Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Hi just registered. Please help !

Hi just registered. Please help !

Old Mar 18th 2007, 9:34 am
BE Forum Addict

kato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hi just registered. Please help !

Cheers for the info Cherry.

To be honest OH works from 6 till 6 anyway so long hours are expected. Plus I work full time as well so we would like to carry on with the same once there. Will have to check out the wages thing to the cost of living because we don't have a clue at the moment. We live a moderate life here, 4 kids are costly, so don't really go out but enjoy a take away once a week and love having friends round for dinner. I better make some new ones when I am there because I do love a drink and entertaining.
What are people like in general? Do the NZealanders have the same thing with the race issue like the Aussies? Please say not. Couldn't be in a country where the race thing is such a big deal like it is here.

Nici
Old Mar 18th 2007, 9:47 am
BE Forum Addict

Boopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kato33
Hi Wiz

Hope you don't mind but would I be able to pick your brains on NZ. We don't know much at the moment.

Do you have to pay for schooling? I know in Oz you do and was just wondering if it was the same there.
OH is a truckie, do you know what sort of wages we are looking at? We are not looking to live any differently than we do here, ordinary house, ordinary car, etc just for a slower pace of life.

How did the children settle in? (If you have any that is)

Look forward to keeping in touch with you all,

Nici
If you send Donna F & Wilma & Co a pm, they will both answer all your questions. Both have 3 kids and recently settled them into local schools.
Old Mar 18th 2007, 9:50 am
BE Forum Addict

kato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers Boopy.

Will do asap.

Nici
Old Mar 18th 2007, 9:58 am
Cornish Lass

Marika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by kato33
Hello all,

Our family are also looking to go to NZ. The Uk is just not the same place anymore so we want a better life for our little'uns.

Sunny jim - Are you from ET by any chance. If so then its the twins mum here, Nici. When you looking at going? Fit us in the suitcase will ya

Marika - My OH is also a truckie and we are looking at doing the same as yourselves. If you have any info re work I would be very grateful to hear from you. Anything I find I will PM you and give you the details.

Regards
Nici
Hi Nici,
we got put onto an agency called Chrysalis recruitment, through a kind person on this site, we were planning to come visit at easter, but have since decided to put our faith in this company and pay them to get OH a job offer, with an accredited employer(which is a good idea to do). Well they do what they say and keep very regular contact with you, if we weren't bothered about what part of NZ to go for we could have had a job offer within a couple of weeks, but we have been with them now about 3-4 weeks, and things are looking very promising with a job offer from a good company on the North Island, so we are thrilled with this company, it saved us alot of money and time. They also keep in touch with you when you are hear to make sure you are all happy and the job is going o.k. They do seem very efficient and reply near enough instantly to emails.
email address is www.chrysalisrecruitment.com

Hope this is helpful to you, good luck with it all, keep in touch
Marika
Old Mar 18th 2007, 10:08 am
BE Forum Addict

Hi Marika,

Phil put me onto them and I received an email back straight away with the forms to fill in. So here goes then and hopefully it works fine for us and yourselves.
Oz was our first thought and has been for 18 months but it was only 2 weeks ago that we decided on NZ so have so much to research. Saying that, we have already made up our mind that NZ is for us and will not be going to OZ once/if we get residency.
I think North Island would be better for us but no doubt someone on here will tell me I am about to make a big mistake and should choose South.
Oh decisions, decisions!!
Where abouts are you looking to go? Do you have kiddies to take? Mine are throwing a bit of a strop only because they had just got used to the OZ idea and then I go change my mind so their little heads are reeling. Poor things, but its for them that we are making such a move so hopefully it goes as smooth as possible.

Keep in touch

Nici
Old Mar 18th 2007, 10:09 am
BE Forum Addict

Sorry,

Just re-read your post and I can see it is also North Island for you

Doh!!!

Nici