Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

How many are moving on?

How many are moving on?

Old Apr 18th 2008, 12:02 pm
Forum Regular

jomac1290 is just really nicejomac1290 is just really nicejomac1290 is just really nicejomac1290 is just really nicejomac1290 is just really nicejomac1290 is just really nicejomac1290 is just really nicejomac1290 is just really nicejomac1290 is just really nicejomac1290 is just really nicejomac1290 is just really nice
Default Re: Hi many are moving on?

Wexford . It is similar isn't it when I say that to people in the Uk i think they think its a cop out with it being so much nearer but actually lots of similarities people scenary and money is better! Really looking forward to it if only the house would sell!!!!!!
Old Apr 18th 2008, 1:44 pm
Just Joined

joanneroy is just really nicejoanneroy is just really nicejoanneroy is just really nicejoanneroy is just really nicejoanneroy is just really nicejoanneroy is just really nicejoanneroy is just really nicejoanneroy is just really nicejoanneroy is just really nicejoanneroy is just really nice

Originally Posted by crap coffee
hey

loads of people hate the U.K, however bloody many people do hate New Zealand too

if I win the lottery, I shall move back to the U.K
I think lifes pretty crazy, u love the country you live in or ya hate it. I live in the uk but hate it and there are so many reasons.
But you never know whther the country your going to live in is a country your gonna like either.
Alot of people i know have moved to a different country and after a few years moved back to uk.
Im pretty sure i wont.
Old Apr 18th 2008, 2:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

julesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to behold

me too
Old Apr 18th 2008, 5:04 pm
Forum Regular

saritabear is a name known to allsaritabear is a name known to allsaritabear is a name known to allsaritabear is a name known to allsaritabear is a name known to allsaritabear is a name known to allsaritabear is a name known to allsaritabear is a name known to allsaritabear is a name known to allsaritabear is a name known to allsaritabear is a name known to all

Originally Posted by joanneroy
I think lifes pretty crazy, u love the country you live in or ya hate it. I live in the uk but hate it and there are so many reasons.
But you never know whther the country your going to live in is a country your gonna like either.
Alot of people i know have moved to a different country and after a few years moved back to uk.
Im pretty sure i wont.
I don't hate the UK. I live in quite a nice area and am ok money wise but I'm going to NZ for lots of other reasons - family, scenery, challenge, better outlook for the kids etc. I think its very strong to say you hate somewhere. Sometimes its easier to see the bad in places and I think if you hate where you live already then its just putting wherever you're going under more pressure to live up to be the perfect spot. I have a friend who's lived in 5 different countries in the last 15 years and she's constantly chasing the perfect place. She gets somewhere, loves it and then slowly starts to see the bad bits and gets round to hating it and then moves on again.....
Anyway....good luck to you all whererever you go/end up.
Old Apr 18th 2008, 9:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

crap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by joanneroy
Im pretty sure i wont.
Obviously I don't hate NZ. I can live here just quietly (without too much fun/high expectations - I've got no social life here - the part of reason is Kiwi stuffs have never really interested me). well. things I don't like about this place is -- people (Kiwis have a reputation for being very reserved - basically they don't let you in), also the different (Maori) culture here. + no choice - when it comes to choice, it drives me mad enough.

NZ is a soulless country, that's about it - What the hell Kiwis know about Classical Music??

yes. I need to go to classical music concerts, and want to meet & talk with famous musicians

the beautiful scenery here is absolutely nothing for me

Last edited by crap coffee; Apr 18th 2008 at 9:32 pm.
Old Apr 18th 2008, 9:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ian & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS here

We are not currently looking to move from NZ at the moment. However, never say never. We have discussed perhaps moving from here in the future.
Ace.............we'd have baby sitters for a few months then

Were booked in July and October/November but could squeeze you in any other time!

Just got to get all the spare stuff (kettle etc) from Paula until your gear arrives so go on then ...............go book ya flights and chuck all your jumpers on trade me
Old Apr 18th 2008, 10:44 pm
Banned

The Bard of Wigan has a brilliant futureThe Bard of Wigan has a brilliant futureThe Bard of Wigan has a brilliant futureThe Bard of Wigan has a brilliant futureThe Bard of Wigan has a brilliant futureThe Bard of Wigan has a brilliant futureThe Bard of Wigan has a brilliant future

My mate & his wife are coming back & I never even got out there to see them.
Old Apr 18th 2008, 10:53 pm
By name and by nature

Batty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Bard of Wigan
My husband sells cars and he sold one 7 weeks ago to a couple who'd just arrived. They came back yesterday to sell it - they're giong back to the UK
Old Apr 18th 2008, 10:56 pm
Banned

The Bard of Wigan has a brilliant futureThe Bard of Wigan has a brilliant futureThe Bard of Wigan has a brilliant futureThe Bard of Wigan has a brilliant futureThe Bard of Wigan has a brilliant futureThe Bard of Wigan has a brilliant futureThe Bard of Wigan has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Batty
My husband sells cars and he sold one 7 weeks ago to a couple who'd just arrived. They came back yesterday to sell it - they're giong back to the UK
My mate says the cost of living has gone through the roof since they moved out in 2005 and they're struggling to make ends meet. Plus they miss friends and family.
Old Apr 18th 2008, 11:30 pm

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice

My mate says the cost of living has gone through the roof since they moved out in 2005 and they're struggling to make ends meet.
That's the same story all over. Food, petrol and assorted costs are going up everywhere.
Plus they miss friends and family.
I think that's the number one reason.
Old Apr 18th 2008, 11:32 pm
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Batty
That's hardly giving it a go...
Old Apr 18th 2008, 11:52 pm
Forum Regular

kooga61 has much to be proud ofkooga61 has much to be proud ofkooga61 has much to be proud ofkooga61 has much to be proud ofkooga61 has much to be proud ofkooga61 has much to be proud ofkooga61 has much to be proud ofkooga61 has much to be proud ofkooga61 has much to be proud ofkooga61 has much to be proud ofkooga61 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by owen
I'm here on a two year work to residency, so will make me mind up later.

Some issues I'm pondering
My work wants to invest in my future and send me to uni for post grad qualifications, they will then promote me. They will only send me to uni if I have residency and have asked me to change from my work visa at my expense.

The internet is lousy here.

I hate being so many flights away from my daughter. I deally would like to be one flight away.

There is so much to see/live/experience in the world, so little life.

I really can see myself living on a longer basis here in NZ, I can't put my finger on why cos there is soooo much wrong here, but it makes me feel good generally.

Money isn't a big issue for me, I'm not well paid but I get by comfortably (no family), but I had a suprising conversation with a colleague today. She has been here 18mths (me 5) and we agreed whilst we both found groceries and some other things expensive here, we are both managing to save money each month. We both were so skint in the UK, sliding slowly into debt every month. I haven't figured out why yet.

Oh yeah and the internet isn;t so great here. I used to download a lot of TV in the UK and then have my own TV on demand. I have improved the speed enough to see my little girl on video skype now which is great (cos I can stay) but download is impossible.
Hi, As a matter of interest, which sited do you download uk programmes from?
Old Apr 18th 2008, 11:56 pm
Banned

Anyway, if you want to reminisce have a look at my homepage and see why coming home is a good/bad. Click on my name, 4th link down idea.

Last edited by The Bard of Wigan; Apr 19th 2008 at 12:02 am.
Old Apr 19th 2008, 8:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ian & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond repute

Is he a roofer from near Plat Bridge?
Old Apr 19th 2008, 9:05 pm
Just Joined

joanneroy is just really nicejoanneroy is just really nicejoanneroy is just really nicejoanneroy is just really nicejoanneroy is just really nicejoanneroy is just really nicejoanneroy is just really nicejoanneroy is just really nicejoanneroy is just really nicejoanneroy is just really nice

Anyway, if you want to reminisce have a look at my homepage and see why coming home is a good/bad. Click on my name, 4th link down idea.
Hi there your i read a few bits on your home page its so right thats how it is here nowdays you have got straight to the point

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.