Home invasion

Old Nov 30th 2006, 9:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

jueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of light
Default Home invasion

Our home is being invaded at the moment by ants...
any tips on how to aviod this??? I think they are living in the walls!!!! yuk!!!
Old Nov 30th 2006, 9:34 pm
within Touching distance

GowHow is a name known to allGowHow is a name known to allGowHow is a name known to allGowHow is a name known to allGowHow is a name known to allGowHow is a name known to allGowHow is a name known to allGowHow is a name known to allGowHow is a name known to allGowHow is a name known to allGowHow is a name known to all
Default Re: Home invasion

Originally Posted by jueinnz
any tips on how to aviod this??? I think they are living in the walls!!!! yuk!!!

invite a few spiders round for dinner?
Old Nov 30th 2006, 9:36 pm
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

If you don't like the idea of powders/sprays, a friend of mine reckons talcum powder works
Old Nov 30th 2006, 9:37 pm
Banned

Jack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kev&sarah
If you don't like the idea of powders/sprays, a friend of mine reckons talcum powder works
Gonna trick them?

Old Nov 30th 2006, 9:39 pm
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jack The Lad
Gonna trick them?

I think they get stuck!! in the dust

That or they'll smell like a newborn baby
Old Nov 30th 2006, 9:40 pm
Banned

Jack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kev&sarah
I think they get stuck!! in the dust

That or they'll smell like a newborn baby
Nah. After just reading Sugo's post they must be stupid ants
Old Nov 30th 2006, 9:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

jueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Jack The Lad
Nah. After just reading Sugo's post they must be stupid ants
OK talc???? I can just imagine geting up in the morning and finding a million tiny white foot prints around the house!!!! but I guess its worth a go, if I've got any!!!!
Old Nov 30th 2006, 10:04 pm

dreamfish is an unknown quantity at this point

chalk!

draw circles around the ants - they wont cross the chalk.

they'll keep running around in circles till they, er, die.
Old Nov 30th 2006, 10:06 pm

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by dreamfish
chalk!

draw circles around the ants - they wont cross the chalk.

they'll keep running around in circles till they, er, die.
Guess the Kiwi's are too ignorant/dumb/small minded or stupid to have the plug in zappers?!
Old Nov 30th 2006, 10:15 pm
A land far far away

pixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond repute

OK talc???? I can just imagine geting up in the morning and finding a million tiny white foot prints around the house!!!! but I guess its worth a go, if I've got any!!!!
tiny footprints!! heehee

we got our whole house sprayed - it seemed to get rid of everything, and its not too disruptive or expensive.
Old Dec 1st 2006, 12:23 am
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

I've used a vacuum cleaner in the past, followed by ant traps for the hangers-on. Annoying little buggers, aren't they though?
Old Dec 1st 2006, 12:27 am
BE Forum Addict

kwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of light

my mum and dad used to get mega probs with ants in the uk and they started putting piles of sugar in the garden, this seems to work by keeping them outside as they have food to eat, rather than coming indoors to look for food

sounds daft but it seems to work for them, they dont get anywere as many ants in the house as what they used to

good luck
Old Dec 1st 2006, 1:02 am
BE Enthusiast

newkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to behold

go down to mitre10 and buy some superglue. then apply a drop on the mouth of each ant so you glue their mouths shut. eventuall they die of hunger.....
Old Dec 1st 2006, 1:49 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute

I did a post a few months back about how the kitchen in our rental was overun with ants and how much I dont like them! I got lots of good advice from people who had been here longer than me so it might be worth having a search for the thread.

Now we've moved into our new (old) house.... we have had one invasion of ants around the dining room and kitchen.... OH managed to get rid of them...and we saw them moving home across to the garden away from the house.... hooray!!

The only problem I have with ants now is that they have set up home in the bottom of my kettle. I am going to have to buy a new kettle now as Im sick of cleaning and shaking the damn things out.... they have got right up inside the thing. I get lots of small black boiled bodies in my cuppa too if Im not careful.... yuck. Nope, I dont like ants much!
Old Dec 1st 2006, 2:59 am
BE Enthusiast

cottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to all

"De-solv-it" is a sticky stuff and stain remover - made from citrus oil, so no nasty chemicals - can be used in kitchen with poisoning the family - can be bought from DIY stores - ants hate it!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.