How many dogs?

Old Aug 13th 2008, 1:04 pm
Just Joined

flickjohnson is an unknown quantity at this point
Default How many dogs?

At the moment, we are researching as much information as we can concerning NZ, and one of my main priorities is my dogs ..... all six of them! Can anyone tell me how many dogs you are allowed to bring in to NZ/keep at one property? I've heard it is three but I'm not sure that is right
Old Aug 13th 2008, 7:18 pm
A land far far away

pixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How many dogs?

Im sorry i cant help properly, as i think a lot of it will depend on if there are covenants on the land and which area you're planning to live in. Best bet would be to contact the council of where you're going to be and ask them. We have 3 dogs and that's fine.
Old Aug 13th 2008, 7:44 pm
Happy in Wellington

RobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond repute

In Wellington if you want more than a certain number of dogs (either two or three I can't recall) you have to apply for a special licence and get consent from your neighbours.
Old Aug 13th 2008, 8:53 pm

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by RobClubley
In Wellington if you want more than a certain number of dogs (either two or three I can't recall) you have to apply for a special licence and get consent from your neighbours.
It's over 2 here in the Tauranga district. Plus you have to pay to register them annually. And yes get neighbours' consent and believe have a certain square meterage?

Like pixidust said - find the local council website and look on there.

Cheers.
Old Aug 13th 2008, 8:55 pm
A land far far away

pixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond repute

I should have probably said we live on a small farm, maybe that's why three was ok.
I wish you all the luck.
Old Aug 14th 2008, 9:04 am
Just Joined

flickjohnson is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for all the replys, we are looking to move to somewhere with land/smallholding rather than in the city so, from what I can gather, things are sounding quite positive to own 2-3 dogs, but as has been stated, it seems to depend a lot on the area we decide to settle.

Thanks guys