Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

How do we cross-credit daughter's GCSE results with NCEA please?

How do we cross-credit daughter's GCSE results with NCEA please?

Old Feb 23rd 2013, 2:01 am
Who me ?

Fireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of light
Default How do we cross-credit daughter's GCSE results with NCEA please?

Hi All,

Been a while since i was on here, life is awesome !
Question for all the knowledgable one's out there.....
My ex sister in law and her partner are moving out here in a few months time with my niece (who i haven't seen in 7 years!!!!)....and i'm trying to help my niece out.......she has sat her GCSE's and got her grades etc and is doing her A Levels.......how does she cross credit her results from GCSE's to NZQA ?
She doesn't want to have to go back to school to re do exams all over again !

Any idea's, help or suggestions gratefully recieved !!

Many thanks...

Fireman Al
Old Feb 23rd 2013, 3:15 am
Forum Regular

rossojo will become famous soon enoughrossojo will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Advise needed !

My son finished year 11 with his GCSE's in the UK and started year 13 over here and gained levels 1, 2 and 3 in one year, achieving university entrance. I think it will depend on the school and the child though. My son had to do English and Maths to fulfil the literacy and numeracy, as well as the reading and writing credits required.
Old Feb 23rd 2013, 4:44 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Advise needed !

If they know where they are heading I would personally contact the colleges/Uni's in that area and ask them
Old Feb 26th 2013, 8:31 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: How do we cross-credit daughter's GCSE results with NCEA please?

Hi there. Lovely to see you.

I've tweaked your title to better reflect your question.
Old Feb 26th 2013, 8:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

chippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond repute

Take a look here -

http://www.immigration.govt.nz/NR/rd...6Education.pdf

page 10 in particular gives an indication. Hope it helps a bit
Old Feb 27th 2013, 7:50 am
BE Forum Addict

RobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond repute

Our daughter did her GCSE's just before we arrived here in 2009.
She did extremely well, and passed them all with flying colours.
Unfortunately they meant didley squat here and she ended up repeating her final year again here to get her enough credits to go to tech.
I would echo the above comments and contact any potential school directly and see what their policy is.
From what we have since found out, some schools will take previous exam results in account, most don't.
Old Feb 27th 2013, 8:04 am
Forum Regular

killercat has much to be proud ofkillercat has much to be proud ofkillercat has much to be proud ofkillercat has much to be proud ofkillercat has much to be proud ofkillercat has much to be proud ofkillercat has much to be proud ofkillercat has much to be proud ofkillercat has much to be proud ofkillercat has much to be proud ofkillercat has much to be proud of

mY daughter completed her GSCE's prior to our move, she continued to do Cambridge here gaining 3 A levels and has just started uni this week, Cambridge is recognised and depending on what her marks are for the A levels she should have enough points. However if she doesn't depending on what she wants to study she can do a pre course to gain entry level. Have a look at the course entry at the various uni's to gain a better idea of the credits needed.
Old Feb 27th 2013, 3:23 pm
Forum Regular

northeastlad has a reputation beyond reputenortheastlad has a reputation beyond reputenortheastlad has a reputation beyond reputenortheastlad has a reputation beyond reputenortheastlad has a reputation beyond reputenortheastlad has a reputation beyond reputenortheastlad has a reputation beyond reputenortheastlad has a reputation beyond reputenortheastlad has a reputation beyond reputenortheastlad has a reputation beyond reputenortheastlad has a reputation beyond repute

I have a similar question in regards to this.

I have three A-Levels and a GNVQ: what's their equivalent NZQA levels (if any)? I ask just because one of my A-Levels and the GNVQ is in a "future growth area" which would add extra points to the points based test for EOIs.