House Plans

Old Jul 8th 2009, 3:48 am
BE Enthusiast

alanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: House Plans

Originally Posted by carolineshewan
thanks so much, that was one of the important areas for us a courtyardy bit that can be accesed via , all living areas and master room... this is cos we are going to put a hot tub in there(when we have cash again lol) so me and hubby can relax in there wuth lots of wine of an evening... plumbing getting put in for hot tub when built but may not get it till next year, we will see how cash goes , would be great though asap
I can def recommend a hot tub, we put one in ours and it is so relaxing in the summer nights with a beer (or wine) just looking up at the stars
Old Jul 8th 2009, 4:02 am
BE Enthusiast

CarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by alanmacc
I can def recommend a hot tub, we put one in ours and it is so relaxing in the summer nights with a beer (or wine) just looking up at the stars
yea i agree, we had one in florida and were never out of it, lucy just loved it and still talks of it and she only 2 lol. so its something we def are going to get just a matter of b4 or after xmas

we got married in florida and spent till 2am in hot tub with our friends on our wedding night lol was great, just chilling to nice relaxing music under the stars with lots of alcahol lol

I really hope we get it for moving in , would just be so good to sit in it and relax the night we move in

aww i cant wait lol
Old Jul 8th 2009, 1:58 pm
Forum Regular

crumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to behold
Wink Re: House Plans

we are planning on building our own house, and also have our own plans, do you go through the same channels as uk? where as you get architect, etc etc??
is the planning permission more difficult when you have designed your own place?

and how much work are you allowed to do your self? OH is plumber, ( i know he cant do that part) but can he do anything else?

or is it best just to leave it the kiwi builders?

any good websites for hottubs anyone??

thanks

Anna
Old Jul 8th 2009, 9:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

alanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by crumpy10
we are planning on building our own house, and also have our own plans, do you go through the same channels as uk? where as you get architect, etc etc??
is the planning permission more difficult when you have designed your own place?

and how much work are you allowed to do your self? OH is plumber, ( i know he cant do that part) but can he do anything else?

or is it best just to leave it the kiwi builders?

any good websites for hottubs anyone??

thanks

Anna
hi
Most house builders here are pretty flexible in that way and if you go with plans they will do the drawings and submit them to the relevant council for review and consent to be carried out.

As far as a DIY on the actual building not too sure on it, I would think as long as you are a registered sparkie or chippie you probably can do the work but not too sure on the certificate of compliance for the works carried out? But I am sure it has been done here by somebody before.

We got out Spa through http://www.leisurerite.co.nz/ who went into administration and were then bought over by a much bigger pool maker who kept on the name branding, but the pool has been fab
Old Jul 8th 2009, 11:34 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

You got any pics of the build and finished house? I'm getting a bit addicted to this house build lark on here, even though husband works on new builds. I think it's coz I get to hear how it is for the folks that are doing it , rather than just have to look at husband's plumbing in the bare bones of a property.

It's making me want to sell up and build my own. Think I might have to settle for a hot tub on our deck.
Old Jul 9th 2009, 12:38 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BEVS
You got any pics of the build and finished house? I'm getting a bit addicted to this house build lark on here, even though husband works on new builds. I think it's coz I get to hear how it is for the folks that are doing it , rather than just have to look at husband's plumbing in the bare bones of a property.

It's making me want to sell up and build my own. Think I might have to settle for a hot tub on our deck.
Yep I got a few pics of the various stages of the build but not sure how to attach them ....... ill keep looking and put them us
Old Jul 9th 2009, 12:41 am
BE Enthusiast

Ahh ha got it now hope these work ...........

Hmmmm can only get two of them to load as thunbnails?
Attached Thumbnails House Plans-slab-down.jpg   House Plans-decking-down.jpg  
Attached Images    
Old Jul 9th 2009, 12:47 am
BE Enthusiast

ok Ill stop boring people with pics now
Attached Thumbnails House Plans-p4170076.jpg   House Plans-me-keira-spa.jpg   House Plans-messy-living-room.jpg   House Plans-posh-living-room.jpg  
Old Jul 9th 2009, 10:49 am
BE Enthusiast

AngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Alan,

House looks fab you must be soooooo happy
Old Jul 10th 2009, 1:16 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by AngelaandJim
Hi Alan,

House looks fab you must be soooooo happy
Thank you, yes we are delighted with it, just a pain having to cut the grass ....... never thought of that at the time .. hahaha
Old Jul 10th 2009, 9:17 pm
MnB

MnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you, yes we are delighted with it, just a pain having to cut the grass ....... never thought of that at the time .. hahaha
Hey maybe you should get some sheep
love the house ....hope to say this without the tint of envy one day!!!!
lol B x
Old Jul 11th 2009, 6:44 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MnB
Hey maybe you should get some sheep
love the house ....hope to say this without the tint of envy one day!!!!
lol B x
Thought about sheep, then decided against is as my daughter would more than likely want to bring them into her bed when she went to sleep
Old Jul 11th 2009, 7:52 pm
MnB

MnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond repute

Thought about sheep, then decided against is as my daughter would more than likely want to bring them into her bed when she went to sleep
Mmmmm could be a problem I suppose ....... but better sheep than some 'old goats'!!! lol