Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

House still not sold [part 2 ]

House still not sold [part 2 ]

Old Jul 1st 2010, 6:07 pm
Near the outer fringe

JohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: House still not sold [part 2 ]

Originally Posted by yjx1nt7
Thank you for the positive advice you have given me,
I started this thread to simply see if any of you were in the same boat as us, I did nt expect such a strong debate !!
It doesn't seem to take much for people to go off on one. Me included.

Our house went onto the rental market yesterday and we have two viewers coming on Monday. Have you decided what to do yet or are you just sitting tight for the time being?
Old Jul 1st 2010, 11:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

londonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of light

Hi
Thought I d carry on the thread as wondered if anyone here is in the same position as us.
PR granted but can t go due to house not sold. Looked into renting but so many pitfalls it really is nt worth it financially
So we have now dropped the price again We were so excited when our passports were returned and now feel so disheartened were starting to say if we go to New Zealand not when we go.
Jo
Hi there, how stressful for you we had something similar and now rent our flat out in London - it was hellish but worth it in the end! Happy to PM you about various options we explored if that is helpful to you.

Some posters I've seen have taken mortgage repayment holidays to help them with the move whilst waiting for the house to sell - could that be an option?

Fingers crossed for you

Last edited by londonescapee; Jul 1st 2010 at 11:40 pm. Reason: pruning
Old Jul 2nd 2010, 7:23 am
BE Enthusiast

janeyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond repute

my heart goes out to you all, we were in a similar position in 2008, in fact I nearly said no to a job offer because and would you believe that weekend we sol the house after months of no activity (we had the house on the market for 12 months) we did take a big hit but still made on the property a gain is not a gain until its realised, we than left to start a new life in Wellington however due to family reason we have now returned, but fingers crossed will be returning to NZ some time soon. I am a great believer in fate and when the timings is right it will happen fingers crossedfor you all, the market in COrnwall is moving even houses now on for 12 months have been sold which is good, iropnically our old house wnt back on the market in April 18 months after we sold it for £45k more than what a cheek!
chin up everyone still believe its possible!
Old Jul 2nd 2010, 9:19 am
Forum Regular

yjx1nt7 has a reputation beyond reputeyjx1nt7 has a reputation beyond reputeyjx1nt7 has a reputation beyond reputeyjx1nt7 has a reputation beyond reputeyjx1nt7 has a reputation beyond reputeyjx1nt7 has a reputation beyond reputeyjx1nt7 has a reputation beyond reputeyjx1nt7 has a reputation beyond reputeyjx1nt7 has a reputation beyond reputeyjx1nt7 has a reputation beyond reputeyjx1nt7 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the past 3 comments,
We are now going to try a different agent, Today the house directly across the road, went on the market for £55.000 more than ours.The only difference being it has 3 bedrooms where ours has 4, a jacuzzi, and separate lounge and dining room. I don t think that equates to £55.000 more. We think now that maybe our house is priced too low.
It will be interesting in seeing what the other agent says.
I ll keep you all posted
Old Jul 3rd 2010, 7:22 pm
Scorchy legs

Dewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the past 3 comments,
We are now going to try a different agent, Today the house directly across the road, went on the market for £55.000 more than ours.The only difference being it has 3 bedrooms where ours has 4, a jacuzzi, and separate lounge and dining room. I don t think that equates to £55.000 more. We think now that maybe our house is priced too low.
It will be interesting in seeing what the other agent says.
I ll keep you all posted
the very best of luck to you.

Dewb
Old Jul 3rd 2010, 7:37 pm
It is what it is Member

simonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond repute

Today the house directly across the road, went on the market for £55.000 more than ours.
Bear in mind they may get no interest at that asking....
Old Jul 3rd 2010, 10:59 pm
Forum Regular

Foxesecho has much to be proud ofFoxesecho has much to be proud ofFoxesecho has much to be proud ofFoxesecho has much to be proud ofFoxesecho has much to be proud ofFoxesecho has much to be proud ofFoxesecho has much to be proud ofFoxesecho has much to be proud ofFoxesecho has much to be proud ofFoxesecho has much to be proud ofFoxesecho has much to be proud of

We put our house up for rental at a reasonable price and had quite a lot of interest. We thought it was better to have someone in it and get some money towards the mortgage, rather than it be empty and us have to pay the full mortgage.

The estate agent said they had a house which had been empty for months as the owners wre asking for too much rent.