Reload this Page >

Hi....wish I was there!

Hi....wish I was there!

Old Jan 21st 2007, 2:49 pm
Just Joined

Aitch is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Hi....wish I was there!

Hi y'all,

I read these forums when my OH and I were thinking and investigating moving to NZ through the tail end of 2006.

Well, here we are in sunny 2007 and we have decided to commit to making this journey, this year.

So, I'm signing up here and would like to say "hi" to you all. Emigrating is a scary step, and I am really impressed with everyone's nerve and verve and willingness to help each other out.

We are: Helena, Julian, Sophie, Paddy (dog) & Gypsy (cat).

We live in north Bucks, near MK, yes, it got that bad! (If you do too, get in touch!)

Sophie, our daughter is 7.

We hope to arrive in NZ in early Sept. We like the sound of Tauranga, but none of us have ever been to NZ, sadly.

I do not hold out much hope of us fitting easily into any of the NZI criteria, (particularly Gypsy!)

Which means I have questions, questions and even more questions.

Looking forward to getting to know you all better.

Helena
Old Jan 21st 2007, 7:36 pm
Banned

Jack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hi....wish I was there!

Welcome to the site

Fire away with the questions.

We have just got back from a recce of NZ. Tauranga is one of the places we visited (6 days). In fact Tauranga will be appearing in our blog in the next day or so
Old Jan 21st 2007, 7:44 pm
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Aitch
Hi y'all,

I read these forums when my OH and I were thinking and investigating moving to NZ through the tail end of 2006.

Well, here we are in sunny 2007 and we have decided to commit to making this journey, this year.

So, I'm signing up here and would like to say "hi" to you all. Emigrating is a scary step, and I am really impressed with everyone's nerve and verve and willingness to help each other out.

We live in north Bucks, near MK, yes, it got that bad! (If you do too, get in touch!)

We hope to arrive in NZ in early Sept. We like the sound of Tauranga, but none of us have ever been to NZ, sadly.

I do not hold out much hope of us fitting easily into any of the NZI criteria, (particularly Gypsy!)

Helena
Welcome to BE

Lots of helpful people on here so fire away.

If you get the chance, go back thru as much of this site as you can cope with lots of useful stuff in there!!! And if you can't find it, someone else will know where to

Sarah
Old Jan 21st 2007, 8:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

poppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond repute

Hi y'all,

Helena
welcome, look foward to hearing from you xx
Old Jan 22nd 2007, 8:03 am
BE Enthusiast

StevieB has much to be proud ofStevieB has much to be proud ofStevieB has much to be proud ofStevieB has much to be proud ofStevieB has much to be proud ofStevieB has much to be proud ofStevieB has much to be proud ofStevieB has much to be proud ofStevieB has much to be proud ofStevieB has much to be proud ofStevieB has much to be proud of

Hi y'all,

Helena
Welcome Helena. We had never been either before we came in October. Now have bought a house, both working, and having a great time.

Any questions you have you will find everyone on this forum more than happy to answer (even if they don't KNOW the answer!).

Look forward to hearing from you too!
Old Jan 22nd 2007, 2:56 pm
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by StevieB
Any questions you have you will find everyone on this forum more than happy to answer (even if they don't KNOW the answer!).
Hee hee one of those would be me! Welcome to the board, Helena, Julian, Sophie & menagerie!
Old Jan 23rd 2007, 3:14 pm
Just Joined

Aitch is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you all for your warm welcome....it really makes a difference to hear what a great and friendly bunch you all are.

I hope you have settled well StevieB, will watch out for how it is going for you...you know that "best decision I ever made"thing. And Jack The Ladd, I read your blog, looking forward to reading more.

Thanks to you all for all your comments.

Helena
Old Jan 29th 2007, 10:38 pm
mad mother

mandy s is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Jack The Lad
Welcome to the site

Fire away with the questions.

We have just got back from a recce of NZ. Tauranga is one of the places we visited (6 days). In fact Tauranga will be appearing in our blog in the next day or so
I thought Tauranga was too busy!
Old Jan 29th 2007, 10:42 pm
Banned

Jack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mandy s
I thought Tauranga was too busy!
Maybe, but if you have kids they may need a busier place than say some quiet village. Ours would

If it where just me and the wife then we would head for someplace quieter. But we have to think of our kids needs not just ours.

Anyway each to their own
Old Jan 30th 2007, 4:16 pm
mad mother

Maybe, but if you have kids they may need a busier place than say some quiet village. Ours would

If it where just me and the wife then we would head for someplace quieter. But we have to think of our kids needs not just ours.

Anyway each to their own
I agree with you if my kids were older but at their ages (4 & 7) I find quieter best! It was our main reason for leaving UK after all!
Old Jan 30th 2007, 4:23 pm
Banned

I agree with you if my kids were older but at their ages (4 & 7) I find quieter best! It was our main reason for leaving UK after all!
We have had 8 houses in the 10 years we have been together and I dont fancy moving again after this BIG one. So we need a area that as it all. If you know what I mean?
Old Jan 30th 2007, 5:37 pm
within Touching distance

GowHow is a name known to allGowHow is a name known to allGowHow is a name known to allGowHow is a name known to allGowHow is a name known to allGowHow is a name known to allGowHow is a name known to allGowHow is a name known to allGowHow is a name known to allGowHow is a name known to allGowHow is a name known to all

Hi y'all,

Helena
Welcome

Always good to have another wannabe somewhere else. I have just fixed the link to my "blog" which is basically a holiday diary from our recce last year. I Feel free to pass comment or ask questions.
Old Jan 30th 2007, 6:54 pm
mad mother

We have had 8 houses in the 10 years we have been together and I dont fancy moving again after this BIG one. So we need a area that as it all. If you know what I mean?
I do know what you mean - and are you settled now - I have moved shed loads and still ponder! Maybe some of us just arent meant to settle for too long...I hope we will be able to!
Old Feb 22nd 2007, 10:12 am
BE Forum Addict

helinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond repute

I do know what you mean - and are you settled now - I have moved shed loads and still ponder! Maybe some of us just arent meant to settle for too long...I hope we will be able to!
welcome to Helena and her family to this forum
There are several people looking to move to BOP. 'Am Loolah' is off there in April.
We're going for a quick recce in April.
Good luck.
Helen
Old Feb 22nd 2007, 10:58 am
Sweeeeet!

Littletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond repute

Hi y'all,

Helena
Hi Helena and welcome to the madhouse!

You might live near us, we're out near Winslow!

We're off to NZ in less than 2 weeks!! Cripey! My husband's a Kiwi, and I've been before so I know what to expect. Kind of! We've lived internationally before but this will be a more permanent move for me and my family (2 girls aged 2.5 and 4 months). We'll be staying in Auckland initially, but we'll settle where the work is, would prefer it to be out of Auckland, but really I'd be happy anywhere. ANYWHERE is better than MK!!

I'm sure your'll make lots of good friends on here and gather some great advice. Its such an excellent source of info.

Good luck! And hope to hear from you and your progress updates soon!

Nikki x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.