Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

How many are moving on?

How many are moving on?

Old May 20th 2008, 4:51 am
BE Forum Addict

Nice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Hi many are moving on?

Originally Posted by cathyc
I said the moving back to the UK forum or Australia but I'm sure I remember you posting on the Australian board.
Hmmmmmmmmmm...............you could be right......but some of them are a scary lot, I don't go there often.

Originally Posted by Ray
Thats cos your into the TIO filth and debauchery ....
Who me????

'Tis true...............oh the filth and debauchery!
Old May 20th 2008, 4:59 am
NO ADDED SUGAR

I_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Hi many are moving on?

Originally Posted by Nice Guy
'Tis true...............oh the filth and debauchery!
I'm obviously missing out on something.
Old May 20th 2008, 5:02 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by I_Will_Freckle
I'm obviously missing out on something.
Only the fearless enter the Lounge and TIO
Old May 20th 2008, 5:03 am
NO ADDED SUGAR

I_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Ray
Only the fearless enter the Lounge and TIO
I have entered but didn't find much filth and debauchery. Maybe you guys clean up just before I visit?
Old May 20th 2008, 5:08 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by I_Will_Freckle
I have entered but didn't find much filth and debauchery. Maybe you guys clean up just before I visit?
You obviously very unshockable ..
Old May 20th 2008, 7:42 am
Banned

pascalr is just really nicepascalr is just really nicepascalr is just really nicepascalr is just really nicepascalr is just really nicepascalr is just really nicepascalr is just really nicepascalr is just really nicepascalr is just really nicepascalr is just really nice

Originally Posted by katypie
Pascair you should take some of your own advice.

But since you've popped up again I'd like to say that unlike everyone else on this forum you completely missed the point of my post or you didn't even bother to read it. Either way, your response made you look a bit stupid. If you'd taken the time to read it before responding in such a hostile manner you would have realised that I said I loved living in London, despite some of the things about it I dont find so great.

And never for one moment did I say, or even imply, NZ was perfect - its definitely got its faults, just like any other country.

You don't have to agree with me. You don't have to agree with anyone on here. And I don't think anyone expects you to. But most other people on here are capable of having a healthy adult debate and expressing their opinions in a non-offensive manner.

No I completely disagree with you!

London, ok no beaches-Auckland, rubbish beaches with either no waves or the ones that do have waves will drown you!

Auckland is a complete dump, end of.

London has soul a heart and interesting people. Er what does Auckland have, oh yeah P Labs........and nasty unpleasant people.

So next time you have a sly dig at MY city allow me to respond.
Old May 20th 2008, 7:43 am
Banned

pascalr is just really nicepascalr is just really nicepascalr is just really nicepascalr is just really nicepascalr is just really nicepascalr is just really nicepascalr is just really nicepascalr is just really nicepascalr is just really nicepascalr is just really nice

Originally Posted by southerner
Prattle, prattle, prattle:

Again you're trying to talk for 'everyone' when it is obvious from these boards and from statistics that most people are fairly to extremely happy with their move to NZ.

And the same things that NZ or NZers portray themselves with (eg. laidback lifestyle, good for kids, access to stunning countryside) are the same things that most immigrants quote as their favourite things about NZ. Maybe you disagree with the majority, and thats fine.

Looking at the other side of the coin (the negatives). Even a very cursory review of NZ press will highlight most of the big issues NZers and immigrants to NZ face. Sometimes I wonder if the only research some people have done is watch LOTR and read some tourist brochures - so indignant are they when they identify there are some issues to go along with the opportunities.

To NZGrl: I'm not moving on, but wouldn't rule it out entirely, and if we did move on it would most likely be to the UK because of family and earning opportunities.
Ok so why don't we conduct some kind of poll on here and really see who Loves this place and who loathes it?
Old May 20th 2008, 7:48 am
Here in Dunedin

southerner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond repute

Off you go then...you can word it however you like...
Old May 20th 2008, 7:56 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Ray
Thats not nice ...

Southerener carry on prattling as much as you like ....
So said the drone to the prattler....
Old May 20th 2008, 7:58 am
Banned

Originally Posted by southerner
Off you go then...you can word it however you like...
I reckon you have a lot of time on your hands so why dont you go right ahead.

You always seem so confident in your convictions so come on then who hand on heart actually likes this dump?
Old May 20th 2008, 8:23 am
BE Enthusiast

julesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by pascalr
you will never understand so why you spend your time making stupid little prattles on here is beyond me and a waste of time.
Much like what you do then mate!:curse:

Last edited by julesnye; May 20th 2008 at 8:25 am.
Old May 20th 2008, 9:45 am
BE Enthusiast

whitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to behold

I appreciate that many folks come to NZ and are happy with what they see and what they've got. However, I think it's rather tiresome to keep saying that NZ's main agttraction is laidback lifestyle, good for kids and stunning scenery.

It's pretty difficulty to be laidback if you can't pay bills or afford the expensive rents or over-priced houses. Also, children need more than open space and sport to survive. They need intellectual and cultural challenges. And as for stunning scenery - well there are are hundreds of places in the world where the scenery is stunning and some also have infrastrucsture in place to back up such scenery.

A much more honest and realistic way towards promoting NZ as an attracrtive place would be if folks could get fairer house prices and cheaper rentals and better shopping and supermarket facilites. This would give a far greater incentive to them.
Old May 20th 2008, 10:30 am
Here in Dunedin

southerner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by whitesand
I appreciate that many folks come to NZ and are happy with what they see and what they've got. However, I think it's rather tiresome to keep saying that NZ's main agttraction is laidback lifestyle, good for kids and stunning scenery.
It might be tiresome - but for many who overall enjoy living in NZ it is what it is.

Theres no doubt NZ is not for everyone, but for some people the things NZ does well are the things that really matter to them. The shopping, being better off financially, being wired into to global affairs are things perhaps to be missed, but for some are not the be all and end all.
Old May 20th 2008, 10:47 am
BE Forum Addict

Woodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pascalr
I reckon you have a lot of time on your hands so why dont you go right ahead.

You always seem so confident in your convictions so come on then who hand on heart actually likes this dump?

Me
Old May 20th 2008, 11:10 am
Forum Regular

Liz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Woodlea
Me
Me too!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.