House Plans

Old Jul 7th 2009, 8:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

alanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond repute
Default House Plans

Hi,

I know the thread is somewhere for building your own house, I just could not find it, I know Im a guy and if its not fight in front of us we cant see it ......... but we built our place last year and I have managed to find the plans for it if anybody is interested
Attached Thumbnails House Plans-plans.jpg   House Plans-specifications.jpg  
Old Jul 7th 2009, 9:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

CarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: House Plans

Looks lovely, how long did it take to build from first dig out to the end?

was it worth the stress? or do you wish you had just bought one?

caz
Old Jul 7th 2009, 9:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

AngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by alanmacc
Hi,

I know the thread is somewhere for building your own house, I just could not find it, I know Im a guy and if its not fight in front of us we cant see it ......... but we built our place last year and I have managed to find the plans for it if anybody is interested
Lovely jubbly looks great

cheeries
Old Jul 8th 2009, 12:43 am
BE Enthusiast

alanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by carolineshewan
Looks lovely, how long did it take to build from first dig out to the end?

was it worth the stress? or do you wish you had just bought one?

caz
from the foundations being dug out and slab laid till we got the keys it was 17 weeks in total.

A lil more stressful than buying a house but also nice to keep track of it and see the progress over the stages, the only annoying point was the PC sums that were on the low side but that aside it went pretty easily
Old Jul 8th 2009, 1:37 am
BE Enthusiast

CarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond repute

from the foundations being dug out and slab laid till we got the keys it was 17 weeks in total.

A lil more stressful than buying a house but also nice to keep track of it and see the progress over the stages, the only annoying point was the PC sums that were on the low side but that aside it went pretty easily
We have had all our PC sums removed and got them to give us proper quoated figures and have signed on this , so what we have signed on is what we are going to pay
Old Jul 8th 2009, 2:04 am
BE Enthusiast

teebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond repute

i've seen it the house and it's lovely
Old Jul 8th 2009, 3:08 am
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

The house looks great. We're possibly going to be doing the same next year if all goes to plan.
Just one question and it is probably really obvious but what are PC sums?
Old Jul 8th 2009, 3:13 am
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

You're round the corner from us Alanmacc
I could probably see your house from here
Old Jul 8th 2009, 3:19 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Persephone
The house looks great. We're possibly going to be doing the same next year if all goes to plan.
Just one question and it is probably really obvious but what are PC sums?
a PC sum is known as a Prime Cost . It is an estimated figure for work to be carried out where specifications are vague, if this work is smaller than PC sum then a credit will be given. If additional costs are incurred these will be charged to the owner at the applicable rate

copied from one of our quotes lol

We had Pc costs for our kitchen and driveway/patio, so what we did was pick the kitchen we wanted and got them to put excact cost in final contract. Also with the driveways etc cos ours will be scribed and dyed it was working out alot between i think 65 and 80 a square meter , so we told them we would get this ourselves so they capped it at 70 a square meter for us which is fantastic and if less we will get credit

also flooring was a PC cost , we removed this as we are just going to get this done ourselves as we are getting polished floor in its easier

this house building never ends lol
Old Jul 8th 2009, 3:31 am
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for that
So it is basically an estimate. Good that you can remove them and get a fixed price, at least you know how much you are paying then. How far along are you? Is it nearly built yet? Any plans you can show us? Just nosy, me and Mr Sue have been looking at so many plans on so many websites and haven't seen one that is exactly what we want. We want bits from various houses so looks like we'll have to get ours designed rather than from a planI do like the idea of building my own house-I'm excited already and we don't even know if it's going to happen
Old Jul 8th 2009, 3:34 am
BE Enthusiast

Thanks for that
So it is basically an estimate. Good that you can remove them and get a fixed price, at least you know how much you are paying then. How far along are you? Is it nearly built yet? Any plans you can show us? Just nosy, me and Mr Sue have been looking at so many plans on so many websites and haven't seen one that is exactly what we want. We want bits from various houses so looks like we'll have to get ours designed rather than from a planI do like the idea of building my own house-I'm excited already and we don't even know if it's going to happen
we just got our permit, its a few posts down and has the plans etc

we designed ours ourself , just sat on the computer and did it , we were same liked bits and bobs but never the whole house, so we just sat and thought about what we wanted and how to put it together to fit on the section we bought, hopefully start building next week and should take roughly 20 weeks
Old Jul 8th 2009, 3:38 am
Queen of the Underworld

Just found your thread after I posted on here!
Wow the house looks great, I like the courtyard space. That bathroom is amazing. You must keep us up to date, I can live my house building life vicariously through you until I get the chance for real
Old Jul 8th 2009, 3:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by teebrown
i've seen it the house and it's lovely
Thanks Tee ........ we even tidied up for you coming round to give a good impression ..... hahaha
Old Jul 8th 2009, 3:41 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by P2L
You're round the corner from us Alanmacc
I could probably see your house from here
Really, whereabouts?

You should pop round for a tea or coffee ............
Old Jul 8th 2009, 3:46 am
BE Enthusiast

Just found your thread after I posted on here!
Wow the house looks great, I like the courtyard space. That bathroom is amazing. You must keep us up to date, I can live my house building life vicariously through you until I get the chance for real
thanks so much, that was one of the important areas for us a courtyardy bit that can be accesed via , all living areas and master room... this is cos we are going to put a hot tub in there(when we have cash again lol) so me and hubby can relax in there wuth lots of wine of an evening... plumbing getting put in for hot tub when built but may not get it till next year, we will see how cash goes , would be great though asap

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.