge.... I keep telling him when I lose the weight Ive gained they will get smaller again. Lets change the subject! :rofl:

Maz Feb 2nd 2007 1:14 am

:lol: Well that took a weird turn, but it's great to see you online Sarah! *waves*

That reminds me... so bra sizes are in centimetres too? I think I'll be carrying a tape measure around with me for the first few years. :lol: Uh... not that I'll go up to women wanting to measure their boobs or anything :ohmy: ... I'll leave that kind of thing to Doctor Jack. LOL!

Jack The Lad Feb 2nd 2007 6:51 am

Originally Posted by Maz (Post 4352649)
:lol: Well that took a weird turn, but it's great to see you online Sarah! *waves*

That reminds me... so bra sizes are in centimetres too? I think I'll be carrying a tape measure around with me for the first few years. :lol: Uh... not that I'll go up to women wanting to measure their boobs or anything :ohmy: ... I'll leave that kind of thing to Doctor Jack. LOL!

See it was useful afterall :thumbup: