How to change NZ?

Old Mar 19th 2008, 1:59 am

Nerine is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: How to change NZ?

Yes, they should start with banning terms such as "whinging pom" and "Bl***y Asian"
Old Mar 19th 2008, 2:00 am
NO ADDED SUGAR

I_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Nerine
Yes, they should start with banning terms such as "whinging pom" and "Bl***y Asian"
It doesn't sit well with the image of a welcoming country in need of migrants' skills, does it?
Old Mar 19th 2008, 2:08 am

No. Both terms are degrogatory and distasteful.

I may have never had someone call me whinging pom to my face but it obviously goes on. I have however, heard the "Asian" term bandied about quite freely even by kids in NZ, and have heard adults repeating incredibly racist statements such as un-vaccinated Koreans were responsible for bringing disease into the country.

With such sentiments entire communities are dismissed and de-personalised with a single comment.
Old Mar 19th 2008, 2:12 am
Banned

Campbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to behold

I guess you can change the outlook of people offering " negative" input on the forum by offering a

tell us the negatives but also how to fix it

Jedi mind tricks
Old Mar 19th 2008, 2:17 am

That's just the old "don't bring me a problem unless you also tell me the solution" trick.
Old Mar 19th 2008, 2:20 am
NO ADDED SUGAR

I_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to behold

repeating incredibly racist statements such as un-vaccinated Koreans were responsible for bringing disease into the country.
To be fair, I've heard the same sentiments from UK GPs!
Old Mar 19th 2008, 2:31 am
Banned

Campbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to behold

That's just the old "don't bring me a problem unless you also tell me the solution" trick.

maybe the ingnore button is pressed in again
Old Mar 19th 2008, 3:07 am
Winter hibernator

Ted Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to behold

You mean you have never heard that in Oz.
Old Mar 19th 2008, 3:08 am
NO ADDED SUGAR

Originally Posted by Ted Logan
Yes - they should be banned here too.
Old Mar 19th 2008, 3:10 am

Absolutely.
Old Mar 19th 2008, 3:11 am
Here in Dunedin

southerner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond repute

Makes sense - usually the problem is evident, the solution is not.
Old Mar 19th 2008, 3:12 am
Banned

Default Re: How to change NZ? and Oz - gee we are busy

Originally Posted by Ted Logan
Are we trying to fix Australians problems in this thread too

I thought this was a New Zealand problem & solution thread

I guess I am just being negative again
Old Mar 19th 2008, 3:19 am
Banned

Originally Posted by southerner
Well not always the case mate

I have started a few threads on this forum regarding evident problems in NZ but most folk ( including you ) blasted me and in most responses told me that the UK and Australia has problems also and the problem is my negative character.

As you can see the thread is already gone the way of pointing fingers to Australia

Last edited by Campbells; Mar 19th 2008 at 3:22 am.
Old Mar 19th 2008, 3:30 am

Originally Posted by southerner
No, it doesn't make sense

Very often it's used a lazy device to prevent people from raising an issue.
Old Mar 19th 2008, 3:32 am

(ring any bells? )

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.