Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Hobbies you started in NZ?

Hobbies you started in NZ?

Old Sep 12th 2013, 12:34 am
Looking for my marbles.

pippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hobbies you started in NZ?

Originally Posted by pintaguiness-pickledegg
Me too Pippa!!
Old Sep 12th 2013, 1:09 am
BE Forum Addict

escapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond repute

Nothing new I don't think, just more regular golf and motorbiking.
I suppose walking/visits to the beach is new. Wasn't that far from a beach back in the UK but mostly freezing cold.
Was a very keen hill walker back in the UK and loved the thought of being able to do lots of tramping here but just haven't found the time yet.
Old Sep 12th 2013, 1:22 am

Snap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pippalonghorn
I've taken up talking to myself.
Oh I've always done that ! People would make fun of me for doing it. I would say, 'yes, I talk to myself. Was I talking to you ? well, there's no issue then.' They would just see my lips moving a little as I drifted through the boredom of the working day in Britain.

It's when I'm narrating to myself out loud at home to break the silence that I realise I should get out more. Although, last night I did say good night to the dishwasher !
Old Sep 12th 2013, 1:31 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: Hobbies you started in NZ?

Originally Posted by escapedtonz
...golf and motorbiking.
Like finishing a Yoga class and then going out to get very, very drunk?

I remember reading F1 champion Nigel Mansell was a golf fan as well, maybe racing just wasn't quite exciting enough for him.
Old Sep 12th 2013, 1:36 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Snap Shot
It's when I'm narrating to myself out loud at home to break the silence that I realise I should get out more. Although, last night I did say good night to the dishwasher !
Kitchen appliances are much under appreciated, it's sort of sweet . Of course talking to yourself puts you about half a step away from taking a selfie which is when you really cross some invisible line.
Old Sep 12th 2013, 3:26 am
Account Closed

Tom1983 has a spectacular aura aboutTom1983 has a spectacular aura aboutTom1983 has a spectacular aura about

[QUOTE=Snap Shot;10896867]Oh I've always done that ! People would make fun of me for doing it. I would say, 'yes, I talk to myself. Was I talking to you ? well, there's no issue then.' They would just see my lips moving a little as I drifted through the boredom of the working day in Britain.

It's when I'm narrating to myself out loud at home to break the silence that I realise I should get out more. Although, last night I did say good night to the dishwasher ![/QUOTE]

I hope you instead of giving it a kiss goodnight, you gave it some Calgon

That's an extra 30 years worth of life to a dishwasher
Old Sep 12th 2013, 4:43 am

Snap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Tom1983;10896991]
Originally Posted by Snap Shot
Oh I've always done that ! People would make fun of me for doing it. I would say, 'yes, I talk to myself. Was I talking to you ? well, there's no issue then.' They would just see my lips moving a little as I drifted through the boredom of the working day in Britain.

It's when I'm narrating to myself out loud at home to break the silence that I realise I should get out more. Although, last night I did say good night to the dishwasher ![/QUOTE]

I hope you instead of giving it a kiss goodnight, you gave it some Calgon

That's an extra 30 years worth of life to a dishwasher
(I don't have Calgon and I've given up putting salt in it as it just guzzles salt like there's no tomorrow.)
Old Sep 12th 2013, 6:52 am
Forum Regular

pixiewink has much to be proud ofpixiewink has much to be proud ofpixiewink has much to be proud ofpixiewink has much to be proud ofpixiewink has much to be proud ofpixiewink has much to be proud ofpixiewink has much to be proud ofpixiewink has much to be proud ofpixiewink has much to be proud ofpixiewink has much to be proud ofpixiewink has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by pippalonghorn
I've taken up talking to myself.
& don't forget you are also a teacher of a very important 5 yr old!!!
Old Sep 12th 2013, 6:54 pm
Looking for my marbles.

pippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pixiewink
& don't forget you are also a teacher of a very important 5 yr old!!!
Oh yes I'm a early years one to one lecturer! wow impressed myself there!
Old Sep 13th 2013, 5:09 am
Forum Regular

Kin1of2 is a name known to allKin1of2 is a name known to allKin1of2 is a name known to allKin1of2 is a name known to allKin1of2 is a name known to allKin1of2 is a name known to allKin1of2 is a name known to allKin1of2 is a name known to allKin1of2 is a name known to allKin1of2 is a name known to allKin1of2 is a name known to all

So glad to see I'm not the only one talking to the whiteware ..... My OH thinks I'm going NUTS! Where's that truck of sauvignon blanc, merlot, beer, ethanol? (delete where appropriate). Anything will do .......
Old Sep 13th 2013, 5:15 am

Originally Posted by Kin1of2
So glad to see I'm not the only one talking to the whiteware ..... My OH thinks I'm going NUTS! Where's that truck of sauvignon blanc, merlot, beer, ethanol? (delete where appropriate). Anything will do .......[/QUOTE]

Already had it .........................and the driver