British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   Hotels near Eden Park - Auckland (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/hotels-near-eden-park-auckland-453674/)

phil01 May 27th 2007 10:24 pm

Hotels near Eden Park - Auckland

Hi,
we are off to the All Blacks game on Saturday...anyone tell us of any hotels close enough to the ground for us to walk to? :thumbsup:

DiffordA May 28th 2007 1:58 am

Re: Hotels near Eden Park - Auckland

Originally Posted by phil01 (Post 4839196)
Hi,
we are off to the All Blacks game on Saturday...anyone tell us of any hotels close enough to the ground for us to walk to? :thumbsup:

Hi there

Eden Park is in a funny location right in the middle of a residential area and so i am not sure whether or not there are any hotels very close by. It is deceptively close to the city centre though and a taxi wouldn't cost you too much from there. There is a rail link also but I am not sure how frequently they run. You could check out maxx.co.nz for this and busses too. So my suggestion would be to stay in the city centre if you struggle to find anything closer. Whatever you do don't try and drive because you would have to park near enough back in the city anyway as there is no parking available.

Oh and have a great time you lucky thing!! :thumbup:

Hope that helps, Amy

phil01 May 28th 2007 2:33 am

Hi Amy,

yes it helps a lot...we will look for a hotel in the city and taxi as close as we can, I have no sense of direction but should imagine there will be plenty of people to follow.

Thanks very much

DiffordA May 28th 2007 2:37 am

Originally Posted by phil01 (Post 4839710)
Hi Amy,

yes it helps a lot...we will look for a hotel in the city and taxi as close as we can, I have no sense of direction but should imagine there will be plenty of people to follow.

Thanks very much

Glad I could help, you wont have any trouble finding it, as you said just follow the crowds! Enjoy!! :thumbsup:

dazal May 28th 2007 7:38 am

Hi ya

you might also want to check out at Sky City as they used to do free shuttles from there to Eden Park. I have no idea whether they still do it or not but it might be worth checking out just in case they do.

Enjoy the game.

phil01 May 28th 2007 7:05 pm

Originally Posted by dazal (Post 4840286)
Hi ya

you might also want to check out at Sky City as they used to do free shuttles from there to Eden Park. I have no idea whether they still do it or not but it might be worth checking out just in case they do.

Enjoy the game.

Got booked into the Duxton...checked it out on the map and reasonably close to the ground...even I shouldn't manage to get lost!

Thanks very much!

P2L May 29th 2007 4:19 am

Originally Posted by phil01 (Post 4842929)
Got booked into the Duxton...checked it out on the map and reasonably close to the ground...even I shouldn't manage to get lost!

Thanks very much!

Hi Phil

We've stayed in the Duxton in Wellington :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Enjoy the game. My OH is watching them in Wellington on the 9th :frown:. I've got a very jealous 8 year old, who has the mother of all crushes on Dan Carter :rofl: