Reload this Page >

Hi....wish I was there!

Hi....wish I was there!

Old Feb 22nd 2007, 6:16 pm
Just Joined

Aitch is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Hi....wish I was there!

Wowie Nikki,

We may indeed be neighbours, (we are 2 miles from Winslow, Great Horwood to be exact. )

I just wish we could say the same about NZ!

What a brilliant idea to marry a kiwi. We all here wish you every happiness in your future. I hope all your preparations and plans are going well.

We are feeling low here about a move to NZ, the problem for us that my husband is a NHS counsellor and that is not a recognized skill shortage. In fact we have heard that the NZAP (NZ Association of Psychotherapists) are sorting themselves out with the NZ Gov. at the moment. So it looks like our plans need to be longer term than we thought or hoped. (When I posted above we thought, oh lets just sell the house and go, that's me, but my more cautious and sensible husband says "lets wait and see".)

Thanks all above and have a wonderful time with your little ones Nikki, it sounds such a great place for them. Keep in touch, I hope to hear how your future unfolds.

Helena
Old Feb 22nd 2007, 6:27 pm
Sweeeeet!

Littletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hi....wish I was there!

Originally Posted by Aitch
Wowie Nikki,

We may indeed be neighbours, (we are 2 miles from Winslow, Great Horwood to be exact. )

I just wish we could say the same about NZ!

What a brilliant idea to marry a kiwi. We all here wish you every happiness in your future. I hope all your preparations and plans are going well.

We are feeling low here about a move to NZ, the problem for us that my husband is a NHS counsellor and that is not a recognized skill shortage. In fact we have heard that the NZAP (NZ Association of Psychotherapists) are sorting themselves out with the NZ Gov. at the moment. So it looks like our plans need to be longer term than we thought or hoped. (When I posted above we thought, oh lets just sell the house and go, that's me, but my more cautious and sensible husband says "lets wait and see".)

Thanks all above and have a wonderful time with your little ones Nikki, it sounds such a great place for them. Keep in touch, I hope to hear how your future unfolds.

Helena

Oh good grief! I drive through your village nearly everyday!! HAHA! I'm in Granborough, so its through Winslow and Grt Horwood to MK. God I hate that Buckingham Road! There's a few people here from the villages, one guy from Buckingham. Its so weird to hear these names online! Anyway, have you tried the points thing? Is it really a no-go for a while? Are you terribly disappointed? There seem to be loads of counselling jobs in NZ, has he tried applying for any directly?

Sorry, I just feel so disappointed for people who feel their plans have to go on hold, I just want everyone to live their dreams!

Ironically, I never wanted to visit NZ. I loved Australia and felt that one day I would settle there. When I met my now husband in LA, California, he asked me to visit him but I had big plans about travelling around Africa. After nearly a year of chatting to him online and over the phone, I decided to head over and see if this guy was worth all the trouble! As it happened he was, and so it was a happy ending. Even though I loved NZ, I STILL didnt see it as a place to live. We did end up residing in Australia, but again, although I loved it, it didnt feel like 'home.' So now we've decided that NZ might be exactly what we're looking for. Its funny, when you have kids, everything changes, and what you want from a place changes so much. I hear myself wanting things that I never before would have contemplated. But its all good though. We are very outdoorsy people (skiing, 4wding, hiking, etc) so again, NZ is perfect for our lifestyle.

Thank you for your kind words, and I wish truly that you and your family are able to move over and sooner rather than later. It'd be great to read that you're updating us with your moving plans! There are some GREAT people on here, so your'll be able to get heaps of advice and experience, and we're always here if you need any help.

I wish you all the very best

Stay in touch

Nikki x