Hi from Scotland

Old Jan 6th 2008, 12:35 pm
Just Joined

samsuth has a brilliant futuresamsuth has a brilliant futuresamsuth has a brilliant futuresamsuth has a brilliant futuresamsuth has a brilliant futuresamsuth has a brilliant futuresamsuth has a brilliant future
Smile Hi from Scotland

Hi Everyone

My name is Sam i have been registered for a while, but I have now plucked up the courage to start using the site. My husband Chris has just been offered a job in New Zealand ) which is fantastic news as we have been trying to make our dream a reality for several years now. We are now trying to plan our forthcoming move and don't know where to start!!!
Old Jan 6th 2008, 5:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

simonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hi from Scotland

Originally Posted by samsuth
Hi Everyone

My name is Sam i have been registered for a while, but I have now plucked up the courage to start using the site. My husband Chris has just been offered a job in New Zealand ) which is fantastic news as we have been trying to make our dream a reality for several years now. We are now trying to plan our forthcoming move and don't know where to start!!!
Hi Sam

welcome to the forum, you must have a thousand questions and there are plenty on here who can help, so don't be shy and ask away! What line of work is your husband in? and where is the job he's been offered? Have some karma to start this day!

regards

Simon
Old Jan 6th 2008, 6:51 pm

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice

Look at this link => http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Catego...nd_Immigration
Old Jan 6th 2008, 10:16 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Hi there.
Kia Ora and welcome to this little forum.

Have some 'plucked up courage to start posting ' karma .
Old Jan 9th 2008, 3:20 am
BE Forum Addict

irnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by samsuth
Hi Everyone

Hi Sam! Thats great news, I'm from Edinburgh but moved out here last year (living in Wellington) and loving it soooooo much, did pop home for CHristmas/New Year but really glad to be back here to be honest!

Have you been out here before? Where is the job offer, work it from there, is it with a big company and do you know where you will be based? Do you work just now and what will you be looking to do, and any kids?

Start with the basics, work out where you will be and find out about house prices for rent, schools, amenities etc etc, lots of help on this forum if you need to ask questions, as most of us have been through this by now!

You will love it though if/when you get here
Old Jan 9th 2008, 5:50 pm
Just Joined

samsuth has a brilliant futuresamsuth has a brilliant futuresamsuth has a brilliant futuresamsuth has a brilliant futuresamsuth has a brilliant futuresamsuth has a brilliant futuresamsuth has a brilliant future
Smile Re: Hi from Scotland

Hi

My husband has been offered a job in Blenheim, spoke to the company they seem quite flexible with regards to a start date so that was a weight off our minds. I have just qualified as a Primary School teacher so been advised to start having my qualification assessed so that I can then teach eventually once I am out there.

We have three children a son aged 16, soon to be 17, a daughter 14 and is having mixed feelings and a another daughter 10 who simply can't wait. Just now having to be patient (which I am not good at) as the lengthy paperwork and wait starts before our new life begins.
Old Jan 9th 2008, 9:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

jill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud of

Just wanted to wish you all the best on your journey.
Old Jan 9th 2008, 11:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

irnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jill1420
Just wanted to wish you all the best on your journey.
Blimey, a Motherwell fan!!!
Old Jan 10th 2008, 1:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

jill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud of

Split household. Half Rangers Half Well. We live 2 mins from Firpark.
Old Jan 10th 2008, 5:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Split household. Half Rangers Half Well. We live 2 mins from Firpark.
Who is the sensible Well half
Old Jan 10th 2008, 7:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Me and my oldest son . What do you miss from home? Anything?
Old Jan 10th 2008, 9:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Me and my oldest son . What do you miss from home? Anything?
Friends and family mostly! Thankfully there are lots of wee British food shops dotted around NZ, so you can get Irn Bru in emergencies! And some of the supermarkets have started selling it but its the stuff they make in Aussie and its not quite right...

I miss the Hibees of course But I'm trying to be positive and look for the good things here and trying to forget the stuff I miss, but its hard at times
Old Jan 10th 2008, 9:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Was just listening to real radio (Alan Rough & Euan Cameron) phone in.................callers not sure about Hibs new manager.............but you great patter good laugh.
Old Jan 10th 2008, 10:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Was just listening to real radio (Alan Rough & Euan Cameron) phone in.................callers not sure about Hibs new manager.............but you great patter good laugh.
Its Mixu Paatelainen, I'm happy! Was a wrench giving up my season ticket I tell you
Old Jan 14th 2008, 3:52 pm
Just Joined

jleroux will become famous soon enoughjleroux will become famous soon enough

I'm over in Livingston after moving with my wife from Cape Town to London and then 4 years later to Scotland. My wife's mom was born in Motherwell and was shipped over to Zimbabwe when she 6 months old so my wife has made a return to her Scottish roots.

We're just starting our planning and decision making to move to NZ. I miss the sun that I had in Cape Town and would like to be able to get the motorbike out in winter.

So Sam keep us up to date how the process is going. I will be making my mind up after my upcoming visit this December to Auckland.