HI EVERYONE

Old Jan 9th 2010, 3:53 pm
Just Joined

gmb1771 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default HI EVERYONE

Hi All,

I am gmb1771 and am keen to move to NZ asap to get away from this horrible weather.
I live in Angus in Scotland with my husband and 3 children and have started making plans to move to Bay of Plenty or Nelson regions in New Zealand.
I am a mature student nurse and would like to complete my last year in New Zealand if possible.
My husband is a joiner with more than 20 years experience under his belt.
We love to cycle and jog. We also love good food and wine.
Would love to hear from others who are moving or have moved to these regions and welcome any advice on any topic.
Old Jan 10th 2010, 1:54 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: HI EVERYONE

Hi and welcome to the site. We've got lots of people here who are living, or moving to New Zealand and I am sure you will make lots of friends here.

By the way, I love the dog in your avatar. He's/she's gorgeous. What breed is he/she?

Sue
Old Jan 10th 2010, 3:12 pm
Scorchy legs

Dewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi and welcome, certainly very cold where you are at the mo

I am still here in the UK, waiting to sell house then we are off.
Hubster is a Kiwi and we have 2 girls ( I also have 2 children from previous relationship).

Good luck with all your plans and well done for finding this very informative & friendly site.

this weather passes soon brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Dewb
Old Jan 10th 2010, 5:58 pm
MnB

MnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond repute

Hello & a warm welcome!!

We are off to NZ at the end of this month, don't know where we'll settle yet, could be BoP or even Nelson area or Northland or Cambridge.....

Like Dewb, I'm also married to a kiwi....although he's been here (UK) most of his life. We're leaving our two 'adult kids' here.
I'm also a nurse & OH is a furniture restorer, not transfering my registration tho.....time for a change after 30+ yrs!
Good luck with your plans, how brilliant would it be to finish your training in NZ!!
B x

Just realised this is my 1000th post!!!.....be warned this forum is addictive!!

Last edited by MnB; Jan 10th 2010 at 6:00 pm. Reason: BE Addict reached 1000th post.
Old Jan 10th 2010, 6:56 pm
Forum Regular

HHBoP is just really niceHHBoP is just really niceHHBoP is just really niceHHBoP is just really niceHHBoP is just really niceHHBoP is just really niceHHBoP is just really niceHHBoP is just really niceHHBoP is just really niceHHBoP is just really niceHHBoP is just really nice

Hi and welcome

I am flying solo, have jod and permanent residency and am headed for the Bay of Plenty, although exactly where is yet to be determined. I am flying solo. Like Dewb am waiting to sell my house and then shall be off... i work in the field of criminal Justice. Good luck with your plans. Hope u find this site as usefuland supportive as I have

HH
Old Jan 11th 2010, 4:40 am
BE Forum Addict

RobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gmb1771
Hi All,

I am gmb1771 and am keen to move to NZ asap to get away from this horrible weather.
I live in Angus in Scotland with my husband and 3 children and have started making plans to move to Bay of Plenty or Nelson regions in New Zealand.
I am a mature student nurse and would like to complete my last year in New Zealand if possible.
My husband is a joiner with more than 20 years experience under his belt.
We love to cycle and jog. We also love good food and wine.
Would love to hear from others who are moving or have moved to these regions and welcome any advice on any topic.
Hi gmb1771,
We are living in the Bay of Plenty and I was also a mature nursing student, (although I got my degree and a job before we came out here)
Just wanted to say hello and welcome to BE. Happy posting and feel free to ask any questions and we will do our best to help you out.
Donna
XX
Old Jan 11th 2010, 6:10 am
BE Enthusiast

MooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi and welcome

We too are in the Bay of Plenty hubby is the nurse, he also was a mature student he qualified 2 yrs ago, but he got his degree before we left.
Old Jan 11th 2010, 4:09 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Sue
Hi and welcome to the site. We've got lots of people here who are living, or moving to New Zealand and I am sure you will make lots of friends here.

By the way, I love the dog in your avatar. He's/she's gorgeous. What breed is he/she?

Sue
Hi,
Thanks for your reply. I stumbled across the site whilst looking for other information. Its seems like a great idea for building support networks.
The dog in the picture is a chocolate lab-shes not mine but I used to have one just like her.
from Gail.
Old Jan 11th 2010, 4:15 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Dewb09
Hi and welcome, certainly very cold where you are at the mo

I am still here in the UK, waiting to sell house then we are off.
Hubster is a Kiwi and we have 2 girls ( I also have 2 children from previous relationship).

Good luck with all your plans and well done for finding this very informative & friendly site.

this weather passes soon brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Dewb
Hi,
Thanks for replying. I hope your not having trouble selling your house with the recession. We aren't sure whether to put ours up for sale now and rent just in case it doesnt sell when we want to move. Its great that your OH is a kiwi-it must make the process so much easier. Where do you think you might settle? from Gail.
Old Jan 11th 2010, 4:20 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by MnB
Hello & a warm welcome!!

We are off to NZ at the end of this month, don't know where we'll settle yet, could be BoP or even Nelson area or Northland or Cambridge.....

Like Dewb, I'm also married to a kiwi....although he's been here (UK) most of his life. We're leaving our two 'adult kids' here.
I'm also a nurse & OH is a furniture restorer, not transfering my registration tho.....time for a change after 30+ yrs!
Good luck with your plans, how brilliant would it be to finish your training in NZ!!
B x

Just realised this is my 1000th post!!!.....be warned this forum is addictive!!
Hi,
Thats great that your off to NZ at the end of the month. Hope its not too much of a heart wrench to leave your kids. My eldest daughter is 18 and am unsure whether she wants to come or not yet. She has a boyfriend, etc. Dont know how I'd cope if she didnt come.
Good luck with your journey.
from Gail.
Old Jan 11th 2010, 4:28 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by HHBoP
Hi and welcome

I am flying solo, have jod and permanent residency and am headed for the Bay of Plenty, although exactly where is yet to be determined. I am flying solo. Like Dewb am waiting to sell my house and then shall be off... i work in the field of criminal Justice. Good luck with your plans. Hope u find this site as usefuland supportive as I have

HH
Hi,
Thats great that you heading off soon. Do you plan to work in the same line of work when you get there? I think the Bay of Plenty looks like a great place to work and live and bring up children. It seems to have so much more to offer than UK. Thanks for replying and good luck. from Gail.
Old Jan 11th 2010, 4:30 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by MooMoo290373
Hi and welcome

We too are in the Bay of Plenty hubby is the nurse, he also was a mature student he qualified 2 yrs ago, but he got his degree before we left.
Hi,
Where did you live when in UK and is it everything you hoped for now that you are there?
Old Jan 11th 2010, 4:35 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by RobDon
Hi gmb1771,
We are living in the Bay of Plenty and I was also a mature nursing student, (although I got my degree and a job before we came out here)
Just wanted to say hello and welcome to BE. Happy posting and feel free to ask any questions and we will do our best to help you out.
Donna
XX
Hi Donna,
How do you enjoy living there and are you glad you did it? Are there lots of nursing jobs available and what line of nursing are you working in at the moment? Is it much different nursing in NZ compared to GB or is it similar? I have heard that it is much more relaxed there.
Thanks for replying and sorry for all the questions.
from Gail.
Old Jan 11th 2010, 5:03 pm
Forum Regular

DavenHelen is a name known to allDavenHelen is a name known to allDavenHelen is a name known to allDavenHelen is a name known to allDavenHelen is a name known to allDavenHelen is a name known to allDavenHelen is a name known to allDavenHelen is a name known to allDavenHelen is a name known to allDavenHelen is a name known to allDavenHelen is a name known to all

hi
and welcome! we are busy filling our evidence in for the ITA at the mo , medicals booked for feb we pass! then we can really start planning!
as everyone has said this is a fantastic site for asking questions , or answering any worries you may have
My nursing registration has lapsed so we are going on my husbands qualification(IT) but like you may be looking at nursing education in the future as may do a back to nursing course in or may not!

good luck

Helen and Dave x
Old Jan 11th 2010, 5:24 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by DavenHelen
hi
and welcome! we are busy filling our evidence in for the ITA at the mo , medicals booked for feb we pass! then we can really start planning!
as everyone has said this is a fantastic site for asking questions , or answering any worries you may have
My nursing registration has lapsed so we are going on my husbands qualification(IT) but like you may be looking at nursing education in the future as may do a back to nursing course in or may not!

good luck

Helen and Dave x
Hi Helen and Dave,
How long has the process taken you and do you recommend using a company to help. We have filled in a form we received from the emmigration company to see if we are likely to be accepted. They offer a service to help you but have heard this can cost a lot.
I love nursing and hope to work in the Community when qualified.
Good luck with your plans. gail.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.