Hiya,

Old Oct 27th 2007, 6:14 am
Just Joined

Amanda Hart will become famous soon enoughAmanda Hart will become famous soon enough
Default Hiya,

Hi I'm Amanda, fairly new from the UK, arrived end July with husband and children. My husband is working as a teacher at a fabulous school, and I'm at home looking after 3 yr old daughter, while son of 11 is at school. Just moved into own home, loving NZ but miss family and friends. All good and very happy, well would be if I could loose some of the 14lbs i've put on since being here!!!!
Old Oct 27th 2007, 8:32 am
Forum Regular

slimchic will become famous soon enoughslimchic will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Hiya,

Originally Posted by Amanda Hart
Hi I'm Amanda, fairly new from the UK, arrived end July with husband and children. My husband is working as a teacher at a fabulous school, and I'm at home looking after 3 yr old daughter, while son of 11 is at school. Just moved into own home, loving NZ but miss family and friends. All good and very happy, well would be if I could loose some of the 14lbs i've put on since being here!!!!
hi amanda

Its great you made the move. we are still in Uk. have just joined the site and would appreciate any comments you have about your move to NZ etc etc whats your top tip? by the way having lost loads of weight last year and kept it off, how did you put on 14 pounds since july if you don't mind me asking? is it difficult to eat healthy over there?
Old Oct 27th 2007, 8:46 am
Forum Regular

CCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud ofCCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud ofCCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud ofCCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud ofCCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud ofCCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud ofCCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud ofCCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud ofCCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud ofCCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud ofCCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud of
Smile Re: Hiya,

Hi Amanda
Welcome. We've been here nearly 12 months now and are just up the road from you in Bucklands Beach. Glad you like it here, we do too
Carol
Old Oct 28th 2007, 7:28 am
Just Joined

Amanda Hart will become famous soon enoughAmanda Hart will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by slimchic
hi amanda

Its great you made the move. we are still in Uk. have just joined the site and would appreciate any comments you have about your move to NZ etc etc whats your top tip? by the way having lost loads of weight last year and kept it off, how did you put on 14 pounds since july if you don't mind me asking? is it difficult to eat healthy over there?

Oh, how I love my food! I lost 3 1/2 stone by diet and exercise 3 years ago, and kept it off until we got here, then we had 10 days in a motel while looking for somewhere to live so we ate McDonalds, Kentucky and any other fast food we could get our hands on for quickness, my husband started work and I started searching for a property to buy, so evenings were spent viewing houses, then grabbing food on the go. We moved into our new house 4 weeks ago so now its back to healthy eating and regular exercise. Fresh food is in abundance as is meat and fish, it was just circumstance and piggery!! You don't get anywhere near the choice of foods in the supermarkets and it took a while to adapt especially as they don't have gravy granules!! Top tip I think would be to organise transfer of cash in advance, we used Moneycorp who can be found on the internet, also when you open a bank account, National Bank have a card that doubles the length of your guarantees on any electrical items you might buy. If you have kids, you need to remember when looking for somewhere to live, the school areas are zoned. We rented a house and put our son into school then found out we were restricted to certain streets if we wanted to keep him there, so we have ended up buying a house in an area we wouldn't have chosen, because we didn't want to disrupt his schooling.
Hope this helps? Don't hesitate to ask if you have any more questions, no matter what its about. Good Luck.
Old Oct 28th 2007, 7:37 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by CCGM.IN.NZ
Hi Amanda
Welcome. We've been here nearly 12 months now and are just up the road from you in Bucklands Beach. Glad you like it here, we do too
Carol
Thank you, we stayed at Bucklands Beach Motel when we first arrived, and I have made a very good friend of a lady we met in the Barraccuda on our first night. It is such a lovely place. Amanda
Old Oct 28th 2007, 9:02 am
Forum Regular

slimchic will become famous soon enoughslimchic will become famous soon enough

Oh, how I love my food! I lost 3 1/2 stone by diet and exercise 3 years ago, and kept it off until we got here, then we had 10 days in a motel while looking for somewhere to live so we ate McDonalds, Kentucky and any other fast food we could get our hands on for quickness, my husband started work and I started searching for a property to buy, so evenings were spent viewing houses, then grabbing food on the go. We moved into our new house 4 weeks ago so now its back to healthy eating and regular exercise. Fresh food is in abundance as is meat and fish, it was just circumstance and piggery!! You don't get anywhere near the choice of foods in the supermarkets and it took a while to adapt especially as they don't have gravy granules!! Top tip I think would be to organise transfer of cash in advance, we used Moneycorp who can be found on the internet, also when you open a bank account, National Bank have a card that doubles the length of your guarantees on any electrical items you might buy. If you have kids, you need to remember when looking for somewhere to live, the school areas are zoned. We rented a house and put our son into school then found out we were restricted to certain streets if we wanted to keep him there, so we have ended up buying a house in an area we wouldn't have chosen, because we didn't want to disrupt his schooling.
Hope this helps? Don't hesitate to ask if you have any more questions, no matter what its about. Good Luck.
thanks amanda, thats great. really usefull