Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Hotels near Eden Park - Auckland

Hotels near Eden Park - Auckland

Old May 27th 2007, 10:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

phil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to behold
Question Hotels near Eden Park - Auckland

Hi,
we are off to the All Blacks game on Saturday...anyone tell us of any hotels close enough to the ground for us to walk to?
Old May 28th 2007, 1:58 am
Forum Regular

DiffordA is a name known to allDiffordA is a name known to allDiffordA is a name known to allDiffordA is a name known to allDiffordA is a name known to allDiffordA is a name known to allDiffordA is a name known to allDiffordA is a name known to allDiffordA is a name known to allDiffordA is a name known to allDiffordA is a name known to all
Default Re: Hotels near Eden Park - Auckland

Originally Posted by phil01
Hi,
we are off to the All Blacks game on Saturday...anyone tell us of any hotels close enough to the ground for us to walk to?
Hi there

Eden Park is in a funny location right in the middle of a residential area and so i am not sure whether or not there are any hotels very close by. It is deceptively close to the city centre though and a taxi wouldn't cost you too much from there. There is a rail link also but I am not sure how frequently they run. You could check out maxx.co.nz for this and busses too. So my suggestion would be to stay in the city centre if you struggle to find anything closer. Whatever you do don't try and drive because you would have to park near enough back in the city anyway as there is no parking available.

Oh and have a great time you lucky thing!!

Hope that helps, Amy
Old May 28th 2007, 2:33 am
BE Enthusiast

phil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to behold

Hi Amy,

yes it helps a lot...we will look for a hotel in the city and taxi as close as we can, I have no sense of direction but should imagine there will be plenty of people to follow.

Thanks very much
Old May 28th 2007, 2:37 am
Forum Regular

DiffordA is a name known to allDiffordA is a name known to allDiffordA is a name known to allDiffordA is a name known to allDiffordA is a name known to allDiffordA is a name known to allDiffordA is a name known to allDiffordA is a name known to allDiffordA is a name known to allDiffordA is a name known to allDiffordA is a name known to all

Hi Amy,

yes it helps a lot...we will look for a hotel in the city and taxi as close as we can, I have no sense of direction but should imagine there will be plenty of people to follow.

Thanks very much
Glad I could help, you wont have any trouble finding it, as you said just follow the crowds! Enjoy!!
Old May 28th 2007, 7:38 am
CockneyLass

dazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud of

Hi ya

you might also want to check out at Sky City as they used to do free shuttles from there to Eden Park. I have no idea whether they still do it or not but it might be worth checking out just in case they do.

Enjoy the game.
Old May 28th 2007, 7:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dazal
Hi ya

you might also want to check out at Sky City as they used to do free shuttles from there to Eden Park. I have no idea whether they still do it or not but it might be worth checking out just in case they do.

Enjoy the game.
Got booked into the Duxton...checked it out on the map and reasonably close to the ground...even I shouldn't manage to get lost!

Thanks very much!
Old May 29th 2007, 4:19 am
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

Got booked into the Duxton...checked it out on the map and reasonably close to the ground...even I shouldn't manage to get lost!

Thanks very much!

Hi Phil

We've stayed in the Duxton in Wellington

Enjoy the game. My OH is watching them in Wellington on the 9th . I've got a very jealous 8 year old, who has the mother of all crushes on Dan Carter