Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

HIGH PRICED NZ HOUSES

HIGH PRICED NZ HOUSES

Old Mar 5th 2008, 9:26 am
Winter hibernator

Ted Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: HIGH PRICED NZ HOUSES

Originally Posted by Ian & Sharon
I also hear that Liverpool are going to beat the current Chelski record of slotting more than 4 past West ham
I'm certain that they won't score more than 4 against us, but I'm just happy that we ain't fighting relegation.
Old Mar 5th 2008, 9:28 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Campbells
Care to expand on that ?
Aussies are considered lazy by Kiwis who consider themselves to be very hard working..........bit like the bloke I met in Wanaka the other week who said that in the UK any and every "Kiwi builder" is being swamped for work because they are so efficient - this was aparently due to the Kiwi's get up and go attitude and their propensity not to take tea breaks and mess about, unlike the Brits/other workers on sites who were prone to be lazy or not pro-active enough (so he reported from this TV programme that had a feature on it). He seemed quite pleased with this. I wondered about the standards in most trades and the quality of building work here and bit my tongue (heaven's above I hear you say, no that's a first).
Of course this seems to be somewhat at odds with the obsession with many Kiwis about improving the "poor" levels of productivity within the NZ economy - or is that due to historic under-investment and poor management??
I'll leave you experts to discuss that one...........
Old Mar 5th 2008, 10:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Ian & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ted Logan
Many NZers are leaving NZ to work in OZ, obviously they are taking Aussie jobs otherwise it would be filled by Australians. Looking at the emmigration stats there seems a lot of Kiwis finding work in Australia.
So thats what ethic means
Old Mar 5th 2008, 6:16 pm
Banned

Campbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to behold

Many NZers are leaving NZ to work in OZ, obviously they are taking Aussie jobs otherwise it would be filled by Australians. Looking at the emmigration stats there seems a lot of Kiwis finding work in Australia.
Probably because there is nothing that can be done here about the mental driving on the NZ roads

In my short time in Oz they seem to have a better driving standard and fixed the hoon problem.

Oh, better roads too ( maybe they spend money there instead of haording it )

Anyone care to comment
Old Mar 5th 2008, 6:48 pm
Banned

Campbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by lardyl
Aussies are considered lazy by Kiwis who consider themselves to be very hard working..........bit like the bloke I met in Wanaka the other week who said that in the UK any and every "Kiwi builder" is being swamped for work because they are so efficient - this was aparently due to the Kiwi's get up and go attitude and their propensity not to take tea breaks and mess about, unlike the Brits/other workers on sites who were prone to be lazy or not pro-active enough (so he reported from this TV programme that had a feature on it). He seemed quite pleased with this. I wondered about the standards in most trades and the quality of building work here and bit my tongue (heaven's above I hear you say, no that's a first).
Of course this seems to be somewhat at odds with the obsession with many Kiwis about improving the "poor" levels of productivity within the NZ economy - or is that due to historic under-investment and poor management??
I'll leave you experts to discuss that one...........
Of course jealousy has nothing to do with it. Tall popy syndrome was invented in either the UK or Oz

Never heard of “smoko” either till I got here.

The company that I worked for here are in manufacturing. We secured an order for Europe which was a very large quantity , we had several meetings regarding production delivering within the time frames.

My question was of course why are we restricted to the 9 – 5 Monday to Friday. We have a factory here that has a production line and we pay expensive rent, let’s maximise our output.

Guess the response

Guess the outcome

I had the pleasure of interviewing ( for sales staff). Now that’s an eye opener.
If a candidate arrived on time and arrived with paper and pen ( even if it was in a Pack N Save plastic bag doubled as a briefcase) they were already scoring.

I tell you it was scary.

She’ll be right

Personally one of the biggest problems here is – denial.

If we all hold hands ( and contact the living) and say out loud, there is no problem so what is the problem ? It is just so easy to say, hey what are you getting all nasty about, India has their problems too, you know the driving standards there are shocking

I see it many times on this site from Brits, obviously adopting the great “Kiwi way”
Old Mar 5th 2008, 9:48 pm
Winter hibernator

Ted Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to behold

Mate, are you just waiting for your NZ passport so you can freely move to Australia without any limitations ??
Old Mar 5th 2008, 9:49 pm
The Wicked One

spid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud of

Never heard of “smoko” either till I got here.
They do that in the Falklands too - it was excellent!
Old Mar 5th 2008, 10:06 pm
Account Closed

Yotty is an unknown quantity at this point

Mate, are you just waiting for your NZ passport so you can freely move to Australia without any limitations ??
Who was that aimed at Ted?
Old Mar 5th 2008, 10:08 pm
Winter hibernator

Originally Posted by Yotty
Who was that aimed at Ted?
Sorry, it's aimed at Campbells (with tongue in cheek), most threads started by him has told us whats bad about this country, I'm wondering why he continues to put up with it
Old Mar 5th 2008, 10:09 pm
Account Closed

Yotty is an unknown quantity at this point

http://tvnz.co.nz/view/page/1316907/1621372
Old Mar 6th 2008, 6:27 am
Banned

Don't think it quite works like that mate
Old Mar 6th 2008, 6:30 am
Banned

Sorry, it's aimed at Campbells (with tongue in cheek), most threads started by him has told us whats bad about this country, I'm wondering why he continues to put up with it
what are you saying

If I say that NZ has negative points - I should not stay here

that is a bit lame wouldn't you say
Old Mar 6th 2008, 8:34 am
Banned

Well all in all - it looks that house price will fall here,

It has to

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/section/3/...ectid=10496533

Well folks you can choose

I have posted good news – for non home owners

Bad news – for home owners

Talk about pleasing everyone

Gee, how did I manage that
Old Mar 6th 2008, 8:36 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Kerry W
No, that's not what I'm saying, I'm more interested in what some of the good things you have found about NZ ??
Okay, lets start a new thread

You go start a new thread ( you are allowed to ) and I will post on there

Happy

Or are you unhappy
Old Mar 6th 2008, 8:39 am
Winter hibernator

Okay, lets start a new thread

You go start a new thread ( you are allowed to ) and I will post on there

Happy

Or are you unhappy
Sorry, needed to logout other half. You starting new threads have the same theme.

Yes NZ has its downs, like many countries. Boy racers are obviously keeping you up all night making you bitter, but there are positives that people would like to read about as well.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.